Sign in to follow this  
#

Don't give POT'`s to Snoddy!

Pilks is the only genuinely two footed player that we have in my mind.  Considering how many times Snodgrass ends up on the floor, I can''t even say his right foot is only for standing on.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Pilks is the only genuinely two footed player that we have in my mind.  Considering how many times Snodgrass ends up on the floor, I can''t even say his right foot is only for standing on.[/quote]However, when the money comes in for the transfer there will be no doubt who is the highest rated player. I discount Ruddy because keepers are in a different category.You might not like it but Snoddy is the only current NCFC player who is likely to command a starting position in a Premier League side. Snoddy will be a highly salable asset, the rest, not so much.You might have been fan of the year, Mr Juler, but when it comes to picking POTS you are way, way off the beam.

[quote user="ricardo"]You might have been fan of the year, Mr Juler, but when it comes to picking POTS you are way, way off the beam.[/quote]Remind me what the "S" stands for in POTS?  Whilst Snoddy has put in some rather average performances recently, his displays in the first half of the season were atrocious and it was only Hughton''s blind faith that kept him in the team.

[quote user="My name is Robert Brompton"]I now realise that Matt Juler being fan of the year was a kind of Carlo Nash ironical selection - quite funny but deeply insulting to other fans.

Robert Brompton[/quote]Ha[:D]

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="ricardo"]You might have been fan of the year, Mr Juler, but when it comes to picking POTS you are way, way off the beam.[/quote]Remind me what the "S" stands for in POTS?  Whilst Snoddy has put in some rather average performances recently, his displays in the first half of the season were atrocious and it was only Hughton''s blind faith that kept him in the team.[/quote]

Matt, only the small minded can remember back only 3 months! They forget very easily.

The latter is a certainty, unless you might be a blind person that suffers mental delusions regularly.

[quote user="My name is Robert Brompton"]Oh excellent - another thread of pant wetting, lily livered, spleen venting for those who aren''t up for a sporting fight. I sometimes wonder how this forum came to have more trolls than reasonable contributors. Last time I looked it was possible that we would not be relegated and possible that we could be. I will continue to support the team to try and ensure the former and not give up unless the latter becomes a reality.

Robert Brompton[/quote]

Was replying to this.

[quote user="My name is Robert Brompton"]I now realise that Matt Juler being fan of the year was a kind of Carlo Nash ironical selection - quite funny but deeply insulting to other fans.

Robert Brompton[/quote]

Not nearly as embarrassing as you, I mean if you ever had a remote chance of it...

[quote

user="lharman7"]

Matt, only the small minded can

remember back only 3 months! They forget very easily.[/quote]

You and Matt think your something

else don''t you. Well guess what buddy... I agree with you.

Norwich Squad

RNamePosAgecmkgAppsGoalAYelRedSpGPS%AWMoMRt
1Robert SnodgrassAM(LR)261828227(1)626-2.475.52.327.18
2Elliott BennettM(R)25175691----168--7.15
3Ryan BennettD(C)241887012(2)1-4-0.476.34.116.92
4Joseph YoboD(C)33188768----0.381.31.5-6.91
5Michael TurnerD(C)301938420--6-0.182.12.7-6.89
6Leroy FerM(C)241887928(1)31511.483.61.626.88
7Nathan RedmondAM(LR)201736922(10)132-1.978.2-26.86
8Sebastien BassongD(C)271877327--1-0.783.12.516.74
9Martin OlssonD(L),M(L)251708131(1)-11-0.373.31.316.73
10Jonás GutiérrezM(CLR)30183732(2)----0.570.80.5-6.71
11Steven WhittakerD(LR)291858715(4)113-0.573.41.516.71
12Alexander TetteyDM(C)281806815(4)1-7-0.787.71.616.7
13Bradley JohnsonDM(C)271786826(4)31611.374.71.416.64
14John RuddyGK271939736--2--38.90.216.64
15Jonny HowsonM(C)251807721(4)2-3-0.984.60.3-6.53
16Javier GarridoD(L)29178756--2--79.30.2-6.49
17Wes HoolahanAM(CL)311687110(6)111-1.178.70.1-6.49
18Russell MartinD(CR)281837427(2)--2-0.577.31.1-6.48
19Johan ElmanderAM(CR),FW321888414(13)143-0.968.61.7-6.45
20Gary HooperFW261757122(9)62--1.484.90.2-6.39
21Anthony PilkingtonM(LR)251807610(5)112-1.1780.8-6.31
22Ricky van WolfswinkelFW251857016(9)111-1.379.30.6-6.19
23Luciano BecchioFW30187860(5)----0.2650.6-6.13
24Josh MurphyM19173670(9)--1-0.679.4--6.03
25Carlo NashGK4019689----------
26David FoxDM(C)3017577----------
27Jacob ButterfieldM(C)2318077----------
28Mark BunnGK2918377----------

