Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Billy Sharp

Hi new poster. Pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down, we go again. OTBC.

Been trying to think of new strikers we can sign, struggled really but always liked Sharp.

Shame that we are going to be without Chris Martin but think he is a similar type of player.

Replacing Holty is still going to be the toughest job, we still haven''t replaced him and all of our best teams have had a good big man up front. Iwan, Sutton, Holt.

Problem is I can''t think of any good big target men, Sharp isn''t a big man, anybody know some? Had a butchers at the top scorers list in League One, but when you see David Mooney and Cody McDonald on it you realise that it isn''t a very good way of shopping.

Anyone else suddenly feeling that we let go of our natural Holt successor and that he now plays for Derby?

For me the striker we need is someone who is nailed on to score goals, we have that in hooper and possibly in Becchio, but would like to see us spend a bit on a proven attacking championship player that knows the league.

Yes, we do need that striker Mrs Miggins. Think we need more than one though?

Do hope we avoid signing from foreign leagues where possible, never works out well for this club. One or two maybe but need a mostly British squad again.

Depends you know. Elmander is going so we''ll have.

I imagine Hooper and Becchio will play together

RVW- will he stay or will he go?

Hooper- 43 goals in 80 games when in the championship (and that was with scunthorpe)

Becchio- 19 goals by January/half the season

Its pretty clear that we''re gonna need a ''big target man,''. If RVW goes, then we''ll need to replace him as well. For me though, we need another CAM

I''m not so sure. It depends how much he wants to play in the premier league. We''re his only hope for that, but if he''s doing it for the money (as they''ll be a clause in his contract to say if we got down, his wages will also go down accordingly) then he''ll go, but personally i''m not so sure as everyone else.

We are all guessing of course and not our job to say who stays or goes or who comes. Of all our strikers then one who must stay is Hooper, think he will score 25 in Championship.