Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

No lap clapping fans on Sunday.

I hope the players will not have the nerve to do a lap round the ground after the game Sunday with their children all dressed in token N C F C kits.In my mind that will be an insult to the fans who have payed a lot of cash to watch awfull football all season,I hope after the game the fans go home at the final whistle and the players hang their heads and go down the tunnel never to appear again.It may seem harsh but the fans are the club and we have seen years of good work chucked down the drain this season,we will be back next season,hopefully with a new manager and a new squad of players that want to be N C F C players and will give their all for the club and the passion that the fans ask for.

But they will need to thank the fans for the amazing support (well most of the fans) and would receive flack if they didnt.....I''m sure there is a way of doing this in a balanced way.................they could perhaps all run out with a banner with a thank you message on or something.

It''s all going to be a bit embarassing frankly.Playing a meaningless game in front of a full house is bad enough but the players then going on a lap of  honour  after the the number of feeble displays they''ve produced this season is taking the biscuit. There are exceptions of course but only a few players can hold their heads up high.There''s bound to be a few '' happy clappers '' - those that''ll jump up an down and applaud anything in yellow and green - but I''m hoping they''ll be pretty thin on the ground on Sunday

I doubt very much there will be a lap.
And let me know if any of you are having a bad day at the office, and I will happily come to your workplace and boo you.

[quote user="morty"]I doubt very much there will be a lap.
And let me know if any of you are having a bad day at the office, and I will happily come to your workplace and boo you.
[/quote]Wouldn''t be so bad if it was only a bad DAY at the office but somehow they''ve managed to stretch that day from Aug through to the following May....

I think they should take turns in being rolled up and down the pitch in the inflatable wheels while we throw pies at them.

[quote user="GC"]The players should not get any applause from the fans. Instead, I''d be more inclined to boo them....................................[/quote]

Yes, that''ll convince them to stay at City,  pure genius.[:S]

Idiots.

Whilst a lap of honour is ridiculous (no relegated team should do that), booing is f*****g mental and would make the club look really bad.

It would also be harsh on the few players who have really tried this season - Olsson, Johnson, Turner, Snoddy, Ruddy, Murphy - to name a few. The quality hasn''t been there but those guys and a couple more did put a lot of hard work in and never gave up.

Don''t let the overpaid underachievers tarnish your view of the whole squad. Some of them are just lacking quality, not heart, and those guys are top drawer players in the Championship so we will want them, need them, to stay.

I''m just going to watch the game and leave when it''s over. It''s called class.

My minds already set on the future and the opportunity we have to mould a really good side that is stronger than ever in the premier league.

Could be an opportunity to restablish that bond between players and supporters that has sadly disappeared over the last 2 years, it''ll be important next year for us to have that back. That being said any of the players that don''t want to be here next year and help us get out of the mess they''ve played a part in getting us in are welcome to stay in the dressing room.

[quote user="GC"]The players should not get any applause from the fans. Instead, I''d be more inclined to boo them....................................[/quote]

With a bit of effing and jeffing thrown in for good measure hey Grantham? [;)]

If the players do a lap of honour and you don''t feel this is right, then leave. A half full stand will make a point just as much as booing and it won''t...a) get the backs up of those players who have given their all this season.b) alienate those players (the majority?) who will still be here next season. Lets not piss them off before we even start! c) upset fans who want to applaud their team. Why ruin it for them when there is another, equally effective, way of showing your discontent.d) spoil it for the players kids (should they join the team). Its hardly their fault so why ruin their experience.e) make Norwich fans look like a bunch of immature twats.To reiterate. If you don''t agree with it, just leave.

Moo

I think we need to be mindful of any others who may be involved, if, and I think it is a big if, they have therir children and partners with them, then I think it would be innappropriate to boo or to derise in any way. Imagine the efect this could have on young kids.

IMO, most (not all) of the players have done their best given the circumstances they found themselves in, and maybe the less said about that the better.

Also, we may be fielding some of our youngsters, OK these are young adults and not kids but if we want them to give their all for the club next year, starting the season off with negativity from the fans ringing in their ears probably isn''t the best way to achieve this.

IMO the best way forward is for everyone to let the season come to an aniticlimatical close. The players clap the crowd as they leave the pitch and the crowd leave quietly, afterall what does anything other than this achieve other than individual personal gratification?

I shall quietly leave the ground at the final whistle, no booing or clapping required.

So up until the West Brom game everything was Hughton''s fault, now it''s all the players ? Yes, some of them have had bad seasons and I would help Bassong pack his bags, but to suggest booing all the players is daft IMO

[quote user="Buh"]I''m just going to watch the game and leave when it''s over. It''s called class.

My minds already set on the future and the opportunity we have to mould a really good side that is stronger than ever in the premier league.[/quote]

All the class you''ve shown this year with some of your posts. Give it a rest you bell end. Stop acting like a lackey for people you''re trying to impress.

I''m pretty sure their was a "lap" in the season we were relegated to League 1?

Also, it isn''t a "lap of honour".. it''s a "lap of appreciation" ie. for the fans.

But it''d be interesting to see how many of the players would actually bother if they weren''t forced..

There sort of has to be a lap of honour. It''s tradition and I think the players should be made to do it. I want to see players like Bassong clapping the fans, whether he wants to or not. Mind you, not that I''d stay for a lap of honour. I''d be in the car by the time they exited the tunnel again.

Despite the fact the season has been shart, a lot of us have shown great loyalty to the players, and the club. For an example see the crowd we took away to Chelsea.And I''m sure the players appreciate that, regardless of how things turned out.