*Players shaded are players who are not currently

active in team. (Loaned, sold, etc..)

As has been said, the main criteria to see what a player is worth is the money other clubs will be prepared to pay to get his services.

I honestly cannot see many, if any, Premiership clubs being interested in Snodgrass.

The main reason for my thoughts is that I do not see a role that he plays. He is not a very good ''winger'' in the Lennon, Townsend, Routledge, Lallana, Sterling mould because he seriously lacks pace. He is not a good wide midfielder as his delivery most of the time is delivered with the ''wrong'' foot to the heart of the opposition defence (I take your point about a right foot Nutty as I saw him use it last match ..... when he was on the left wing!). His deliveries are rarely dangerously behind a defence. He works hard, but not as hard as Milner, Barry, and quite a few others.

What role does he play? He flatters to deceive.

Please enlighten me, which Premiership clubs do you think might be interested in him, certainly none from the top half of the table.

If he moves, and I think he will, it will be to Celtic.

But time will tell.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]As has been said, the main criteria to see what a player is worth is the money other clubs will be prepared to pay to get his services.

I honestly cannot see many, if any, Premiership clubs being interested in Snodgrass.

The main reason for my thoughts is that I do not see a role that he plays. He is not a very good ''winger'' in the Lennon, Townsend, Routledge, Lallana, Sterling mould because he seriously lacks pace. He is not a good wide midfielder as his delivery most of the time is delivered with the ''wrong'' foot to the heart of the opposition defence (I take your point about a right foot Nutty as I saw him use it last match ..... when he was on the left wing!). His deliveries are rarely dangerously behind a defence. He works hard, but not as hard as Milner, Barry, and quite a few others.

What role does he play? He flatters to deceive.

Please enlighten me, which Premiership clubs do you think might be interested in him, certainly none from the top half of the table.

If he moves, and I think he will, it will be to Celtic.

But time will tell.[/quote]We don''t have any outfield player who would be attractive to a top half team but I suggest Snoddy would be a very handy addition to any of the other teams.The light will dawn when the transfer window opens. Snoddy is our most salable asset and it won''t be just Celtic who come in with a bid.Can you see any other outfield player being in demand and being a starter?

I''ve avoided this thread for obvious reasons, but I guess i''ll give it a go.

The thing about threads like this re Snodgrass is it really highlights how much opinions differ. The thing is, what you may have been told throughout life is incorrect - opinions can be wrong. And some of the views towards Snodgrass on here demonstrates just how little some know about football. Even the basics. It''s astonishing.

So, Nuttys provided stats which suggest he''s our best player. They''re entirely correct but I don''t need them.

Let''s look at numero 1.

Why are we discussing Snodgrass leaving?

That is because, other people are interested in him. Celtic, and Newcastle that we know off. There''s therefore probably a few more we don''t know about. But even just taking them two - a Champions League side and a Top half premiership team.

But it''s only fair to use that if we compare what other players of ours seem to be the result of transfer gossip. Oh, is that none? Yup. Cause Snodgrass has been our best player this season.

Now this one-footed malarky is an odd one. To say he can''t cross with either foot is massively incorrect. Week in week out i see him cut inside, bend one in with his left then i see him go on the outside of his full back the next and cross with his right.

Pretty much everyone has admitted our strikers have been shocking. Part of that is their lack of movement or certainly understanding. Why that is is irrelevant the point is it''s very hard for a winger to pick out RVW when he either hasn''t got into the box yet or is marked by 3 players bigger and stronger than he is. The defender wins the header and people moan at Snodgrass?

I won''t mention his recent goals or assists because people seem to think he was the worst player on the planet before January.

