Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

David Mcnally has my confidence vote

In my view our CEO comes across as genuinely remorseful and pained at our teams demise.He loves our club and respects it''s supporters.I am left in no doubt whatsoever that he is the leader who ultimately will take us forward and upward.Yes he messed up big time this time and he well knows it. However he will come good and so will the club.Moreover I believe that being an honorable man he would resign if he truly believed that his resignationwould benefit Norwich City FC.This endorsement of his services does not necessarily support his next managerial selection and believe me I do not envy that task in todays climate where no obvious candidates show up.Both leagues are stronger now, the commercial stakes are higher than when we were promoted and arguably we are weaker consequently we face a tortuous path ahead of us but our foundations are strong as they are stable. We begin next season with a bloody nose and some scars but NOT in my case with despair or desperation simply a realistic anticipation for a bright future.

There hasn''t been a point where he hasn''t had my vote.As for "messed up big time" after having chatted to him I am happy that he made the decisions he did, always, in the best interests of the football club, as he points out, its easy with hindsight. But unfortunately his position means he has to carry the can.

Contrition for the mistakes and acknowledging ''we'' may have been right with a very positive and assuring stance for the future.

Exactly what was needed, I just hope he can find some reason to drive down the M4 to deliver further good news.

I doubt that any one could have predicted that our striker signings would have failed the way they did.

You could argue that we should have brought in at least one tried and tested Premier League striker, a Shane Long, Peter Crouch esque'' player.

Imagine the wrath the board would be under if we tried to bring in Hooper and RVW and were seen to have not spent the cash in failing to do so...

It''s clear where the blame lies for this season and that is with Hughton - Norwich in the Premier League must be one of the 50 best jobs in club football in the world. Hughton isn''t even in the top 500 managers.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I doubt that any one could have predicted that our striker signings would have failed the way they did.

You could argue that we should have brought in at least one tried and tested Premier League striker, a Shane Long, Peter Crouch esque'' player.

Imagine the wrath the board would be under if we tried to bring in Hooper and RVW and were seen to have not spent the cash in failing to do so...

It''s clear where the blame lies for this season and that is with Hughton - Norwich in the Premier League must be one of the 50 best jobs in club football in the world. Hughton isn''t even in the top 500 managers.[/quote]Despite the fact I backed Hughton (as McNally did ) I think we all recognised that he would not be Norwich City manager next season.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Do you think he would have been our manager this season if we''d finished 17th last season?[/quote]No.

[quote user="Norfolk Canary"]I''m led to believe that McNally wanted Hughton out last summer, but the rest of the board didn''t.............[/quote]Led to believe by who?I have talked to him on the subject, and thats not the impression I got.But really, does it matter?

[quote user="Norfolk Canary"]I know someone who gets information from the club..[/quote]
I am sure you do. But bear in mind it is likely to be someones opinion, or take on it.
I doubt very much that private boardroom matters are discussed anywhere other than the boardroom.

I thought it was an honest & at times quite brutal assessment of our season.

He clearly has the clubs best interests at heart and by his own admission, the board heap too much pressure on our then current manager Chris Hughton to do everything. Or at least that''s what it appeared to be saying to me.

Looks like the club will be doing a little restructuring behind the scenes to take some of the pressure away from the manager which I feel can only benefit the new guy whoever it should be.

Also good to know that every player has a relegation clause in their contract with regards to their wages & not a transfer fee!

Lets see which path the club takes now.

OTBC

I''m glad he didn''t fall on his sword. it would have been easy for him to do so. Shows guts and a lot of credibility to admit his mistakes.

I''m happy he''s outlined some of the forthcoming plans re the manager, squad and restructuring.

He hasn''t tried to hide away, he''s fessed up (unlike some of them!) so lets all start anew with a clean sheet.

To be honest some did see failings in Hughton before this season but credit to Hughton who, lead us to 11th, had a 10 game unbeaten run and kept us out of the bottom 3 in his time appart from 3 weeks! So I too think he deservd the right to go into this terrible season.

I will say that the remark about getting the summer signing so wrong is where my biggest issue with Hughton is, he had a system he playes so why the hell did he spend most of his budget on players who did not fit his system? Hughton like to defened deep and have a lone striker to hold up the ball, he breough Woods in on loan at Brum. Why the hell dd he by Hooper and RVW when he must of knew they would not flurish in his style!

Anyhow, past is the past and we need to look forward.....for me MacNally is the best thing for this club, he will with the board make the right choice as manager and it will probably be Malky with Adams in the mix in the first team set up.

For those with daft ambitions of big names, we are not that attractive and don''t have the huge budgets of other teams, so the pool of managers is not as big as some would like to think and I''m not sure with Malky''s management history he would even want the City job?

[quote user="morty"]There hasn''t been a point where he hasn''t had my vote.As for "messed up big time" after having chatted to him I am happy that he made the decisions he did, always, in the best interests of the football club, as he points out, its easy with hindsight. But unfortunately his position means he has to carry the can.[/quote]

Agree totally, If we are to regain promotion McNally is the key man and must be given the backing from everyone

He gets my vote. He is an intelligent man who loves our club, and clearly feels something of what we all feel at the moment.

I he is right that we didn''t sign the players we needed last summer, compounded by the fact that Hughton seemed to be a competent Premiership manager from the few slightly fluky results at the end of last season, all we lay at his feet is the delay in sacking Hughton.

We should have lashed out in January, but we didn''t, and we probably should have sacked Hughton at the end of 2013. To what extent he is implicated in all this we may never know, and ditto the Board to who he answers.

Against all this he brought Lambert in and drew up a plan which we exceeded, and he negotiated some apparently very good transfer deals.

In my opinion if he is guilty, then we should forgive him. If he left, we would struggle to find someone better.