Sign in to follow this  
Norma Stick

Sky Sources : England Squad

Could be the difference in him staying or not, if he hasn''t made it whilst playing in the premier league, he will probably see his chances of making the squad be even less so, if he''s playing in the championship.

Proper Charlie he''s not going to make it now anyway, he''s like a year younger than Hart, year or two older than Forster and more than that older than Butland.

If he''s not in the squad then I''m very disappointed. He''s better than Foster. And very equal to Forster, but should be ahead of him because he has to face a much higher quality of player week in week out. Ruddy should be number two, not just because he''s a Norwoch player but because he''s that good. He probably would be number two if he''d gone to Chelsea and only played half a dozen times this season :/

I think its scandalous that Ben Foster has been picked in front of Ruddy, Hodgson got very strange ideas

Sorry for him but it will knock his self-confidence, reduce his marketability as he won''t be appearing in friendlies or in the press and reduce his value. All of these are likely to mean he''s less likely to be sold in the Summer so I''m quite pleased about that.

Its ridiculous that Ben Foster (who isn''t even that good, makes a lot of highlight reel saves, flaps like no keeper I''ve ever seen) is in when he quit on his country

Now because he''s got a manager he likes he''s made himself available.

Disgraceful that someone who is on a whim about his international availability is in ahead of Ruddy

Lets face it, we all know theres bias, had we stayed up, Ruddy would be picked.

As I expect all kinds of grief for England in Brazil I think John''s well out of it.

Trying to put the Norwich glasses aside for a minute, Ruddy has had a pretty poor season actually.

I don''t like Foster being picked after he previously "retired" but he''s a good keeper. Forster is there because he plays for Celtic and has had exposure against European strikers.

It was fairly obvious Forster would get picked when he played in the friendly.

Foster is the one who has taken Ruddy''s place and on season form, that''s justified.

[quote user="morty"]Lets face it, we all know theres bias, had we stayed up, Ruddy would be picked.[/quote]Not so sure he would have been – Hodgson managed Foster the year he was at WBA. So bias yes, but I doubt our relegation makes any difference.

I don''t think he''s had a brilliant season - some fairly soft goals, and other times where there have been "wonder" goals you may actually question his positioning a bit (although of course when the defence in front of you is playing badly, any slightly poor positioning is going to show up a lot more than if you''re behind a stronger defence).

Proper Charlie - I think the exact opposite might occur. If he has had three fairly good seasons in the prem and is then overlooked for someone who has previously retired from international football and either someone playing in a mickey mouse league or a youngster who doesn''t even look that great, then he may well decide to concentrate on his club football and tell England where to shove it. If that''s the case, he seems to be enjoying it here, may well stay rather than move for the sake of it.

Ruddy hasn''t had a great season but to miss out to Foster is scandalous.

Forster I can understand and I rate him. By all accounts he''s improved since he was at NCFC!

Maybe in the clubs best interest he doesnt go, as surely an England goalkeeper would have to play in the Prem?Also, I gave up caring about the National side years ago, you know the sun and mail will big up the England team to world beating levels and we will be lucky to get out of the group stages.My best advice for the World Cup is to enter a sweepstake and get a couple of random teams, that way you will actually have a reason to watch rather than just get your heart broken....... again.

Poor. Really poor.

Foster said he wasn''t available for England but then changed his mind when there was a World Cup coming up and he thought he might get in.

Even if it wasn''t Ruddy it shouldn''t have been Foster.

[quote user="morty"]Ruddy has confirmed that he has been left out.Disappointing.[/quote]

Always knew this would happen Hodgson Foster thing goes back a while now and only named Ruddy as an after thought Foster is no way a better keeper

Little doubt that the amount of goals conceded by Ruddy this season and a relegation to boot has cost him.!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Little doubt that the amount of goals conceded by Ruddy this season[/quote]Well he''s only let in 3 more than Foster. I think it''s more to do with playing for NCFC - nobody likes us

Foster probably got the nod over ruddy as foster is an old bum chum of hodgson''s and ruddy isn''t from hodgeson''s WBA days. Of course it''s a scandal that foster is allowed back into the England squad after having ''retired'' once before. Not on if you ask me.

Very disappointing for a good player in a cr@p team. Goals against would have been considerably more if not for him.He deserves better as he is undoubtedly better that Foster.

Once the Holiday in Rio is over Mr Foster will no doubt retire again. It should be the highest achievement in a players career , to recieve international call ups and he opted out of that after 5 caps. As long as Joe Hart remains fit and at a successful club he will surely come close to Shiltons record.

I am more disappointed that Foster is going than the fact that Ruddy isn''t. The reason for Foster''s ''retirement'' was that he was gutless. Hart was always being picked as no. 1 and he didn''t have enough about him to stay and fight for a place. That was until his Uncle Roy came along and persuaded him otherwise.