Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Best Away Days for next season

Hello thought I''d join since I''ve been reading this so much. For my Sins I''m a Scot who somehow supports Norwich City FC(they ask me if I''m Rangers or Celtic and I get a good reaction when I tell them). I go to the odd game,but not for years so I thought next season I''ll go to a game or 2 so I''m just wondering what teams in the Championship are good away days. I was thinking Leeds maybe or Preston and Peterbourgh if they get up. Also is it easy to get a ticket for home games?Hopefully Norwich come to Scotland for a per-season tour again. They played my hometown once and i got to walk to the game.

ClydeVNorwich City

But we lost 1 nil and I got to listen to my mate cheer on Clyde while we sat next to the Norwich players.As for my 2 cents on Hughton I basically can''t watch the team so I just follow the results and read reports so it seemed as far back as last season for me when we were doomed. The results just didnt happen and he seemed to think they were doing good enough so i knew if we played like last season we would go down and we did.

One of the positives of relegation is the away games we get next season. Take your pick!Peterborough is always a great day out, and the standing makes for a brilliant atmosphere, if it''s full. Forest, Wednesday and Leeds are always good days. Weekends away in Blackpool and Brighton, if the fixture list is kind. Derby and Wigan have plenty of great pubs, if they don''t go up, which always helps make a good day.Personally i''ll be avoiding Blackburn, Boro, Cardiff and Wolves, but that''s about it.

Middlesborough is alway a fun away trip. Very good humored fans, not stuck up like Newcastle or Leeds.

Agree with that, Surfer. It''s just that we''re always absolutely useless whenever i head up there. I''ve learned my lesson over the years!

Peterborough have demolished their away terrace since we went in the Cup, so it''s all-seater there now. However Brentford''s away end is a terrace on the lower tier, as those who went in League One will remember. Brighton''s new stadium is very impressive and well worth a trip for those who haven''t been yet.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]For you it could be Birminghan City, Cheap flights,

and its always good to rub the Blue Noses in the mire.[/quote]I''ll look at flights i guess, but i usually have the errrrr  - pleasure of  National Express as it Zig zags across the UK instead of straight lines. Thinking train this time as its quick and comfortable. I have been to Birmingham before but think I''ll give them a miss as I seem to remember any games with them we lost(Scum). I reckon at the end of the day I''ll have a couple of choice ones, but it depends on when in the year they are.So many grounds have terraces left for away fans and do they get opened?