Sign in to follow this  
#

Don't give POT'`s to Snoddy!

Incidentally earlier in this thread I wrote of Snoddy - On the credit side he shows he has the right attitude and passion and always works hard. I wish other more effective players had those same qualities.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Nutty - in direct response to your post.

I agree, arguing about people''s opinions is pointless.

I agree that Snoddy uses both feet and that he crosses from the right with his right foot, He also crosses from the left with his right foot but it is my honest belief that his preferred foot is his left and that he crosses from the right with his left more often than he crosses with his right. It is also my belief that the vast majority of footballers have a preferred foot. I have never, that I can remember, made a big point about this.

I have mentioned the ratings which, I hope you would agree, are based upon the opinions of the compilers.

I have never stated, or even thought, that Snoddy was "thoroughly unpleasant, arrogant and a disruptive individual." That is somebody else''s opinion, not mine.

I hope I have covered everything.

My only issues with Snodgrass are football based in as far as I do not like his style of play. I think I have made it clear that I did not like the two inverted winger system that Chris Hughton employed. One perhaps, but that one needed to be fast, tricky, able to run at defences and able to provide good service for others.

We had an inverted winger who was very effective a few years ago.[/quote]

Exactly! Thank you buddy. But just because you didn''t say those things doesn''t mean they weren''t said. In fact the only reference I made to you was to state we had different opinions each as valid as the other.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Arguing about peoples opinions is pointless. Yellow wall doesn''t rate him and he''s entitled to have that opinion which is as valid as mine or anyone elses. But those I take issue with are the mischief makers and liars. Snoddy crosses from the right wing with his right foot. I see it with my own eyes. And in order to make that point I linked to a video where everyone else can see it. By watching that video anyone else can see that he''s two footed. If you look at the table I provided from whoscored.com you can see that he''s rated by them as our best player by those ratings over the WHOLE season. Of course their ratings aren''t the bible but if he''d been pants for over half the season he wouldn''t be top. And finally as for Andyc24''s opinion that he''s a thoroughly unpleasant, arrogant and disruptive individual, well all I can say is the guy must have issues. If you meet Snoddy he''s a terrific advert for our club. Anyone who watched him with the kids during the recent open day would surely dispute that particular claim.

Different opinions are great for debate but for goodness sake try and keep it real.

[/quote]

Would you happen to be Robert Snodgrass by any chance? You taint him as though he''s Lionel Messi.

The stats you put up are hardly worth reading. Elliot Bennett a close second after 1 appearance! Olsson ranked 9th and Ruddy 14th, give me a break.

A player can be rated top after having a decent half season because it shows how poor overall the squad has done this season.

Snodgrass only picked his game up since February so he could possibly attract interest from elsewhere!

It''s funny how people are now agreeing with you about Snodgrass having a right foot because they now remember seeing him cross with it against Utd. Upon this I refer you and others to my last post.

Then again me and Matt must be wrong because you did upload a video and all!

See LHarman, the problem with living in Australia is you miss a few things. However:

"A player can be rated top after having a decent half season because it shows how poor overall the squad has done this season. "

So, that would still be admitting he''s been the best out of our entire squad. Yet you criticise him the most. Odd, really, do you not think?

There is no doubt that Snoddy uses his right foot sometimes - but it is usually when has no other alternative.   Positive right wing play would have him pumping that ball in from the right, first time, not fannying around with it every time, trying to get it on his left foot first.   WBA were terrific at that last week against West Ham.  Every time they got anywhere near the West Ham end they pumped in hard and fast crosses.   Our wingers simply don''t do that or they don''t mix it up enough.  Sometimes simple play is the best. 

I think Snoddy has improved and does try to use his right foot more often than he used to, but it is still a weaker option.  Imo, he still has a long way to go to be a top, top player.   I don''t think he deserves POTS eithter, Ollson has been for me our most consistent performer - and also has played most of the second half of the season with a shoulder injury that will need surgery.  Wins it by a mile for me.

