Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Manager Pressure

1 Man City - Best thing since sliced bread but was under pressure a couple of months ago

2 Liverpool - Not under pressure but slight criticism of his gung ho approach when in need of defence

3 Chelsea - reasonably disappointing first season back but should be safe

4 Arsenal - win the cup and it''s a successful season. There has been a lot of pressure at times this season though

5 Everton - done a great job, no pressure here

6 Tottenham - best win ratio of any manager ever but unlikely to keep his job

7 Man Utd - disaster of a season cost Moyes, new guy must at least get CL qualification next year

8 Southampton - will lose their manager to spurs allegedly

9 Stoke - good season for Hughes, looked ropey until the draw with us though

10 Newcastle - Pardew on the verge of the sack, not helped by lack of transfer funds

11 Crystal Palace - Pulis in line for Manager of season, slight worry he might get a bigger club

12 Swansea - Monk did just enough after a difficult season juggling europe

13 West Ham - Allardyce likely to get harshly sacked again.

14 Sunderland - Poyet a miracle worker, but was close to losing his job. Now a month later they are worried he''ll leave them!

15 Aston Villa - as good as gone once the takeover is done

16 Hull - done a great job but league form has dropped, they were lucky we were so poor, watch out next year Hull!

17 West Brom - on the verge of the sack. Very poor and very lucky we were worse

18 Norwich - see Man U but promotion instead of 4th

19 Fulham - a big turnover needed but promising youth players. If they aren''t up there after a handful of games, Magath will be toast

20 Cardiff - see Fulham

All in all, it seems you either are amazing or completely inept as a manager. Anything in between is a slippery slope to the inept side of things. Perhaps Hughton spent too long in the middle and we left it too late to act upon that.

I actually think it''s sometimes worth replacing the manager just for the sake of it if the atmosphere has soured. It can provide a boost for players and for fans.

How many of them do you all think will keep their managers all next season? I''d say there will be 6 managers in charge now that will still have a job this time next year at their respective clubs.

I think Hughes has done an amazing job at Stoke, but this achievement will be overlooked mainly due to Poyet and Pulis and the job they did at their clubs.

When I read your point about Stoke being a "bit ropey" until they played us with their 1-1 draw at CR, I looked up the BBC report and the table at that point sickens me.

We were on 29 points, Stoke on 31 - both with 9 games left to play. Stoke earned 19 more points. We got 4.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I think Hughes has done an amazing job at Stoke, but this achievement will be overlooked mainly due to Poyet and Pulis and the job they did at their clubs.

When I read your point about Stoke being a "bit ropey" until they played us with their 1-1 draw at CR, I looked up the BBC report and the table at that point sickens me.

We were on 29 points, Stoke on 31 - both with 9 games left to play. Stoke earned 19 more points. We got 4.[/quote]

Just think, that silly penalty that Bassong gave away is yet another stick to beat us with.

our whole season came down to WBA at home,   only the away team turned up and took the points and safety.    Had we won they would be doingthe naval gazing right now.