Sign in to follow this  
McLovin

Gianfranco Zola

Not at all surprised by this, as he was spotted sitting with the Norwich board at the Chelsea game last week

Would be a great addition to norwich if Zola was appointed Manager, or do we go back to boring old norwich and employ a donkey in Malky who''s tactics were no different to Hughtons

Cardiff had beaten Man City and were 11th when Malky was sacked...

how were his tactics similar to hughtons?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Cardiff had beaten Man City and were 11th when Malky was sacked...

how were his tactics similar to hughtons?[/quote]Cardiff were 1 point above the drop zone when Malky was sacked .

my mistake...

either way.. Solskjaer couldnt change it so maybe Cardiff were just not good enough rather than Malky being poor?

Well at least with Zola we''d play some decent football for a change, and we might get some entertainment. Probably not the most effective choice, but do we want success if the football is dull?

He really struggled to make an impact at Watford, so would he do a good job here?

I thought he was a great player but that doesn''t mean he would be a good manager.

I''m just a little weary and perhaps cautious, we don''t want another wasted season.

[quote user="White stuff"]Would be a great addition to norwich if Zola was appointed Manager, or do we go back to boring old norwich and employ a donkey in Malky who''s tactics were no different to Hughtons[/quote]

Did you watch a lot of Cardiff''s games while Mackay was in charge?

If Zola takes over, we best get used to Championship football. He''d be an awful appointment, in my opinion. We can''t go foreign for the sake of going foreign, which I feel is what we''d be doing with Zola. You appoint the best men for the job and the best men for the Norwich job right now are British candidates. It''s got to be either Lennon or Malky, for me.

If he is our hopes of a quick return will be diminished.

Not the time for gambling. We need the safety and assuredness of a Malky.

Mind you Fabio Q. might well be making his way to the Carrot Patch at last[:D]

IMHO.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]If Zola takes over, we best get used to Championship football. He''d be an awful appointment, in my opinion. We can''t go foreign for the sake of going foreign, which I feel is what we''d be doing with Zola. You appoint the best men for the job and the best men for the Norwich job right now are British candidates. It''s got to be either Lennon or Malky, for me.[/quote]

A total disaster if true and sacked by November imo.

I wouldn''t be without reservations regarding Zola being appointed but I think he''s being quite harshly dismissed here.

At West Ham he arrived just as the Icelandic owners were withdrawing their backing, high profile players had left and he relied on blooding several youth team players in his time. Yes, they flirted with relegation but did enough to avoid it still producing a decent footballing side, all in quite tricky circumstances. He was replaced by Avram Grant, and we all know how that ended.

He inherited an unremarkable Watford side with the job of blending a huge number of loan players into a competitive outfit. They only just missed out on automatic promotion in his first season, again whilst playing a decent brand of football. After losing some key payers in the summer last season they struggled to ever get going and he did a most rare and dignified thing in resigning.

Whilst it''s not a CV littered with one success after another I think he''s proven he can put together a good footballing side that will play with flair and be competitive, even in less than ideal circumstances. If nothing else I would be intrigued to see how he got us playing but if promotion is the be all and end all then he''s among the riskier options.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I''m very worried we''re going to get Zola. Very worried.[/quote]Agree. He doesn''t convince me at all.

[quote user="Stone"]I wouldn''t be without reservations regarding Zola being appointed but I think he''s being quite harshly dismissed here.

At West Ham he arrived just as the Icelandic owners were withdrawing their backing, high profile players had left and he relied on blooding several youth team players in his time. Yes, they flirted with relegation but did enough to avoid it still producing a decent footballing side, all in quite tricky circumstances. He was replaced by Avram Grant, and we all know how that ended.

He inherited an unremarkable Watford side with the job of blending a huge number of loan players into a competitive outfit. They only just missed out on automatic promotion in his first season, again whilst playing a decent brand of football. After losing some key payers in the summer last season they struggled to ever get going and he did a most rare and dignified thing in resigning.

Whilst it''s not a CV littered with one success after another I think he''s proven he can put together a good footballing side that will play with flair and be competitive, even in less than ideal circumstances. If nothing else I would be intrigued to see how he got us playing but if promotion is the be all and end all then he''s among the riskier options.[/quote]

Please dont post logical stuff like this :-)

Zola is a good manager who plays attractive football which is the opposite of what we have been served up.

Please correct me if i am wrong but he got 9th in the premier league with West Ham playing very good football.

Then the money went and the new owners came in and said everyone is for sale and totally undermined him.... he still did not get relegated and finished 5 points above the drop. West Ham went down the year after with Zolas replacement A Grant.

Then you go to watford where using a lot of loanees got to 3rd position almost beating hull to the premier league again playing good football.

This season yes it has been crap for him (loads of players lost which is the price of just missing promotion and playing nice football) but then in the cup they almost beat us recently and dominated possession and scored goals right up until the end.

Maybe he is not the leading candidate but he is by no means a bad manager/crap option and if i was a player especially a young player if Zola tells you your good I bet you feel like your good.

I grew up on the passing football of the Stringer/Walker era, if there is a chance to have someone who plays the "Norwich Way" I would seriously consider it.

:-)