Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Norwich vs Arsenal - Match Thread

33 points is utterly pathetic. If ever there was a time to boo it''s at the end of this game. Arrogance, complacency, over sentimentality, being hellbent on filling the squad with mercenaries and at times a complete lack of interest or effort are why we''re in this mess.

I JUST BELIEVE IN MY OWN HEAD THAT WE''RE NOT GOING DOWN, WHAT I BELIEVE IS A FACT SO WE''LL SIT ON OUR ARSE IN JANUARY AND IMPROVE NOTHING

Norwich City don''t do goals. It was tough enough under Hughton but this Adams character has virtually worked this tactic to perfection.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]New manager by the end of next week?[/quote]

Yes please. Start clearing out the crapp and rebuild asap.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Norwich City don''t do goals. It was tough enough under Hughton but this Adams character has virtually worked this tactic to perfection.[/quote]

2 words, Hughton and confidence!

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]New manager by the end of next week?[/quote]

Yes please. Start clearing out the crapp and rebuild asap.

[/quote]
I''m confident this has ruled Adams out of the running. His only chance of being Norwich manager next season would have been to have beaten Arsenal.

The players cannot be blamed - How on earth could they play football when their minds had gone on holiday weeks ago and their families were in the counting house counting up their money.

Although he had a terrible set of games to start with, he hasn''t done much with what''s available to make me believe that he is what we need.

Unfortunately not. When he took the job people thought it was a win win for him, no blame if we got relegated but all the credit if we stay up.

It doesn''t feel as if it''s worked out like that though.

Hughton has seriously screwed up our entire team!!

We are a hopeless cause!

Unless we bring in pretty much a whole new squad we look doomed for next season.

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]bottom eight clubs all lost - shame we had nothing to play for...[/quote]
Around Christmas I really thought Palace and Stoke were in with a shout of going down. Cannot believe Palace finished 11th with a point more than us last season (only 2 behind what Lambert achieved also), and Stoke who looked awful against us home and away finished 9th when only a few months ago they were level on points with us.
We''ve been relegated on exactly the same amount of points as 2005, which shows just how bad this team is really. I don''t know who I really would mind leaving. I think the only reason to try and keep most of this disjointed bunch is to try and salvage some sort of relationship that they have played together, and not having to go and get 7-10 replacements for next season. Sad times.

Probably the same idiot who let punters with no qualifications or training or grasp of reality express their views on a message board.

Is that not what a message board is for?

[quote user="T"]Probably the same idiot who let punters with no qualifications or training or grasp of reality express their views on a message board.[/quote]

Oh dear, you missed the irony.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Who let the idiot release most of our squad on a free and bring in his own gutless players. Give me Zak Whitbread over Bassong any day.[/quote]

Agreed

Surman>Fer

Whitbread>Bassong

E.Bennett>Snodgrass

Holt>RVW

Morison>Hooper

etc

We spent a hell of a lot of money ripping up a decent, hungry, motivated squad to replace them with players of around the same ability, just with much poorer mental attributes who couldn''t care less about this club.

We made the same mistake as Ipswich did all those years ago basically

Would prefer not to see Johnson starting so many games next season.

[quote user="GJP"]Would prefer not to see Johnson starting so many games next season.[/quote]
Well, If we can keep both Tettey and Howson I really can;t see him being much more than a back-up.