Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Samaras - Free and perfect foil with Hooper

Ok the tin hat is on but Samaras is leaving on a free from Celtic this summer, he and Hooper linked superbly whilst at Celtic, he has scored 1 in 3 in the Scots premier league and would not be an expensive gamble, also still great mates with Hooper.

I know at 29 he isnt a long term solution but i feel as a short term get us goals and be a target man in the Holt mould may be worth a punt.

What do you think guys?

Very good player but think he would get a prem team or team in another country who play in europe.

If our next manager is lennon then maybe, but if it isn''t then no chance.

I don`t see why not, we present a new challenge and a chance for him to play in the premiership again, and the comparison to Maric is pathetic as Samaras is an international striker with 71 caps

Not good enough, he doesn''t score enough goals considering he''s up against defenders League 1 standards, playing for a team that are a million miles better who create and win in basically all their matches.

Think he plays on left wing mainly for Celtic not up front. If Hoolahan and Pilkington are offski then maybe we do need a left footer who can score goals.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Not good enough, he doesn''t score enough goals considering he''s up against defenders League 1 standards, playing for a team that are a million miles better who create and win in basically all their matches.[/quote]Something wrong here. I agree completely with you Mrs M!!!![:S]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]The feelings mutual, don''t you have a plastic to go and pick on or something?[/quote]No, I''ve filled my quota for the day with Wiz and Bor. [;)]

we won''t pay his wages, we need to start offloading high earners not bringing them in.