Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

HOBNOBs Won, Norwich City Lost!

Out of respect for Neil Adams I thought I''d wait until the end of the season to post this - although, the day that the HOBNOBs got there way was the day we were relegated!

Well done! Clap Clap. Hope you are proud of yourselves! You can now tell your children and grandchildren that "I was one of the Original HONBNOBs and we won!"

However, once the grim reality of the morning painfully crosses your brow - and you try to pretend it was a bad dream and it didn''t really happen - ask yourselves "Am I proud of what I achieved?" "Did my contribution make Norwich City a better club?" "Or maybe, just maybe, did my intransigence regarding Chris Hughton play a part in the club''s downfall?"

If you think for one moment that the constant, non-stop animosity towards the manager wouldn''t reflect itself on the players, then you are truly deluded. Players become so "intense" that they cannot relax and play their natural game. Don''t see many other teams where the players have a go at there own supporters! That should have been the signal that "Enough is Enough!" - but oh no, you just had to keep going on and on and on like a broken record!

Well you''ve got your pyrrhic victory - you won the battle - but unfortunately, thanks to you, we lost the war!

It''s such a pity that the last 2 years of the Premier league journey was tainted by your constant carping about CH - and whether "he deserved" to stay on! You never really gave him a chance did you? You were always looking for reasons as to why he wasn''t the right man for the job. And why? Was it because his name wasn''t Paul Lambert?

This has to be a wind up?

I don''t know wether to tear into you or just brush you off.

Here''s my reply......

Seriously, he had a fair chance before the animosity started. From Xmas 2012 we have generally been slipping in consistancy and performances. I was what is known as a ''fence sitter'' and really wanted him to turn it around. I would never boo manager or players regardless of performance, but come January this year it was obvious to most that we were heading towards the relegation area, and a change was needed. The lack of serious strengthening in January, or changing the manager then, was the big mistake. They nearly called it correctly by playing the cheapo card. Only a series of freak results by Sunderland & Palace, and a continued decline of Norwich''s abilities combined to make the seemingly ''safe'' situation into relegation. Please don''t blame the fans, the majority like myself perhaps had too much patience. 

Am I glad that Hughton went? Yes.Am I a supporter of a better club and team as a result? Yes.Do I have a sense of hope for the future? Yes.Was there any sign of that hope under Hughton? No.

This is a pi$$ take right?

Oh no the grim reality of the morning has painfully crossed my brow (whatever that means) and it seems that it is a serious post!!! Oh dear!

Nice try but I think you''ll find that it was the BOM that sacked Hughton and not the posters on Pink''un. The ridiculous amount of vitriol on here, especially over the last season should have at least told you that there were supporters in both the In and Out camps. There was never a one sided campaign to get rid of Hughton regardless of what was happening in the games.

Your high and mighty moral rhetoric doesn''t really help the situation does it?

If the supporters are in any way to blame it is for not forcing the board into action earlier.

The vast, vast majority of supporters in the Hughton Out camp continued to support the team 100% once inside the stadium, regardless of whatever they chatted about in the pub or posted on the internet.

Blaming the fans for our relegation is a last desperate roll of the dice by supporters who backed the manager too long and refuse to acknowledge that they were wrong, and it''s frankly pathetic.