Sign in to follow this  
#

Get Chris Martin back asap!

If Derby fail in the playoffs of course.

Three times the player Wolfiwanki is and he should never have been let go.. he''s just what we need atm.

He would never come back. We never should have released him in the first place. It was largely discussed at the time on this forum and the majority of people said "hes not good enough in the Premier league", despite only having 4 starts. Hes already proved anyone wrong, including Hughton who released him.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Nah.[/quote]

So we don''t need a 20 plus scorer at City?

How silly of me

But he hasn''t proved he is good enough in the Premier league, has he. Most accepted he was good enough in the Championship.

[quote user="morty"]But he hasn''t proved he is good enough in the Premier league, has he. Most accepted he was good enough in the Championship.[/quote]

And where are we now morty?

Is there any indication at all of whether Derby want to sell him, regardless of what division they end up in ? Or indeed that CM wants to leave Pride Park, or come here ?If not, then I do not really know why Wiz started this thread.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Is there any indication at all of whether Derby want to sell him, regardless of what division they end up in ? Or indeed that CM wants to leave Pride Park, or come here ?

If not, then I do not really know why Wiz started this thread.
[/quote]

No indication at all Reggie...but then again there wasn''t when we signed Ashton or Holt either!

[quote user="Wiz"]

Three times the player Wolfiwanki is and he should never have been let go.. he''s just what we need atm.

[/quote]Why the Huck would he come back here after how he left us?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Is there any indication at all of whether Derby want to sell him, regardless of what division they end up in ? Or indeed that CM wants to leave Pride Park, or come here ?If not, then I do not really know why Wiz started this thread.[/quote]

No indication at all Reggie...but then again there wasn''t when we signed Ashton or Holt either!

[/quote]Not the same, Wiz .Neither Ashton nor Holt were playing at the same level as us at the time . It was a step up for them. Would CM really see moving from Derby to Norwich thus ?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Nah.[/quote]

So we don''t need a 20 plus scorer at City?

How silly of me

[/quote]

If we keep hold of Becchio and Hooper then we already have two Championship players of this approximate quality.

Get rid of Ricky, promote one or two of the younger players and we''re sorted. No need to spend several million getting Martin back.

The way some of our fans (and knowing the OP''s track record it wouldn''t shock me if he was one of them) treated him I would be surprised if he wanted to return. I''d say it was one of those situations when he needed a change of scenery though and it''s worked out brilliantly for him and Derby.

[quote user="king canary"]The way some of our fans (and knowing the OP''s track record it wouldn''t shock me if he was one of them) treated him I would be surprised if he wanted to return. I''d say it was one of those situations when he needed a change of scenery though and it''s worked out brilliantly for him and Derby.[/quote]

Exactly, often a player needs to find his ''home''. Martin found his at Derby, just as Holty found his here.

Let''s call this ''Holtism''; When a football player finds the club which suits him.

Yes it always works well to get strikers back in, just remember Jamie Cureton...

Truth is we know CM is a good championship striker, this season he''s done well in a good team although his goals scored are inflated because he takes their penalties.  He failed to make the step up to Prem level when he had the chance.

Becchio would be a more complete player at championship level IMO and I''d expect Hooper to do well at that level too.

Would it be a good idea to get CM back - would he even want to come ?  How much would we have to pay as a transfer fee, for a player we let go when he was out of contract.

[quote user="king canary"]The way some of our fans (and knowing the OP''s track record it wouldn''t shock me if he was one of them) treated him I would be surprised if he wanted to return. I''d say it was one of those situations when he needed a change of scenery though and it''s worked out brilliantly for him and Derby.[/quote]

Standard internet point scoring..........love it!!  [:D]

I can understand why you suggest it Wiz, but even though he has had an excellent season at Derby, he is history for our club and as mentioned found a club and a manager who he thrived under. We now need to find the next Grant Holt and who''s to say that Hooper and dare I say RVW (although I would be shocked if he stays) wont cut it next season.   

"Standard internet point scoring..........love it!!  [:D]"

Given that internet point scoring is pretty much your raison d''être, it''s amazing that you feel the need to pick others up for it.

would rather get stevie may for 500k than spend 3m plus on chris martin

You say that Morty but actually the majority of posts were saying CM didn''t even make it in the championship and found his level at League 1.

No he didn''t make it in the PL but, like Becchio, he never really had the chances. Trouble with CM was also the fact he had to try and ignore the ''he''s lazy'' comments from our so called ''fans''.

Well done to him for making his mark in the championship and hopefully he''ll get a proper crack at the prem, and at a club that appreciates what he can do.

Martin suits their style of play - he has that assistive/creative role mainly and gets the ball out wide and in and around the box to make things happen or provide for others, plus chip in with goals. He''s said previously that his ratio has always been about 1 in 3 and that was mostly the case this season too from what I remember seeing/reading. He also chips in with the free kicks and penalties. He''s a decent player and looks to have matured, but as I said initially he suits their style of play, which I believe is a 4-3-3.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]To everything, turn turn turn...

[quote user="First Wizard"]If we have to rely on the convicted thug Martin................then God help us![:''(][/quote]There is a season, turn turn turn...

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

To everything, turn turn turn...

[quote user="First Wizard"]If we have to rely on the convicted thug Martin................then God help us![:''(]
[/quote]

There is a season, turn turn turn...

[/quote]

That quote was for the Premier you mug.

Wake up Chops.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]To everything, turn turn turn...

[quote user="First Wizard"]If we have to rely on the convicted thug Martin................then God help us![:''(][/quote]There is a season, turn turn turn...[/quote]

That quote was for the Premier you mug. Wake up Chops.[/quote]

Convicted thugs are ok in the Champs then Wiz? [:O]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

To everything, turn turn turn...

[quote user="First Wizard"]If we have to rely on the convicted thug Martin................then God help us![:''(]
[/quote]

There is a season, turn turn turn...

[/quote]

That quote was for the Premier you mug. Wake up Chops.[/quote]

Convicted thugs are ok in the Champs then Wiz? [:O]

[/quote]

Yawn.

Always the same gang of dickheads point scoring.............morty will be along soon.

No need to be abusive Wiz, I understand that you''re likely embarrassed because you have been made to look a bit silly.Again.[:)]