Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Your choice for manager

If he would take the job then it has to be Colin. Try to forget that he had a little pop at Holty, that''s what he does. An unpleasant little man who is exactly what we need.

He will take no shit and knows how to get out of the Championship.

[quote user="Walt"]If he would take the job then it has to be Colin. Try to forget that he had a little pop at Holty, that''s what he does. An unpleasant little man who is exactly what we need. He will take no shit and knows how to get out of the Championship.[/quote]

He''s too risky for ruddy Delia.........it''ll be safe and nice Neil.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Walt"]If he would take the job then it has to be Colin. Try to forget that he had a little pop at Holty, that''s what he does. An unpleasant little man who is exactly what we need. He will take no shit and knows how to get out of the Championship.[/quote]

[/quote]

Adams!

I wanted Adams to be given a crack but unfortunately he has done enough.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]Nah, I spoke to Delia after the match.  Admittedly she''d had a couple, but she said, and I quote...[quote user="Delia"]

Adams will be the next Walker.

Thats how high I rate Neil.

For those doubters just remember he knows the squad inside out, he

doesn''t have to take City DVD''s on holiday with him before he starts

work, he starts today and he knows his tactics

backwards...............with a plan Z if its needed.

It''s going to be great.

[/quote]Can''t argue with that, can you?

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 11/05/2014 7:37 PM:

Can''t argue with that, can you?

--------------------------------------------------------

i enjoyed that

In this order;

1) Paul Lambert

2) Michael Laudrup

3) Steve Clarke

4) Glenn Hoddle

5) Malky Mackay / Neil Lennon

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Hannibal II"]So why is Malky not a viable option? He has won the Championship, is available, would love to manage here. Doesn''t take any BS has proved with Cardiff he can rebuild a squad. For me he is the stand out candidate for the job.

Its worth mentioning that sometimes unfenced managers click at a club. Mclarren at Derby, Bruce at Hull, Dyche at Burnley none of whom would be welcome to manager here my general concenses[/quote]
Because as many have pointed out, his tactics are very similar to the CH and if we are going to go down that route then you can forget entertainment. We should be striving for good attacking football, and scoring goals. His Cardiff team was assembled by throwing a lot of cash at it, as a Cardiff fan mentioned on this board earlier. Not to mention after having the dream team appointments of Gunn and Adams, I don''t think it would be a bad idea to try someone who wasn''t a former legend.
I''d have picked Rosler, but that is unrealistic now, as Wigan will either be a league above us or on level par. Eddie Howe is a good shout, but then there are other circumstances like Bor has mentioned that could dictate his coming here.
Warnock for me has the experience and wouldn''t have to throw tons of cash at building a team. I don''t think trying a manager without the necessary CV attributes at this time is a good idea.
[/quote]

How can you state Mackays tactics are like Hughtons when you and all these others on here have not watched any of the sides Mackay has managed apart from when they''ve played against Norwich?

Be your own man and make your own opinions based on what you know!

Mackays record speaks for itself!

[quote user="lharman7"]How can you state Mackays tactics are like Hughtons when you and all these others on here have not watched any of the sides Mackay has managed apart from when they''ve played against Norwich?

Be your own man and make your own opinions based on what you know!

Mackays record speaks for itself![/quote]
I do hope you are not assuming that my reference to the Cardiff fan is my sole source of evidence? Something you are unlikely to know about me, is that I do not just watch Norwich games, but as many games as I can. I have seen a lot of Cardiff, amongst many others as I pay close attention to the teams coming up each of the last seasons to see how they measure in comparison to us.
If you spend 50 million on players and then ask for more money in January it doesn''t bode well for having good recruitment judgement, and I have to say Medel alone was an extremely expensive poor signing. Like Hughton with RVW, we cannot afford mangers who make expensive mistakes and I believe there are better options out there for us. We need someone like Colin who will be looked at as ''the gaffer'' again, and not a mate.

Malky had to get in 20 players for Cardiff when he arrived they only had 5 players on the books. How can you assemble 20 players without it costing a fair few £ these days? The signings he made this season were good signings i would of rather we went for Caulker than Bassong or Yobo. He got sacked when they were outside of the bottom 3 and good old Ole done worse than Malky.

As for playing style most managers have to work that around the players that have at their disposal =. square pegs round holes and all that jazz.

