Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

well goodbye pilks, hoolahan, RVW, garrido, becchio and bassong

Not even present for the lap of thanks. That''s spelt that one out. I worry with such an apparent turnover of playing staff we won''t be back soon. No surprises if Hooper, snoddy, Turner, tettey and Olsson get added to the list of departures as well as the loans leaving. Without youth, that leaves us Martin, bunn, surman, Bennett x 2, Fox, Johnson, Redmond and howson left...

I know Wes had the whole drama with January, but it''s really sh*tty that he wouldn''t be there for the lap of honour. After all he has played most of his time with us in the lower leagues and been through some real dross with us. You''d think he would have shown up for the end of his time here. Pilks I guess we''ll never know what happened, and Bassong just lost interest this season.
RVW - Couldn''t care less about. Waster, and hasn''t really ever apologised for being such a huge let down.
Garrido - literally no idea why we even bothered buying him.
Becchio - I think he may stay, as I don''t see us selling him to a rival.
As for Hooper, and the same with Turner they could both just as easily be here next season as not. Snoddy will be gone, but I see no reason that Tettey would leave or Olsson. You also forgot Fer, he''ll likely be gone especially as he didn''t feature today.
It''s not good to think that we''ll likely lose 8-12 players though, not so much because other teams want them, but more because they''ll happily go anywhere but stay with us.
We will likely struggle next season. I wouldn''t bet on Fox staying either.

I''d be sad to see Ruddy, E.Bennett, Ollson, Sondgrass and maybe Redmond go, the rest are over paid Championship level players at best with extremely over inflated egos who aren''t fit to wear the shirt. Good riddance to any of them that go

I don''t think Ruddy will go. I think he likes it here. The only reason he would go is if he wanted to make the World Cup squad but playing in the Premier League next season won''t make any different to that now.

I think he''ll give us at least a season to get back up.

I doubt we''ll see RVW go. McNasty is wayyyyy too stubborn to cut his losses. He could go on loan, but not in this country.

Darth Catbeard The Old wrote the following post at 11/05/2014 5:23 PM:

"I''d be sad to see Ruddy, E.Bennett, Ollson, Sondgrass and maybe Redmond go, the rest are over paid Championship level players at best with extremely over inflated egos who aren''t fit to wear the shirt. Good riddance to any of them that go"

Ah, the old myth that Elliott Bennett is some type of superstar wanted by PL teams surfaces yet again. He won''t be going anywhere, especially after we have paid him a whole season''s wages for sitting on his arse.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Darth Catbeard The Old wrote the following post at 11/05/2014 5:23 PM:

"I''d be sad to see Ruddy, E.Bennett, Ollson, Sondgrass and maybe Redmond go, the rest are over paid Championship level players at best with extremely over inflated egos who aren''t fit to wear the shirt. Good riddance to any of them that go"

Ah, the old myth that Elliott Bennett is some type of superstar wanted by PL teams surfaces yet again. He won''t be going anywhere, especially after we have paid him a whole season''s wages for sitting on his arse.[/quote]

Nope and he wouldn''t have saved our season either. But he''ll be excellent in the Championship and is one of very few players who wants to be here and cares about the club. Brighton might come in for him or something I dunno, I was just saying I''d be disappointed if he left

Bit harsh on garrido who did well for us last season. Another who has been horrendously mismanaged like Wes and becchio.

They all have a contract they should make them all stay and rot in the reserves with the exception of Snodgrass who we should cash in on with only one year left on his contract.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]They all have a contract they should make them all stay and rot in the reserves with the exception of Snodgrass who we should cash in on with only one year left on his contract.[/quote] it''s an expensive punishment. If they stay, we should play them. If they decide they cba, 27k fans booing them abuse is a far better punishment than easy paydays in the reserves. I just wonder where this attitude has come from. We have had such a settled squad for the last few years. It''s a worrying turn.

The only thing I hope is that the management issue is resolved by next week, and that any comings and goings are done before the first game kicks off. Or if there are to be any transfers during the end of August that they are only ''ins'' and not ''outs''.

Rvw was in the stands with his family.

Hoolahan should have gone in January. We needed some new players in January and failed. We did need other players last summer and did not buy enough so there are a few that will go but pilks is fine to go. Never improved.

My issue is with players we have had a few seasons that have not improved, it is because they have played at their peak those are the ones that we need to move to the bench as we acquire new players. Need a great manager to come in and shake this up. We also need the board to get with it and be prepared to make footballing decisions earlier, their delay has cost prem status and a lot of money. We won''t be debt free forever so we need new investors to come in to.

Bit harsh on Wolfy. He doesn''t need to apologise; he never set his transfer fee - that was between NCFC and Sporting Lisbon - and although he''s been pretty hopeless, none of our strikers since Hughton came in have particularly shone due to the style we play and feeding off scraps and poor balls.Surprised about Pilkington as well - no idea what''s happened to him. When he first came to us he was a free-scoring midfielder and playing very well but has just completely disappeared of late. Definitely Premiership quality.