Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Norwich vs Arsenal - Match Thread

Norwich kick off in a 4-1-4-1, collapse into a 4-4-2 to defend in two banks of four and attempt to counter attack against wave upon wave of Arsenal advances.

A late chance falls the way of Johan Elmander, who off balance flashes it just wide of the post.

The game finishes 0-0 and fans applaud their failed team for a valiant effort against one of the country''s top sides.

Pity we won''t be able to keep all of them. Swap out either Tettey or Johnson for Hooper and you have a very good Championship side.

Very uninspirational lineup. Whatever poor RvW has been, he is on a contract, and to see a poor loan player like Elmander start the last game of the season is shocking

It''s the right setup to frustrate Arsenal and give us the best chance of securing the point which will keep us 18th and yield the extra £1.8m into the coffers for next season.

not that i want adams to keep the job anyway but hes just 100% confirmed why he shouldnt get it by starting the last game of the season, at home, after confirmed relegation, with a LOAN old man striker who couldnt score in mercy at 2am on a saturday morningwhy the hell would you anyone select elmander, would be better of with hooper, or morris, or loza, or my dead grandfather

[quote user="grefstad"]Very uninspirational lineup. Whatever poor RvW has been, he is on a contract, and to see a poor loan player like Elmander start the last game of the season is shocking[/quote]

In one.

Merson has just called our tactics in playing for a draw at Chelsea a "cv result." re: Neil Adams.

This today is a "CV line-up."

Come on down Malky.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="grefstad"]Very uninspirational lineup. Whatever poor RvW has been, he is on a contract, and to see a poor loan player like Elmander start the last game of the season is shocking[/quote]

In one.

Merson has just called our tactics in playing for a draw at Chelsea a "cv result." re: Neil Adams.

This today is a "CV line-up."

Come on down Malky.

[/quote]

Yep, I said after the Chelsea game, when Adams did not try to win it the last 10 mins, and his stupid answers on the TV on why he did not gamble, it is clear he is playing for his future as manager.

He wants to prove he can mix it in games vs the big boys (and in his view it is not losing that counts...winning is not that important , apparently...).

Adams should know fans want a proper show, a proper sendoff. Instead he will treat us with Johnson, Elmander, and a setup made to frustrate.

He kicks RvW out of the stadium, and keeps Hooper on the bench.

Fans will not bother if we lose to Arse, but they will want us to try to win the decking game.

Adams, with his lineup, is clearly trying not to lose.

Shocking.

Even Hughton would have been more adventurous than this.

Where''s Fer for f''s sake? Two defensive midfielders when the crowd want to see a bit of attacking adventure in this our last PL game for some time.

I am quickly going off the idea of Neil Adams managing Norwich City.

Fer is not in cos he has failed to deliver most of the season and has been one of the let downs in my opinion despite all the promise he supposedly had

Err maybe the line up is the way it is because this will most likely be our team next year? Or maybe this is the group of players who actually give a sh1t? Fer''s off, so is Hooper and RVW most likely by the sound of it what''s the point in playing them?

Decent start as well

Snodgrass continuing to show why nobody with any sense will buy him for a premier league team... he may try hard but he can''t pass or cross for peanuts.

Took one look at that line up and lost interest in today already. I think if Adams is given the gig full time, we''ll be down for a while.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]more like a pre season friendly than a league game...[/quote]Having a hard time not falling asleep watching this...

It''s all a bit flat here at CR. A good opening quarter but Arsenal should be in front on chances. Two great stops from Ruddy right in front of me in the River end.

Here we go again.

When are people going to realise that giving an appearance of giving a sh!t can never make up for giving the ball away?

No wonder we got relegated. Ability not apparent effort

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Nathan Redmond really is Lee Croft isn''t he?[/quote] but with more pace, younger and more skills. I reckon in a couple of years he''ll be an England squad regular.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Nathan Redmond really is Lee Croft isn''t he?[/quote] but with more pace, younger and more skills. I reckon in a couple of years he''ll be an England squad regular.[/quote]he needs to learn to pass/cross/shoot first!