Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

Be your own man today Neil.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Philip, that is an excellent summation with which I can only agree.

I was disappointed after Josh Murphy was interviewed following his game against Fulham where he provided the cross from the byline for Snodgrass to head home.

When it was mentioned about getting in the supply he made it very clear that he was encouraged to come inside and shoot.
This same advice I feel is what Redmond has been receiving most of the season and after Southampton, where Boric really should have saved his effort, his shooting and his variation has been poor.

Redmond is a talented young player but, my goodness, he needs some good advice, coaching and development so that he can truly fulfill his potential.[/quote]
It''s not so much the encouragement to come inside and shoot that concerns me, it''s that it seems that they seem to have removed any other variation from our wingers game. By all means, tell your players to perform one action over another bit not at the expense of making yourself predictable, by doing that you are defeating one of the purposes of playing inverted wingers!

Fully agree.

Whereas Redmond''s game has not just failed to progress it has in fact gone backwards.

Snodgrass, on the other hand with his greater experience, has used the opportunity for himself.

He has spent much time on the ball, taken the vast majority of set pieces (and only has two assists to his name this season?), scored a few goals but, as you point out, become very predictable.

Because he has worked hard and seen so much of the ball as well as scoring a few goals he has won POTS.

But what is, or should be his role?

And has he fulfilled it?

I don''t think so.