Sign in to follow this  
#

Don't give POT'`s to Snoddy!

Knob !

Martin Olsson has been superb, playing whilst injured, amazing goal-line clearances, always looks committed and like he cares, thats who should get the vote.

Olsson is POTS by some distance.

Snodgrass only started to give a toss about February and everyone else has been pants.

The notorious penalty incident aside, some of Snoddy''s antics put me off a bit. I can live with the constant bickering at the officials but draw the line when it is aimed at his own team-mates RVW has come in for a lot of stick from Snodgrass on occasions and I have felt that this may well have contributed to his loss of confidence. I''ll bet our Ricky won''t be sad to see the back of our Robert and perhaps a few others as well. There is nothing worse than squad disharmony.

Perversely, I would proffer Snodgrass as our POTS, but won''t be too upset to see the back of him, especially for a decent fee and profit.

Oh excellent - another thread of pant wetting, lily livered, spleen venting for those who aren''t up for a sporting fight. I sometimes wonder how this forum came to have more trolls than reasonable contributors. Last time I looked it was possible that we would not be relegated and possible that we could be. I will continue to support the team to try and ensure the former and not give up unless the latter becomes a reality.

Robert Brompton

That article is taking a quote out of context. He''s made it clear that he''s a Celtic fan buts want to play in the Premier League. Not one of our players would choose to play with us in the Championship if they were offered the chance to go to a Premier League club. Do you really think Olsson wants to hang around in the Championship with us?

I genuinely cannot believe I am reading some of this.

1. Criticism of his performance early doors is wide of the mark due to injury / fitness and Hughton''s methods.

2. He has scored our goals this season.

3. He genuinely cares about the club (look at his anguish at the end of matches).

4. He isn''t afraid to face the media and speak up.

5. A number of better clubs than us will be eager to sign him this summer.

6. He may well desire a move when our relegation is confirmed but what Prem / international players don''t? He only left Leeds because he is too good for the Championship. Why should he stay here? He has done far more than most to keep us up.

Criticism of Snodgrass only comes from general frustration with our relegation and taking it out on a coveted player who has given his all is nothing but churlish.

Voted for Snoddy a while back. Seemed like he was the only one to give a t0zz in a lot of games. Gives his all and clearly showed he cares.

The team looked more balanced when he was injured.

The only passion is for himself not for our club. 1st one to go!

Cantiaci Canary wrote the following post at 01/05/2014 11:56 AM:

I genuinely cannot believe I am reading some of this.

1. Criticism of his performance early doors is wide of the mark due to injury / fitness and Hughton''s methods.

2. He has scored our goals this season.

3. He genuinely cares about the club (look at his anguish at the end of matches).

4. He isn''t afraid to face the media and speak up.

5. A number of better clubs than us will be eager to sign him this summer.

6. He may well desire a move when our relegation is confirmed but what Prem / international players don''t? He only left Leeds because he is too good for the Championship. Why should he stay here? He has done far more than most to keep us up.

Criticism of Snodgrass only comes from general frustration with our relegation and taking it out on a coveted player who has given his all is nothing but churlish.

1. Everybody suffered due to Hughton''s methods and he was poor for the first half of the season. We should be voting for the Player of the Season, not half season.

2. Yes he has scored our goals this season .... by not providing opportunities for others.

3. Yes, I agree, he certainly shows passion and concern for the club, but that it not enough to be player of the season.

4. He it to be judged on his football, not his media work. Gascoigne was terrible when speaking to the media but he could play football.

5. I think you are very far from the mark. Who, other than Celtic, do you think would sign him and what role would he fill?

6. Yes he''s an international player ........... a Scottish international, who has less caps than Steven Whittaker.

On the credit side he shows he has the right attitude and passion and always works hard. I wish other more effective players had those same qualities.

Ruddy for me.

Not even his best season by some distance, but over the course of the season I think we''d have even less points without some of the key saves he has made.

I voted for Snodgrass and I he must have a good chance of winning the trophy. Just because there are a few vociferous contributors to this forum wont change the opinion of the majority.

Ruddy for me, followed by, in no particular order, Olsson, fer & snoddy

Olsson is the only player to have been consistently good throughout the season.

Ruddy second because he hasn''t made many mistakes.

Third place...pick the name from a hat.

As for Snodgrass, I''ve always been mystified by his popularity. He is not a bad player, but his limitations on the right should be there for all to see. No pace, no right foot, prevents Redmond and last season Bennett from playing there forcing them out of position, arrogant attitude, always falling over ...etc..

