Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Official club statement

I wouldn''t read too much into the mention of Neil Adams as a potential candidate, I think their just putting it in there to appear respectful.

I also hope I''m wrong, but the sureness about "within a a week" sounds like it''s Adams. Unless they''ve been talking to someone for a while already because as said above a week is a short period to get this sort of thing tied up.

It had better not be Adams....

It would be very odd and lacking in respect not to mention Adams.

The short timescale is a good thing, the wheels will have been in motion for some time.

[quote user="Stanton Canary"]I think this rules out Lennon, Sherwood or anyone else already employed[/quote]Agreed.The optimist in me hopes that the ''within a week'' comment and Malky''s

contract situation being cleared up in the last couple of days are

linked.The pessimist in me is saying that Adams will get it full time, and it will be 2009 all over again.For the club to be so sure someone is coming in that

soon, means that talks are well underway with whoever the new manager

is, because as I said before, it seems unfeasible to go through the

whole process in less than a week.

[quote user="Stanton Canary"]I think this rules out Lennon, Sherwood or anyone else already employed[/quote]
Not necessarily, the club have probably been planning for relegation since we lost to Fulham. They probably started looking at managers as far back as then who would be willing to manage the club. All they need to do at this point is underline their final choice and approach a club for compensation, which isn''t as hard as people think if a manager has already indicated he would be willing to join the club.

I wouldn''t say it entirely rules out anyone in employment as all you need is permission from the club to talk to their manager. The finer details can be sorted later.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I also hope I''m wrong, but the sureness about "within a a week" sounds like it''s Adams. Unless they''ve been talking to someone for a while already because as said above a week is a short period to get this sort of thing tied up.

It had better not be Adams....[/quote]McNally wouldn''t have sacked Hughton unless he had a plan.

Work is already under way to learn from the experiences of this season and to prepare for a busy summer as we focus all of our energies and resources on competing in the Sky Bet Championship next season.

''Competing'', not ''gaining promotion back to the BPL'' seems the board are under no illusions as to how difficult that will be or am I reading too much into those carefully chosen words?

I doubt that it rules out Lennon. There has obviously been contact with him already, even before Hughton went.

nulli secundus wrote the following post at 11/05/2014 8:05 PM:

Work is already under way to learn from the experiences of this season and to prepare for a busy summer as we focus all of our energies and resources on competing in the Sky Bet Championship next season.

''Competing'', not ''gaining promotion back to the BPL'' seems the board are under no illusions as to how difficult that will be or am I reading too much into those carefully chosen words?

They know how tough it will be.

It''s a huge ask for the new manager and it will be even tougher if the Board are careless with their language

Lister to talk sport Monday morning on the Alan Brazil show he''s normally on there

Doubt it''s Adams, but I think they''re covering themselves as Adams will be the fallback candidate if they can''t secure any of their main targets.

I don''t think the timescale means it''s Adams. I dare say they''ll have been making plans even before they sacked Hughton.

I would suggest that it does indeed rule out those managers currently in employment though - not so much because of the one week bit, but because we''ve probably been speaking to them for a while. If they''ve been managing clubs for the last four or five games of the season, they''ll have been concentrating on that, not discussing next season with us.

Sherwood''s contract with Tottenham was only to the end of the season, wasn''t it? So we can''t rule him out as he knows very well he won''t be Tottenham manager next season.

Also was it really necessary to drop the the sponsor''s name into the statement? "Sky Bet Championship" - no one calls it that.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Sherwood''s contract with Tottenham was only to the end of the season, wasn''t it? So we can''t rule him out as he knows very well he won''t be Tottenham manager next season.

Also was it really necessary to drop the the sponsor''s name into the statement? "Sky Bet Championship" - no one calls it that.[/quote]End of NEXT season I thought.