The reality is he missed a penalty and a load of you made up a view on him then and stuck with it regardless. He was no poorer than anybody else in the first half of the season and now he''s been the best in the second half.

POTS is a knock up between him and Olsson and whilst i would not bemoan our trusty left-back winning it - I think Snoddy just about deserves it on balance.

Arguing about peoples opinions is pointless. Yellow wall doesn''t rate him and he''s entitled to have that opinion which is as valid as mine or anyone elses. But those I take issue with are the mischief makers and liars. Snoddy crosses from the right wing with his right foot. I see it with my own eyes. And in order to make that point I linked to a video where everyone else can see it. By watching that video anyone else can see that he''s two footed. If you look at the table I provided from whoscored.com you can see that he''s rated by them as our best player by those ratings over the WHOLE season. Of course their ratings aren''t the bible but if he''d been pants for over half the season he wouldn''t be top. And finally as for Andyc24''s opinion that he''s a thoroughly unpleasant, arrogant and disruptive individual, well all I can say is the guy must have issues. If you meet Snoddy he''s a terrific advert for our club. Anyone who watched him with the kids during the recent open day would surely dispute that particular claim.

Different opinions are great for debate but for goodness sake try and keep it real.

ricardo wrote the following post at 02/05/2014 7:18 PM:

Yellow Wall wrote:

As has been said, the main criteria to see what a player is worth is the money other clubs will be prepared to pay to get his services. I honestly cannot see many, if any, Premiership clubs being interested in Snodgrass. The main reason for my thoughts is that I do not see a role that he plays. He is not a very good ''winger'' in the Lennon, Townsend, Routledge, Lallana, Sterling mould because he seriously lacks pace. He is not a good wide midfielder as his delivery most of the time is delivered with the ''wrong'' foot to the heart of the opposition defence (I take your point about a right foot Nutty as I saw him use it last match ..... when he was on the left wing!). His deliveries are rarely dangerously behind a defence. He works hard, but not as hard as Milner, Barry, and quite a few others. What role does he play? He flatters to deceive. Please enlighten me, which Premiership clubs do you think might be interested in him, certainly none from the top half of the table. If he moves, and I think he will, it will be to Celtic. But time will tell.

We don''t have any outfield player who would be attractive to a top half team but I suggest Snoddy would be a very handy addition to any of the other teams.

The light will dawn when the transfer window opens. Snoddy is our most salable asset and it won''t be just Celtic who come in with a bid.

Can you see any other outfield player being in demand and being a starter?

That is the problem Ricardo there are very few. I suppose the only one I would mention is Fer. He has shown that he has talent and has shown that he can play the game. Probably not often enough though but he does show potential. I believe he could be a very good player if used correctly, in the right team. Let''s face it, we only got him as ''cheaply'' as we did because Everton thought he had a dodgy knee!

The problem I have is the question that you have avoided.

What role does Snodgrass play?

He is a jack-of-all-trades, quite good at doing many things but outstanding at very few when compared to the personnel of other teams. For that reason I do not think he will attract much interest.

From a personal point of view I hope he does and that we get a good fee for him because his method of ''attack'' is not something I like and I would far prefer to see a conventional, fast, tricky winger instead.

Nutty, I appreciate and accept that your opinion and that of Hoggy is different to mine and respect your views but to write ''The least each of us can do is be honest about what we see'' is strange.

I have based my opinion on what I have seen.

Perhaps, as always with football, we see it different ways!

Now I thought I''d qualified that already yellow wall. But just to re-iterate in case it wasn''t clear your opinion cannot be wrong. It''s as valid as mine. However, people who make up stuff to support an opinion is being dishonest. Do you not agree?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"] For that reason I do not think he will attract much interest. [/quote]

Apart from Ruddy it would seem that he is the ONLY one attracting ANY interest.Whilst that fact might not change your mind on how good you think he is, it should enlighten you as to what other knowledgeable people in the game are thinking.

I agree Nutty, all opinions are just that, opinions, and that is why so many people have such an interest in the game.

However, if people make up stuff, stating it as fact, that is wrong.

Unfortunately most of the game is about opinion. The only certain facts are league tables, scores, scorers, disciplinary cards and time. Most, if not all the rest, depend upon some degree of opinion.

ricardo wrote the following post at 02/05/2014 8:06 PM:

Yellow Wall wrote:

For that reason I do not think he will attract much interest.

