Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroo Court

Chris Martin

To be fair, I''m a Chris Martin fan and I would never have predicted he would''ve scored 25 goals in the Championship. I always saw him as a player who would get around 15 goals a season with an unusually high number of assists for a striker.  

I am also an admirer of Chris Martin and I am pleased to see him doing well.

I am also quite sure he has had a far better service at Derby this season than our expensive strikers have received with us.

Good luck to the lad. I don''t believe he was given a fair crack with us and his attitude was blamed for him being moved on.

Not everyone has the Holt type ego and personality.

When Martin was here, he was never popular amongst this messageboard for various reasons, and it was generally accepted that he wasn''t up to Premier League standard.And as has been said- I don''t think any of us expected him to become a player who would score 25 goals in a Championship season.Yet another very weak excuse to have a pop at Hughton...

Chris Martin has always been a natural finisher, he was for us and he continues to be.

He got slated on this board and by some fans because they thought he was lazy, it''s a classic Norwich fans'' critisism, If he doesn''t chase every lost ball he is shit.

We should never have let him go.

The goal he just scored for Derby not one of our strikers would have got, he forced his way between defenders and it was sheer determination and instinct that got him the goal.

For all those saying our strikers never got the service this season, sometimes you have to put your body on the line and create a chance, we just haven''t done that.

100% spot on!! Lazy football fans were never able to see his potential, like Hoolahan he sometime looks like he doesn''t do very much. But he was always a class act and will do well next season in the premier league. Hughton = clueless!!!

I am pleased to see him doing well, but Championship goals are no sign a player can make the grade in the Premier League. Hooper and Becchio have a ton of goals at the lower level but neither looks to have the required quality in the top flight.

Only one way to find out CJF.

But instinctive goal scorers are in with a chance whatever league they are in, but I take your point.