Yes and no.Whilst I appreciate how he has played the role he has been asked to do recently (lone striker, holding the ball up etc) I feel that we should be signing a striker who can not only do this, but score goals as well.I rate him, but I think we need to do better.

For someone we''re allegedly paying over £50k a week wages, no thanks! He only tries when it suits him. Not what we need.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]For someone we''re allegedly paying over £50k a week wages, no thanks! He only tries when it suits him. Not what we need.[/quote]I doubt very, very much we are paying him anywhere near that.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]We paid one and a half million to take him on loan you realise?[/quote]Source?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]My mate at PA sports who did the story when we bought him[/quote]Nah, sorry, not buying over 50k a week.

Possibly the slowest player I''ve ever seen and carries 0 goal threat- at least RVW and Hooper missed a few, I don''t really remember Elmander doing that.

He was on that at Bolton and then got a bumper move on a free to Galatasaray after rejecting Boltons contract renewal offer... You do the maths.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He was on that at Bolton and then got a bumper move on a free to Galatasaray after rejecting Boltons contract renewal offer... You do the maths.[/quote]Ah right, why didn''t you say?You have me totally convinced.....

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He was on that at Bolton and then got a bumper move on a free to Galatasaray after rejecting Boltons contract renewal offer... You do the maths.[/quote]Is that a £1.5m loan fee on top of his wages, or 50k a week over 30-odd weeks and nothing to the club? If that loan cost us £3m+ in total then whoever sanctioned it wants shooting!

He''s decent. The problem for me is where he fits into a style of football. He doesn''t carry enough goal threat to be a lone striker and hasn''t got the technical ability on the ground to be a link player off a striker. He holds the ball up well and brings others into play - a decent back up option who could add something a bit different for a bottom half prem club. Wouldn''t have him in the championship.

Massive backward step. How quickly some on here are thinking Championship.

His whole signing, along with Guittierez, was a massive and expensive mistake. Hughton negativity personified.

He contributed nothing to our survival because we didn''t survive, if that makes sense, and he took up game time that either of our two mis-firing strikers might have possibly used to get on the ball more.

Bye Johan, bye Jonas.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]We should never even think about the possibility of beginning to consider this.We could get a much cheaper, younger target man from somewhere within the Football League who could do no worse than Elmander.[/quote]

There is one sat in our reserves who''d be perfect and we released two of them last summer who''d also be perfect...

As the highest salary at the club is £40k, and McNally did make mention of "Champions League Wages" with what I took to be a hint at the figure being higher, I would suggest that Elmander is on a tidy wage. No idea about the fee and how that works though...

[quote user="GPB"]As the highest salary at the club is £40k, and McNally did make mention of "Champions League Wages" with what I took to be a hint at the figure being higher, I would suggest that Elmander is on a tidy wage. No idea about the fee and how that works though...[/quote]I was told the highest earner at the club was on 40k.

Considering Steve Morison was hounded out of the club and managed to score far more goals than Elmander, can anybody really be serious in seeing him as anything other than another of Hughton''s mistakes and hopefully has been shown the exit door today. And lets hope Guitierrez and Yobo have followed him.

Back to the sad old days of Roeder by bringing loanees in who talk bullcrap to the media about their passion for NCFC, waving the colours above their heads for the cameras yet failing to produce a decent performance between them.

What! £40k per week for that has-been?

Whatever possessed them, McN. and CH, to drop such a bollock by committing such finances to an ageing journeyman who had forgotten whatever little he did know about finding the back of the net?

Surely the biggest mistake of a mistake-ridden season. How much did this Jonas cost then?

Clearly Cautious Chris didn''t apply his reserve to Canary finances and McNasty should have known better.

If the names Elmander and NCFC are ever linked together again I shall need to go, poste haste, to my bathroom to be physically sick.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GPB"]As the highest salary at the club is £40k, and McNally did make mention of "Champions League Wages" with what I took to be a hint at the figure being higher, I would suggest that Elmander is on a tidy wage. No idea about the fee and how that works though...[/quote]

I was told the highest earner at the club was on 40k.
[/quote]

Me too. I took it to mean salaried players , but loan players I''m not sure about. Like you I can''t believe we paid a fee AND are paying the wages in full. I thought the fee aspect had come in relatively recently, in lieu of some of the wages, as common practice before was to simply pay the players wages. Elmander will be on big money though, it''s just a case of how much of it we have been paying.

[quote user="GPB"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GPB"]As the highest salary at the club is £40k, and McNally did make mention of "Champions League Wages" with what I took to be a hint at the figure being higher, I would suggest that Elmander is on a tidy wage. No idea about the fee and how that works though...[/quote]I was told the highest earner at the club was on 40k.[/quote]

Me too. I took it to mean salaried players , but loan players I''m not sure about. Like you I can''t believe we paid a fee AND are paying the wages in full. I thought the fee aspect had come in relatively recently, in lieu of some of the wages, as common practice before was to simply pay the players wages. Elmander will be on big money though, it''s just a case of how much of it we have been paying.

[/quote]I''m not buying that it was 50k+ going directly into Elmanders back pocket.Yes, there will always be other costs involved, I recognise that. As much as I am a bit of a fan of Elmander, if we were willing to pay over 50 grand a week, then I think we could have done a little bit better.

Think about it, if we paid Elmander half his wages (£25k a week) and paid him it for 9 months then we''d have paid him £1m. Add a £0.5m fee to Galatasaray and there''s the £1.5m.

What a waste hey!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Think about it, if we paid Elmander half his wages (£25k a week) and paid him it for 9 months then we''d have paid him £1m. Add a £0.5m fee to Galatasaray and there''s the £1.5m.

What a waste hey![/quote]You''re just making stuff up now to justify the imaginary figure that you plucked from an alleged source.And I believe you said we were paying him over 50k a week wages, did you not?

Too far more criticism than he deserved while generally working hard for the team in a role that did not suit him.

But he is one to return to sender given his age and wage.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Think about it, if we paid Elmander half his wages (£25k a week) and paid him it for 9 months then we''d have paid him £1m. Add a £0.5m fee to Galatasaray and there''s the £1.5m.

What a waste hey![/quote]You''re just making stuff up now to justify the imaginary figure that you plucked from an alleged source.And I believe you said we were paying him over 50k a week wages, did you not?[/quote]Jimmy, you must have missed this, care to comment?[;)]