Sign in to follow this  
TYassini

Howson

My Leeds supporting mate thinks Howson is going to go back there. Were there any clauses that could facilitate it in the deal?

I doubt they have the money. I personally think Howson will stay and be made captain, but if he goes I think it would be to a Villa, or maybe one of the promoted clubs.

[quote user="Pabs"]I doubt they have the money. I personally think Howson will stay and be made captain, but if he goes I think it would be to a Villa, or maybe one of the promoted clubs.[/quote]

I''ve thought that Howson should be made Captain for a while.  Was at Leeds when he was just 19, I think.

He is the sort of player the club should be doing all they can to keep and then build around him.

Will shine in the Championship.

Many of the better players such as Howson will look for signs of ambition and leadership. If they get encouragement then i suspect most will buy in and stay at least for 1 season

Leeds is my only concern of Howson leaving. Snoddy would go on to bigger/better things if he is going to move on at all. and Bradders receive(d)/(s) so much hate from Leeds fans he probably won''t go back. and Becchio is, well, more or less irrelevant. I have read or heard that all four players have clauses to return to leads if we end up in the same league (champ/pl, doesn''t matter) because, Leeds is an amazing place, and all players everywhere loves Leeds, and no one would want to leave... I''m 99.9999% sure no player has such a clause that allows them to return to leads specifically. there may be a relegation clause which means we must let clubs talk to them, but that would be about it, and there''s no way of knowing until it comes out. what it comes down to is Leeds fans not being able to accept that they''re not, well, big anymore, and that clubs like us were able to poach all their best players. Granted, starting the first game of next season, we are on even playing field, but depending on the manager and transfers in the summer, we are poised much better to be more successful than them.

Howson is tied in on quite a long term contract which he only signed at Christmas- I don''t believe anything about these magical ''you can go back to Leeds'' clauses, I''ve never heard of a release clause for one particular club ever and the same clause for 4 players with that one club? Absolutely no chance. I honestly think that it just comes from Leeds fans belief that no player would ever want to leave them as they are so very special.

I don''t see how Leeds would have been in any position to insist on a buy back/return clause in any deal that took Howson to us.

We had all the aces-we had the cash, the ambition, the means to attract him to the club and the level of football he wanted to play at. Leeds, at the time and, quite possibly, today (with the news that 70 plus employees of the club are set to be sacked/made redundant in order to reduce spiralling and out of control costs) don''t have the resources to attract him back.

If he leaves us it would be to go to another Premier League club. If he stays at this level he''ll want to go one that has a better chance than us, at this moment in time, of getting straight back up again. And, right now, that club is, along with a handful of others, us. Leeds not so likely.

Leeds fans are clutching at straws I''m afraid. Don''t see it happening else a proviso for same.

[quote user="Pabs"] I personally think Howson will stay and be made captain, [/quote]

I hope he stays too,  good use of the ball and great mobility.

Not sure I have seen much this season to make me think he is captain material though - not saying he doesnt have it in him but I just have not seen anything that makes me think he is a suitable captain.

[quote user="king canary"]I''ve never heard of a release clause for one particular club ever[/quote]Maybe not a release clause per se, but more a first option to re-buy should the player be available.AFAIK, Man Utd put that sort of clause in the deal when they sold Pique to Barca, but Barca haven''t wanted to sell (nor Pique to return to Man Utd)...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="king canary"]I''ve never heard of a release clause for one particular club ever[/quote]Maybe not a release clause per se, but more a first option to re-buy should the player be available.AFAIK, Man Utd put that sort of clause in the deal when they sold Pique to Barca, but Barca haven''t wanted to sell (nor Pique to return to Man Utd)...[/quote]

Apparently Arsenal have one of those for Vela too. However these are generally promising prospects sold by big clubs in-case they come good. I can''t see Leeds being in the position to insist on four of those.

This is one of the daftest threads ever!Leeds have been issued a winding up petition this week (the second this year) and have been struggling to pay players wages for some time now. It is also suggested they are about to sack 70 members of staff.Yep, they''re certainly in the market to buy expensive players. [:S]

Apparently their Italian owner is worth 800 mil and the winding up order is because he''s playing hard ball with a previous board member.

I''m scared, don''t leave Johnny.

[quote user="TYassini"]Apparently their Italian owner is worth 800 mil and the winding up order is because he''s playing hard ball with a previous board member.

I''m scared, don''t leave Johnny.[/quote]I wouldn''t worry too much about their owner if I was you. He''s likely to be inside if his appeal against his recent conviction in Italy for fraud and tax evasion fails. From Wiki........"Cellino was arrested in February 2013 with the mayor of Quartu

Sant''Elena, Mauro Contini, and the public works commissioner Stefano

Lilliu, for attempted embezzlement and fraudulent misrepresentation

following an investigation into the construction of the Stadio Is Arenas. Cellino was held in custody for over two weeks, in a case which remains

unresolved. Cellino''s arrest warrant called him a man of "marked

criminal tendencies...capable of using every kind of deception to

achieve his ends" Cellino has two prior criminal convictions, for deceiving the Italian

Ministry of Agriculture out of £7.5m in 1996 and for false accounting at

Cagliari in 2001."

Howson only signed a new contract earlier this season, so he wont be going anywhere unless someone forks out a very decent wedge on him (Leeds would certainly not be able to afford him).

Apparently Howson has told the club he''s leaving. He has said he wants to play for Leeds if he isn''t in the premiership.

[quote user="TYassini"]Apparently Howson has told the club he''s leaving. He has said he wants to play for Leeds if he isn''t in the premiership.[/quote]Thats ok then im sure the board will grant him his move LOL.

[quote user="king canary"]Howson is tied in on quite a long term contract which he only signed at Christmas- I don''t believe anything about these magical ''you can go back to Leeds'' clauses, I''ve never heard of a release clause for one particular club ever and the same clause for 4 players with that one club? Absolutely no chance. I honestly think that it just comes from Leeds fans belief that no player would ever want to leave them as they are so very special.[/quote]i think jdt was being sarcastic when he wrote that [;)]

Oh Leeds fans... for a supposedly big club they don''t half have some tinpot supporters. Run along.

Would anyone want to back to Leeds?[:S]