[quote user="hogesar"]See LHarman, the problem with living in Australia is you miss a few things. However:

"A player can be rated top after having a decent half season because it shows how poor overall the squad has done this season. "

So, that would still be admitting he''s been the best out of our entire squad. Yet you criticise him the most. Odd, really, do you not think?[/quote]

Would you care to freshen me up on the things I''ve missed then?

He has not had a consistent season. He only started to pull his finger out since February!

[quote user="lake district canary"]There is no doubt that Snoddy uses his right foot sometimes - but it is usually when has no other alternative.   Positive right wing play would have him pumping that ball in from the right, first time, not fannying around with it every time, trying to get it on his left foot first.   WBA were terrific at that last week against West Ham.  Every time they got anywhere near the West Ham end they pumped in hard and fast crosses.   Our wingers simply don''t do that or they don''t mix it up enough.  Sometimes simple play is the best. 

I think Snoddy has improved and does try to use his right foot more often than he used to, but it is still a weaker option.  Imo, he still has a long way to go to be a top, top player.   I don''t think he deserves POTS eithter, Ollson has been for me our most consistent performer - and also has played most of the second half of the season with a shoulder injury that will need surgery.  Wins it by a mile for me.

[/quote]

I completely agree with this Lakey. And there''s a first!

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="lake district canary"]There is no doubt that Snoddy uses his right foot sometimes - but it is usually when has no other alternative.   Positive right wing play would have him pumping that ball in from the right, first time, not fannying around with it every time, trying to get it on his left foot first.   WBA were terrific at that last week against West Ham.  Every time they got anywhere near the West Ham end they pumped in hard and fast crosses.   Our wingers simply don''t do that or they don''t mix it up enough.  Sometimes simple play is the best. 

[/quote]

I completely agree with this Lakey. And there''s a first![/quote]

[:)]

LHarman - you''re still missing the point pal.

You''ve basically admitted he''s our best player by claiming he can be rated the top of our squad because it shows how poor the squad is.

So if the squad is poor, and Snodgrass is top of that squad...at the very least he''s the best of a bad bunch? Which would still put him at top of POTS contention.

As for LDC - absolutely bizarre. So we play a left footed winger on the right and you think he should predominantly use his weaker foot? OF course it''s weaker, it''s not his natural foot FFS!

If Snodgrass had played on the left all season and not got quality first-time balls into the box i''d understand but he''s clearly put on the right EXACTLY to mix it up - cut inside and curl one in with his left or go on the outside and cut a ball across from the byline.

You were one of Hughtons biggest supporters yet you clearly didn''t have a single fucking clue what he was trying to achieve with his tactics! Hilarious!

Snodgrass or Olsson deserve the award this year in my opinion. This whole voting Nash thing is ridiculous.

It wouldn''t be the worst thing if Snodgrass did leave in the summer. Of course i''d prefer him to stay, but his passion and effort shows he''s done all he can. Cash in and let him progress elsewhere if that''s what he wants. Celtic isn''t just any club, it''s his boyhood club.

Next season is going to be a transitional one for the squad. If the likes of E.Bennett, Pilkington and Redmond stay, combine them with the Murphy twins and we have some great wingers at our disposal next year.

[quote user="hogesar"]LHarman - you''re still missing the point pal.

You''ve basically admitted he''s our best player by claiming he can be rated the top of our squad because it shows how poor the squad is.

So if the squad is poor, and Snodgrass is top of that squad...at the very least he''s the best of a bad bunch? Which would still put him at top of POTS contention.

As for LDC - absolutely bizarre. So we play a left footed winger on the right and you think he should predominantly use his weaker foot? OF course it''s weaker, it''s not his natural foot FFS!

If Snodgrass had played on the left all season and not got quality first-time balls into the box i''d understand but he''s clearly put on the right EXACTLY to mix it up - cut inside and curl one in with his left or go on the outside and cut a ball across from the byline.