Apart from Ruddy it would seem that he is the ONLY one attracting ANY interest.

Whilst that fact might not change your mind on how good you think he is, it should enlighten you as to what other knowledgeable people in the game are thinking.

Ricardo, you are assuming there is substance in the rumours. I can believe interest and involvement from Celtic because of his history.

Other interest may or may not be merely ''paper talk''.

I am happy to wait and see, it will all be sorted in the next month or two and then we will both know.

Incidentally, how would you describe his role?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I agree Nutty, all opinions are just that, opinions, and that is why so many people have such an interest in the game.

However, if people make up stuff, stating it as fact, that is wrong.

Unfortunately most of the game is about opinion. The only certain facts are league tables, scores, scorers, disciplinary cards and time. Most, if not all the rest, depend upon some degree of opinion.[/quote]

Agreed. And the things I listed were facts. I even put up a video.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 02/05/2014 8:33 PM:

Yellow Wall wrote:

I agree Nutty, all opinions are just that, opinions, and that is why so many people have such an interest in the game. However, if people make up stuff, stating it as fact, that is wrong. Unfortunately most of the game is about opinion. The only certain facts are league tables, scores, scorers, disciplinary cards and time. Most, if not all the rest, depend upon some degree of opinion.

No Nutty, the things you listed were facts in the eyes of the compiler. A good guide but not facts.

As you said " Of course their ratings aren''t the bible."

How on earth can anyone give any credibility to a list of stats that reckons Ricky Van is better than Becchio?Becchio should be at least fifth in that there list.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 02/05/2014 8:33 PM:

Yellow Wall wrote:

I agree Nutty, all opinions are just that, opinions, and that is why so many people have such an interest in the game. However, if people make up stuff, stating it as fact, that is wrong. Unfortunately most of the game is about opinion. The only certain facts are league tables, scores, scorers, disciplinary cards and time. Most, if not all the rest, depend upon some degree of opinion.

No Nutty, the things you listed were facts in the eyes of the compiler. A good guide but not facts.

As you said " Of course their ratings aren''t the bible."[/quote]

No yellow wall, I didn''t say the ratings were facts. I even went as far as to say they weren''t. Would you please be honest enough to read my posts and respond to what I put.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Arguing about peoples opinions is pointless. Yellow wall doesn''t rate him and he''s entitled to have that opinion which is as valid as mine or anyone elses. But those I take issue with are the mischief makers and liars. Snoddy crosses from the right wing with his right foot. I see it with my own eyes. And in order to make that point I linked to a video where everyone else can see it. By watching that video anyone else can see that he''s two footed. If you look at the table I provided from whoscored.com you can see that he''s rated by them as our best player by those ratings over the WHOLE season. Of course their ratings aren''t the bible but if he''d been pants for over half the season he wouldn''t be top. And finally as for Andyc24''s opinion that he''s a thoroughly unpleasant, arrogant and disruptive individual, well all I can say is the guy must have issues. If you meet Snoddy he''s a terrific advert for our club. Anyone who watched him with the kids during the recent open day would surely dispute that particular claim.

Different opinions are great for debate but for goodness sake try and keep it real.

[/quote]

Nutty - in direct response to your post.

I agree, arguing about people''s opinions is pointless.

I agree that Snoddy uses both feet and that he crosses from the right with his right foot, He also crosses from the left with his right foot but it is my honest belief that his preferred foot is his left and that he crosses from the right with his left more often than he crosses with his right. It is also my belief that the vast majority of footballers have a preferred foot. I have never, that I can remember, made a big point about this.

I have mentioned the ratings which, I hope you would agree, are based upon the opinions of the compilers.

I have never stated, or even thought, that Snoddy was "thoroughly unpleasant, arrogant and a disruptive individual." That is somebody else''s opinion, not mine.

I hope I have covered everything.

My only issues with Snodgrass are football based in as far as I do not like his style of play. I think I have made it clear that I did not like the two inverted winger system that Chris Hughton employed. One perhaps, but that one needed to be fast, tricky, able to run at defences and able to provide good service for others.

We had an inverted winger who was very effective a few years ago.