Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Will we bounce straight back to the Prem?

Simply Yes or no with the position you think we''ll finish in next season.

Yes - 2nd.

If we keep a solid spine of Bennett, Turner, Howson, Tettey and Hoopwe then we have a decent chance. Keep Ruddy as well and we have an excellent chance.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]If we keep a solid spine of Turner, and Hoopwe then we have a decent chance. Keep Ruddy as well and we have an excellent chance. [/quote]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :breath: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :breath: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That was really really stupid.

I didn''t think so.

We have a pretty decent squad and, under the right manager, should make a decent fist of it .

We should definitely be there or thereabouts, I see little reason to doubt that.

Yes - 1st or 2nd *IF* we get the chequebook out and sign a good manager and decent players.

If we go down the ''Prudence'' route and sign a bunch of second rate players from the SPL or lower leagues, despite having no debt, parachute payments and more money to spend than most other clubs in the division, then we''ll finish mid table at best.

No, and I think that unless we find an outstanding manager, we shall do well to finish in the top 8.

I think the critical issue is how the transitional phase is handled. A good side in the Premiership doesn''t automatically walk the Championship, and we weren''t even a good side!There will have to be some very clever tinkering, and it will all have to fall into place very quickly over the summer. When you make changes to a football team, perhaps losing three or four key players, it can take time to knit together, hence my cautious "two seasons" opinion.The key factors are the skill of the incoming manager, and how many players want to leave, neither we know anything about right now.

The vital ingredient we have been missing is leadership on the field and team spirit, without these it doesn''t matter who leaves or who we bring in!

I think we need a rebuild ( with some 4 or 5 only of the current first team ) .... A mainly new team not keeping the core of the current squad. I''m going to say 10th to 12th.

Crickey, on the whole we seem to be a rather pessimistic bunch - the average reply seems to be around 10th, which is quite a bit lower than any of the sides fared who were relegated this season. I can''t really see why we should do worse than they did...

Way too early to say, ask me again at the end of July.

History tells us that''s it''s unlikely; but with the right managerial appointment we''ll stand a chance, although that is going to be hugely dependent on how many players want to stay and put right their wrongs, and how many want to jump ship like the rats of our last 2 relegations.

Sadly I fear there''ll be a lot of the latter, a high turnover of players will make it tough to get back at the first time of asking.

We were a competent outfit in the PL and were only ever out-classed on occasions by the very best. Most of our results were close run things either way and it is not as if we were ever cut adrift. Results against Manchester City, Spurs and Chelsea towards the dog-end of the season demonstrated that there was some class there despite Hughton''s best efforts to reduce all to defensive mediocrity.

I remain quietly confident as long as we don''t discard too many of the squad. I certainly would not want an influx of the Peter Thorne''s, Mark Fotheringhams, Strivhatkas and Brelliers that came about the last time we decided to re-build (x about 3.) 

[quote user="River end canary"]We will only bounce straight back if we reappoint Paul Lambert aka The Messiah[/quote]

How many aliases on here is that now Waveney? 

I think there''s too much to do to expect too much next season. Despite all the tub thumping about players staying or us doing our best to keep them, there will be too many on their way to keep much of a core squad together and we''ll have to bring in new ones. I still think we''ll have a decent season and maybe just miss out, as Reading have this time around, but would hope for a top two placing in 2015/16 with a settled and established coaching and managerial structure that needs little to no adjusting this time next year.

If we go the Newcastle route and keep the relegated team together, then yes.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Yes - 1st or 2nd *IF* we get the chequebook out and sign a good manager and decent players.

If we go down the ''Prudence'' route and sign a bunch of second rate players from the SPL or lower leagues, despite having no debt, parachute payments and more money to spend than most other clubs in the division, then we''ll finish mid table at best.[/quote]

What this fella says.

Yes,if we spend on the right players.Most teams in the championship have players with Prem experience & none will be easy to beat.