You were one of Hughtons biggest supporters yet you clearly didn''t have a single fucking clue what he was trying to achieve with his tactics! Hilarious![/quote]

First things first, I''m not you''re "pal"!

Secondly, Snodgrass has not had a consistently good enough a season to win POTS. I actually believe he will though because people have very short memories!

Thirdly, it''s my opinion and I''m entitled to it so go cry somewhere else!

Also, you haven''t replied to my last request of educating me on the things I''ve missed seeing as though I live in Australia! Or did you think you could "get one over me" by telling everyone on this forum that?

[quote user="hogesar"]LDC - absolutely bizarre. So we play a left footed winger on the right and you think he should predominantly use his weaker foot? OF course it''s weaker, it''s not his natural foot FFS!

You were one of Hughtons biggest supporters yet you clearly didn''t have a single fucking clue what he was trying to achieve with his tactics! Hilarious![/quote]

Read my post again - try to understand it - and then reply without swearing and acting like a know it all.   I said exactly what you are saying.  He is there to mix it up - but doesn''t do it enough or effectively enough imo.  There is no doubt that Snoddy uses his right foot sometimes - but it is

usually when has no other alternative.   Positive right wing play would

have him pumping that ball in from the right, first time, not fannying

around with it every time, trying to get it on his left foot first.  

WBA were terrific at that last week against West Ham.  Every time they

got anywhere near the West Ham end they pumped in hard and fast

crosses.   Our wingers simply don''t do that or they don''t mix it up

enough
Comprendez? 

So what! Our best player wants to stay in top flight football!

Wake up and smell the coffee, this is 2014. Why would he stay in the Championship.

He gives his all whenever he plays, that is surely enough.

In any case, imo, as good as he is, his lack of pace, and general slow play really hinders the side given the majority of play goes through him.

Citizen Journalist Foghorn wrote the following post at 04/05/2014 12:50 PM:

So what! Our best player wants to stay in top flight football!

Wake up and smell the coffee, this is 2014. Why would he stay in the Championship.

He gives his all whenever he plays, that is surely enough.

In any case, imo, as good as he is, his lack of pace, and general slow play really hinders the side given the majority of play goes through him.

I have asked the same question in this thread without receiving an answer, perhaps you can answer it?

I fully agree he gives his all whenever he plays, but I do not think that is enough.

If, as you suggest, he lacks pace and his general slow play really hinders the side, who do you think will want him?

The choice of whether he plays in the Championship or not really might not be his choice.

I am still at a loss to really understand his role in a team.

I feel if he is going to leave us it will be ''back home'' to Celtic.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

If, as you suggest, he lacks pace and his general slow play really hinders the side, who do you think will want him?

The choice of whether he plays in the Championship or not really might not be his choice.

I am still at a loss to really understand his role in a team.[/quote]

He would do quite well in a side like Swansea. But I imagine he will have at least one or two premiership suiters given his good form for us, obvious ability and decent attitude.

Citizen Journalist Foghorn - the problem is they have Hernandez and Routledge playing wide as quick, conventional wingers in a 4 2 3 1 and I cannot see Snoddy displacing either of those.

The problem again is what role will he/does he fill.

I note that Gordon Strachan plays him centrally for Scotland, perhaps that''s a possibility but I cannot see a Premiership team acquiring him for that position without actually seeing him play there.

As I have have said earlier in the thread ...... time will tell.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Finger on the pulse again.

[/quote]

Oh he''s not going then?......................re-read my op chops.[:|]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Finger on the pulse again.[/quote]

[/quote]Not sure why you''re calling me "chops" but, old son, seeing as you''re about I''d welcome your thoughts on the "convicted thug Martin"...

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Finger on the pulse again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure why you''re calling me "chops" but, old son, seeing as you''re about I''d welcome your thoughts on the "convicted thug Martin"...

