Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

What's worse............

Heading to the Championship or

Manager off to Spurs?

Star player to Liverpool?

Star player to Man Utd?

And that''s day one of the close season.

I firmly believe that next season will be a lot more fun as long as we are challenging near the top of the. Championship.

It''s a good point, there''s no real winning for clubs outside the top 7 teams. I''d argue Hull and Palace will be most pleased with their seasons though I reckon they will both get back to struggling next season!

Southampton are the greatest team ever, of course.

Until Leicester turn up next year, calling that one early. New media love in next year is there''s.

If pulis went to Southampton as manager there''d be journalistic jizz everywhere

But seriously, their manager and best players will leave.

Southampton haven''t really spent that well recently wither. £15m on Osvaldo and £12m on Ramirez who can''t get in their team. £7m for Jay Rod looks alright now admittedly and Lovren for £7m has been great.

It''s been said many times but any team below the usual 8 of ManC, ManU, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle will all fear the possibility of relegation next season.

You just have to accept what has been achieved the previous season and live in hope, as much as anything else.

Fulham should not have gone down with that squad but they were dreadful. Palace should not have stayed up but did what was needed.

So much was said before the season started about us pushing on but to be honest, the squad assembled wasn''t as good as the 2005 one.

But having said that, a missed penalty or bad decision is all that separates most of the bottom 12.