Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Why Not Lennon?

I think the guy has got what it takes. Fire, determination, guts and proven ability to not only run a big club and keep its fans happy but also beat teams (the guy beat Barcelona in the champions league, Barca-frickin-lona)

The only criticism I see from people about him is "I dun''t liuk im buh!"

That''s not a valid reason, that''s the mutterings of a slack jawed yokel.

Scottish league not competitive enough? Correct, it''s not a great league but saying that makes him a poor manager is like walking into a house you want to buy and slagging off the curtains. Think bigger, assess the man and his credentials and make an assessment based on that.

Could he come to us and do really well? In my mind, yes. He''ll unite the players and keep them tight, bring in a few (samamras?) and I think he''d even unite the aforementioned slack jawed yokels if he wins a few games.

1. I could win the Scottish Premier league as manager of Celtic.2. He''s ginger.

[quote user="morty"]1. I could win the Scottish Premier league as manager of Celtic.2. He''s ginger.[/quote]

1- no you couldn''t

2- so are your pubes

[quote user="skippdogg"][quote user="morty"]1. I could win the Scottish Premier league as manager of Celtic.2. He''s ginger.[/quote]

1- no you couldn''t

2- so are your pubes[/quote]

I dot think he is a bad choice... just that if your going to bring someone in they should have either won the champs or have managed in it before to a high level.

I think he would do a good job for us. He has a winning mentality, and he has the competitive personality and character to succeed.But

he does come across as an arse sometimes though. Some of his comments

towards referees for example are awful. He is a passionate man but does

seem to cross the line sometimes.But would I rather have a nice bloke who wouldn''t get results? No. We need to go up as soon as possible, so at this point in time, I''d rather win with an arse.

How did you get aclook at Morty''s pubes?

[quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]How did you get aclook at Morty''s pubes?[/quote]He pays me.I put some in an envelope, and post them to him.

It''s the fact that he has only managed 1 team in his management career and that one team is Celtic who lets face it are playing in a Sunday league.

More the question, why is he the right choice?

The reasons are pretty obvious against:

There''s only one team thats going to win the SPL, its impossible for them to lose it.

He''s irish

Like Morty says, he ginger.

He hasn''t got any managerial experience anywhere else.

Reasons For:

He beat Barcelona with only 1% possession.

[quote user="skippdogg"]how else am i gonna complete this blow up mick hucknall doll.[/quote][+o(]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]More the question, why is he the right choice?

The reasons are pretty obvious against:

There''s only one team thats going to win the SPL, its impossible for them to lose it.

He''s irish

Like Morty says, he ginger.

He hasn''t got any managerial experience anywhere else.

Reasons For:

He beat Barcelona with only 1% possession.[/quote]

He''s actually Northern Irish and if you want a manager that''s got experience at this level, in fact beating it with a record points total, Hughton is available.

Once again, it''s a house viewing and you are slagging off the sofa guys, think bigger for a change yeah.

Are you talking physically bigger? because Warnock is probably free.

In all seriousness, Warnock? the fans suggesting that hang your heads in shame.

Well if he does get the job I wouldn''t go telling Lennon "he''s actually Northern Irish" he''s likely to nut you!! I suggest you study a little about Irish politics and what to and not to say before he arrives. He hasn''t got the experience required to compete in the cess pit they call the championship, simple as that.

Not completely averse to Lennon, but he exudes a sense of arrogance that reminds me uncomfortably of Roeder. I know self-belief is imperative for a manager, but not to the degree that it turns into contempt for fans.

[quote user="Buh"]Are you talking physically bigger? because Warnock is probably free.

In all seriousness, Warnock? the fans suggesting that hang your heads in shame.[/quote]
Experience and 2 promotions from the league we are gonna be in..... yeah why would we want him??!! Duuuhhhhh....
Lennon is not the man we need right now. He has never been a manager in a league where the teams he faces have a level ground to compete. You should hang your head in shame with this suggestion.

The easiest reason to give you is that he has no managerial experience in the Championship. That being said neither had Lambert.

Given that the board of said a manager will be announced within a week i highly doubt it will be Lennon as negotiations with clubs tend to take a lot longer.

Its a straight race between Adams and Malky if we are only looking at a week time frame.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Buh"]Are you talking physically bigger? because Warnock is probably free.

In all seriousness, Warnock? the fans suggesting that hang your heads in shame.[/quote]
Experience and 2 promotions from the league we are gonna be in..... yeah why would we want him??!! Duuuhhhhh....
Lennon is not the man we need right now. He has never been a manager in a league where the teams he faces have a level ground to compete. You should hang your head in shame with this suggestion.
[/quote]

Doesn''t matter to you though, no streamy streams...

If you want Colin then you really have lost it

[quote user="Hannibal II"]The easiest reason to give you is that he has no managerial experience in the Championship. That being said neither had Lambert.

Given that the board of said a manager will be announced within a week i highly doubt it will be Lennon as negotiations with clubs tend to take a lot longer.

Its a straight race between Adams and Malky if we are only looking at a week time frame.[/quote]

Nor had Worthington or Rossler at Wigan, it really isn''t the most important thing. Experience is over rated it''s about whether the new appointment turns out to be a good fit for us and what response he can get out of a under achieving squad.

All the reports I''ve seen suggest that along with his highly explosive and abrasive personality, he''s tactically naive (probably from hardly ever needing to even use a ''Plan B'') and has no experience of managing in a league where teams are actually good enough to beat you consistently.What I see in Lennon is Roeder MkII, he''d probably get some effect over a short term say 4-6 months, then it would all go downhill (along with the clubs reputation).At the minute out of the three main candidates suggested (Adams, Malky, Lennon), Lennon wouldn''t even make my third choice, in fact I''d not even put him on an alternate list...Really, really don''t want to see this guy at our club - ever!

If it''s out of the three main competitors how can Lennon physically not take at least the third spot?

Someone he on the phone to shoopadoopadoop FC!

I have just read comments by Lennon in today''s Scotsman and there is no hint there that he expects to be anywhere other than Celtic Park next season.

He says he is tired after a long season that had to begin with Champion''s League qualifying and he wants a rest to re-energise himself.

I find that a touch worrying because he manages a team that had won tne title in March, lost only one SPL game and ended up 29 points ahead of the 2nd placed side.

So would he really be up to all the rigour and stresses involved in

guiding a team to promotion from the Championship?

Lets be objective about it he would be a huge risk. He manages Celtic, my mum could win the league with Celtic at the moment. The general quality of that league if you take Celtic out is league 1. He has no other managerial experience. He may do well but it is a risk at a time when we cannot afford one. It has to be an experienced and successful championship manager who knows that league and how to get promoted out of it

Todays Sun (I know) still claim we''re in for him.

H mm, interesting, especially as he was my first choice before Adams.

I still think Garcia is a possibility despite yesterday''s result. He did well to get Brighton to the play-offs, he is young and by all accounts wants to leave because he wants to manage a side with more resources.

[quote user="24March1985"]I still think Garcia is a possibility despite yesterday''s result. He did well to get Brighton to the play-offs, he is young and by all accounts wants to leave because he wants to manage a side with more resources.[/quote]

How about Uwe Rosler