Anyway given the time frame of within a week to appoint the new manager that pretty much confirms that it will be someone who is not currently employed as there will be no long negotiation on settlement fees. Malky, Clarke or the like will be where we are looking would love Moyes but its not a serious option is it

Look at the current managers winning promotion to the PL and they all have experience in the lower leagues. That''s what we need, not some ''big name'' failed PL manager.

I''d be moving hell and high water to get Francesco Guidolin here.Chances are that he''ll be leaving Udinese in the next month and it''s the perfect time for him to make the move to England and show what he can do in our leagues.If we''d still have been in the prem it would have been MUCH more likely to happen, whereas now I think we''d have to sell it on the overall attraction of the club and challenge rather than simply being in the top flight (along with good wages as well).He''s a manager that''s proved he''s highly adept at working under financial restraints, has got the very best out the players under him on numerous occasions, and isn''t as ''revolutionary'' as names like Bielsa which means a steady pair of hands for the board to entrust the club to.I find it incredibly difficult to get even vaguely enthusiastic about the current slew of names like Malky, Lennon, Warnock et al, and would rather we took a far different approach this time around.

Indy, you are a proper hipster you know that?

Well, I guess whatever happens in 8 months you''ll be able to say you wanted shoopa shoopadoop from shoopadoopadoop FC and you knew all along it''d work when no-one else did.

Just like when you said we should get Michael Owen in on a "pay as you play"(chortle)

*adjusts hipster glasses*

*gets on fixie bike and rides off*

I first suggested Guidolin TWO years ago before we even signed Hughton, I''ve advocated him throughout when suggestions were made about replacing Hughton, and yet now suddenly I''m expected to change my viewpoint???Maybe if someone HAD listened 2 years ago we wouldn''t have been in the mess we are now...Also, I simply don''t get the ''hipster'' comment, can I have plain English instead please???

Ha hahahahahahaha

That was amazing.

I''m going to explain what a hipster is because I don''t need to. The comment you just made is in the dictionary under "hipster"

"I suggested him TWO years ago"

"I was listening to them BEFORE the were famous TWO years ago" hahahahahahaha

Also, Michael Owen.

Hahahahaha

I still don''t have a bloody clue what you''re talking about Buh.The thread was about who our personal choice for manager would be, I''ve named the guy I''ve wanted in place for a long time now and suddenly that''s some sort of issue or some fashion related nonsense (seriously, WTF are you on about with this ''Hipster'' garbage)?What''s more, you then bring up a completely irrelevant point re my suggestion we sign Owen on a ''pay as you play'' deal (despite it being a complete no-lose scenario) a couple of a seasons ago.Maybe you should try to stop trolling the thread, or is it simply that because I don''t like your preferred candidtate in Lennon, you try to rubbish my opinion about an alternative choice for no good reason???

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Karl Robinson. [/quote]

Not sure about him. A year or two I''d have thought about it. But another season has passed and MKD are still in L1. They''ve finished quite far adrift of the play-offs and I wonder why nobody has taken a chance on a talent upcoming young manager - if he is that talented.

Malky for me.

I was reading some posts from years ago on here the other day... Warnock.... people have very short memories....

I despair at many of the suggestions on here.

This is probably the most important appointment we will have for a very long time.

We need to hit the ground running if we are to bounce back. I am sorry I don''t buy the negativity towards Malky its a no brainer (if he would come)

Neil Adams will be our manager in the future but it would be too big a risk at this time for both him and the club.

Please forget the serial chancers of Colin et al.

Rosler or Laudrup might be interesting but for me its got to be Malky

When Cardiff won the championship they were 3rd highest scorers with 72 goals ,

GD best +27 and 8 pts clear. Cup final as well !

[quote user="72season"]Malky has to be first choice city at heart and strong leader as shown when playing here[/quote]

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan blames former manager Malky Mackay for the club''s relegation from the Premier League.
Cardiff sacked Mackay last December with the club one point above the relegation zone.

Former Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was appointed his replacement but was unable to save the club from going down.

"Why wouldn''t you blame him (Mackay) for relegation? He took this club to the Championship," Tan says in an interview with Wales Online.
"If I had not invested, he couldn''t have (won promotion). Why didn''t he earn promotion with Watford?
He was their manager for two years, finishing 14th and then maybe 16th."[:''(]