Sign in to follow this  
bailojnr

Preparing for Roy Waller

I''m sure this must hav been said b4 but despite the fact that I think Waller is a legend, following the game under his commentry is damn near impossible! Also (and this may offend a few) why is it that so many people on canary call dont seem to hav a clue! I''m not a season ticket holder but i''ve listened to radio naarfuk after a few games that i have attended and been, quite frankly, bemused. I swear they are the same people that ALWAYS get interviewed on telly! No wonder people from outside norfolk think we''re all a bit backwards.

i had to listen to the first half of the palace game on radio norfolk and the 2nd half on five live.... and i have to say, i much preferred radio norfolk. sure he''s not a great commentator, but its a lot easier to follow than five live who seem to spend more time flicking onto other games, telling u scores and other rubbish that you dont really care to much about when your trying to listen to the game.

Remember, its the Roy AND Neil Adams double act. Sure, Roy''s a tad eccentric to put it midly but they are a good double act. Neil fills in the strategy and personalises it to club level which you won''t get with national radio and in particular handles the phone-in weirdo''s wonderfully well (apologies to any phone-in weirdo''s reading this but you know who you are).

Trouble is that half the time you have no idea of vaguely important things like who the hell has actually got the ball. I''d prefer to listen to Goreham-Adams with Roy perhaps helping to deal with Canary call - which is more his level.

let me guess.........

"Safri heads it back to helveg, turns it to bently, back to helveg... lays it off for safri, takes a shot................. ooooooh and it in, oh yes oh yes oh yes!!!!"

am i right? lol