Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Your choice for manager

Just to see peoples thoughts. I want a manager who will get players playing again, and push them!
Malky and Neil just aren''t viable options for me. I might get slated but mine would have to be Colin. He knows the division, knows how to get out of it, and I''m sure I saw somewhere he said how he''d love to manage us. Now his Prem record isn''t great, but once we get to the Prem there is no rule that says we have to stick with him.... Like players we could upgrade.

I''ve had enough of "nice" blokes like CH and NA.

PL won''t be coming back but I''d have someone who kicks them up the a/?e when they need it, but still commands their respect. Then they have to smooth operators in the transfer market too!

Goodness knows who? I expect Lennon and Malky are both miles better than this season

So why is Malky not a viable option? He has won the Championship, is available, would love to manage here. Doesn''t take any BS has proved with Cardiff he can rebuild a squad. For me he is the stand out candidate for the job.

Its worth mentioning that sometimes unfenced managers click at a club. Mclarren at Derby, Bruce at Hull, Dyche at Burnley none of whom would be welcome to manager here my general concenses

We''re in a lucky position to get most managers that we''d like, via just coming down from the prem and the money to get them. I don''t see the love for Lennon, he hasn''t done too great considering there''s been no Rangers for the past 2 years. I don''t think managers like Warnock, McCarthy and Holloway don''t have the fight for a promotion battle anymore.

[quote user="FCC"]Hoddle.[/quote]Please no-he''s been out of the game way too long, and if he had any passion, or was still half decent, he''d have been snapped up by nowSherwood would be great, but no experience of Championship (and little experience still of management)Malky knows how to do it at this level, and has a passion for this club.There are plenty of up and coming managers too

Uwe Rosler. 1st choice.

Stephen Pressley. Risky outside choice.

Marcelo Bielsa, Thomas Tuchel. Snowball in hells choice. But we can pretend[:D]

Malky Mackay. Sensible,but meh choice.

Colin Wan*er. I can see the logic, but rather we didn''t go down that route.

Mick McCarthy. Fuck off!!

[quote user="Herman "]

Uwe Rosler. 1st choice.

Stephen Pressley. Risky outside choice.

Marcelo Bielsa, Thomas Tuchel. Snowball in hells choice. But we can pretend[:D]

Malky Mackay. Sensible,but meh choice.

Colin Wan*er. I can see the logic, but rather we didn''t go down that route.

Mick McCarthy. Fuck off!!

[/quote]

Paul lambert?

Warnock or Malky or anyone else who has a track record of getting teams promoted from the Champ. Next season is no time to gamble on untried and untested managers at that level.

We need to make hay while the sun shines- i.e., get promoted within two

years while the parachute payments are at their highest. So we need a

safe pair of hands. If we had stayed up I would''ve taken a chance on Rosler, but now we have been relegated, I doubt he is a realistic choice. Lennon strikes me as being an unlikeable character but would probably do well, unless he does what Grant did here, or Strachan did at Boro, and sign loads of SPL players.Sherwood is the opposite to Lennon- a very likeable bloke but may be a bit naive/untested, and is too big a risk.Zola plays decent football, has a big name, and has a solid track record, so wouldn''t be a bad shout- if he is prepared to come.Malky is ideal- he has had two managerial roles and has done very well in both. Has won the division as both a player and a manager, and is a club legend on top of that. So he would be my first choice.

Why people are suggesting Eddie Howe, who left Burnley because he couldn''t be away from Bournemouth, is beyond my admittedly limited brain.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]So why is Malky not a viable option? He has won the Championship, is available, would love to manage here. Doesn''t take any BS has proved with Cardiff he can rebuild a squad. For me he is the stand out candidate for the job.

Its worth mentioning that sometimes unfenced managers click at a club. Mclarren at Derby, Bruce at Hull, Dyche at Burnley none of whom would be welcome to manager here my general concenses[/quote]
Because as many have pointed out, his tactics are very similar to the CH and if we are going to go down that route then you can forget entertainment. We should be striving for good attacking football, and scoring goals. His Cardiff team was assembled by throwing a lot of cash at it, as a Cardiff fan mentioned on this board earlier. Not to mention after having the dream team appointments of Gunn and Adams, I don''t think it would be a bad idea to try someone who wasn''t a former legend.
I''d have picked Rosler, but that is unrealistic now, as Wigan will either be a league above us or on level par. Eddie Howe is a good shout, but then there are other circumstances like Bor has mentioned that could dictate his coming here.
Warnock for me has the experience and wouldn''t have to throw tons of cash at building a team. I don''t think trying a manager without the necessary CV attributes at this time is a good idea.