[/quote]

As would I with.............Oh he''s not going then?..[:|]

So your point was "don''t give POTS to Snodgrass because he might leave", and nobody listened to you.He could leave, he could not.  Hasn''t happened yet, but if he goes he goes with my best wishes for a good honest shift put in.Now, about the "convicted thug Martin" you want back.....

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]So your point was "don''t give POTS to Snodgrass because he might leave", and nobody listened to you.

He could leave, he could not.  Hasn''t happened yet, but if he goes he goes with my best wishes for a good honest shift put in.

Now, about the "convicted thug Martin" you want back.....

[/quote]

You won''t get an answer from me Bore.......I call the tune, you''re just a boring bore.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]So your point was "don''t give POTS to Snodgrass because he might leave", and nobody listened to you.He could leave, he could not.  Hasn''t happened yet, but if he goes he goes with my best wishes for a good honest shift put in.Now, about the "convicted thug Martin" you want back.....[/quote]

You won''t get an answer from me Bore.......I call the tune, you''re just a boring bore.

[/quote]

Oh that hurts.

Snoddy deserved POTS and the order of the top 3 was exactly how I said it would be.

At least it shows the majority of NCFC fans do recognise a good player, even if stream-watchers aka LDC and lHarman and co don''t seem to..

[quote user="hogesar"]Snoddy deserved POTS and the order of the top 3 was exactly how I said it would be.

At least it shows the majority of NCFC fans do recognise a good player, even if stream-watchers aka LDC and lHarman and co don''t seem to..[/quote]I predicted it correctly too.Seemed obvious frankly.

Yes Morty, I think we''ve been in agreement on POTS since the first thread on it a couple months back.

It makes me feel a little better in the knowledge that those who consistently slate Snodgrass are in a very, very small minority.

On an unrelated note, how happy are you to see this season end?!

New manager in a week, world cup in a month, then hopefully a much more exciting season to look forward to!

Little-Norwich mentality maybe, but i''m done being bored shitless and not expecting anything from a single away game. And that''s not a Hughton slate, more of a Premier League one. Maybe it''ll be good for us to take a season out - before we turned into one of those `Leeds` types that believe they''re a damn sight better than they are..

[quote user="hogesar"]Yes Morty, I think we''ve been in agreement on POTS since the first thread on it a couple months back.

It makes me feel a little better in the knowledge that those who consistently slate Snodgrass are in a very, very small minority.

On an unrelated note, how happy are you to see this season end?!

New manager in a week, world cup in a month, then hopefully a much more exciting season to look forward to!

Little-Norwich mentality maybe, but i''m done being bored shitless and not expecting anything from a single away game. And that''s not a Hughton slate, more of a Premier League one. Maybe it''ll be good for us to take a season out - before we turned into one of those `Leeds` types that believe they''re a damn sight better than they are..[/quote]Thankfully, once again, it has been proven that the "consensus" on this forum doesn''t reflect the majority of fans opinions!I hate the Premier league and everything it stands for, and am glad to see the back of it for now. Being in a league you have no chance of ever winning, and your only true goal is being better than three other teams, is depressing.I am utterly gutted right now though, I have to say.But, yes, lots of positives for next season, I''ll feel a lot better once we get this manager thing sorted, which will be a good measure of just how serious we are about next season.

Hogesar

Little-Norwich mentality maybe, but i''m done being bored shitless and not expecting anything from a single away game. And that''s not a Hughton slate, more of a Premier League one. Maybe it''ll be good for us to take a season out - before we turned into one of those `Leeds` types that believe they''re a damn sight better than they are..

The away game reference is a Hughton slate hogesar

No, voting for Snodgrass as POTS shows that most Norwich fans have very short memories.

This is a player who was total garbage for the first half of the season (no assists and 1 goal) and has only really turned up since January.

Norwich supporters are always too quick to praise hard work and commitment rather than judge on ability and impact.

8 out of 10 of his final balls are hopeless.

If we can seriously get £5m for him from anyone I will be absolutely over the moon. He is up there with David Marshall in the loyalty stakes.