We all have our favourites and it''s frustrating when managers love a certain player who you either can''t stand or just find thoroughly average. This would now apply to Steven Whittaker, who Adams likes and I think is one of the worst full backs we''ve ever had.

Ruddy for me. He is the only one in the whole squad that isnt afraid to voice his opinion once in a while.He also seems like he really cares about the club, going on his recent comments about "how much he owes to NCFC" I''m not a great lover of GK''s being captains, but he should get it next season IMO [:)]

[quote user="booklet"]As for Snodgrass, I''ve always been mystified by his

popularity. He is not a bad player, but his limitations on the right should be

there for all to see. No pace, no right foot, prevents Redmond

and last season Bennett from playing there forcing them out of position,

arrogant attitude, always falling over ...etc.. We all have our favourites and

it''s frustrating when managers love a certain player who you either can''t stand

or just find thoroughly average. This would now apply to Steven Whittaker, who

Adams likes and I think is one of the worst full backs we''ve ever

had.[/quote]

It''s true that we all have favourites but this Snoddy no right foot thing that a few posters on here continually harp on about is blatantly made up. Snoddy is one of the most 2 footed players I''ve ever seen play for us in over 45 years. You peoiple who say he has no right foot either don''t go to games or detest the guy so much that you make it up. Take a look at the following video : -

Now this happens week in week out. Snoddy can go either inside or outside the fullback making him a defenders nightmare.

he always looks like he cuts in on his left to me nutty and always looks like he slows the attack down.. his crossing in open play from either foot isn''t great ,i don''t think that is made up i think i see it with my own eyes every week , and i like snoddy  if he did have more pace and 2 good feet he would be a top top player and wouldn''t have signed for the likes of us [:D]

Soory Sparto but that''s not right. He can play either flank and can cross from inside or outside on either flank. In our very last home game against Liverpool he crossed with both feet.

People see what they want to see or what they think they should. The stewardship of Hughton and subsequent performances under Adams are testament to that.

Snodgrass is the best player at the club. In fact, he is by such a distance that I can''t even think of a competitor for that title.

No doubt someone will suggest the bang average Olsson and he isn''t fit to lace the boots of Adam Drury. He doesn''t do a lot wrong but then he doesn''t do a lot full stop. :-)

Sparto. He is genuinely two footed. I can''t think of another player at the club as two footed as he is. So why do people say he has no right foot? I even linked to a video.

maybe i have been brainwashed by one footed snoddy propaganda on here then nutty ... and like i said i''m not anti snoddy by any means he gives his all and is a decent player but i think over a season  a lot of our attacks get ruined by him cutting inside

My name is Robert Brompton wrote the following post at 01/05/2014 11:46 AM:

Oh excellent - another thread of pant wetting, lily livered, spleen venting for those who aren''t up for a sporting fight. I sometimes wonder how this forum came to have more trolls than reasonable contributors. Last time I looked it was possible that we would not be relegated and possible that we could be. I will continue to support the team to try and ensure the former and not give up unless the latter becomes a reality.

Robert Brompton

Another fine post Robert. White flag waving and panty pads seem to be the order of the day around here.

Get behind the lads, we can still do this!!!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
[quote user="booklet"]As for Snodgrass, I''ve always been mystified by his

popularity. He is not a bad player, but his limitations on the right should be

there for all to see. No pace, no right foot, prevents Redmond

and last season Bennett from playing there forcing them out of position,

arrogant attitude, always falling over ...etc.. We all have our favourites and

it''s frustrating when managers love a certain player who you either can''t stand

or just find thoroughly average. This would now apply to Steven Whittaker, who

Adams likes and I think is one of the worst full backs we''ve ever

had.[/quote]

It''s true that we all have favourites but this Snoddy no right foot thing that a few posters on here continually harp on about is blatantly made up. Snoddy is one of the most 2 footed players I''ve ever seen play for us in over 45 years. You peoiple who say he has no right foot either don''t go to games or detest the guy so much that you make it up. Take a look at the following video : -

Now this happens week in week out. Snoddy can go either inside or outside the fullback making him a defenders nightmare.

[/quote]

Lol, yeah a defenders nightmare with no pace! I bet Evra, Baines, Clichy, Cissokho, Cole and Shaw all really quiver in there boots when coming up against Snodgrass!