Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Best moment of the season

The draw against Man City, the win v Spurs, the win at Stoke, Tettey and Hooper''s goal. RVW''s goal v Everton promised to be the first of many but unfortunately that was it.

When I first saw Fer, I thought we had an absolute gem. He seemed to be a midfielder who could do everything. He had strength, was comfortable on the ball, could tackle and be useful in the opposing penalty box. What happened to that player? Did he lose interest, was he played out of position? I don''t understand, since if he had done well surely he would have walked into the Dutch World Cup squad.

I agree with Molly''s post

But disagree with Molly''s face.

Talking of Holloway (someone else''s post) it would be nice if more football managers could admit that they are not ''feeling it'' i.e. out of their depth in a given situation. It might save us fans a lot of wasted attempts at loyalty and hope. And it actually takes more guts to do so, than to hang on desperately hoping you will hit on a lucky run, when your combination of players and tactics is just wrong.

Tettey''s volley and the (ultimately mistaken) belief that that win would help send Sunderland down and keep us up.

A highlight has been watching how mad people on here get at this Lake District canary he makes wiz look like an Amateur. People bite way too easily.

Can''t think of one. All fairly dire. Probably about 2:55pm, 5 minutes before we kicked off against Everton back in August. That was the best moment of the season. Filled with promise. All downhill from then on.

Watching the Stoke away game with my mum with the New York Canaries in the Football Factory, New York. Lovely bunch of people and made us feel very welcome. And we won!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Eliot Bennett making his first team comeback. 

[/quote]

Lakey, I don''t know about the best moment but certainly,one of the better ones involved this young man and it happened yesterday.

Bennett was replacing Redmond on the pitch and as Redmond went to the touchline Bennett gave him a big hug and a broad smile. I thought if we can hang on to these two young men good things are going to happen.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Eliot Bennett making his first team comeback.  [/quote]

Lakey, I don''t know about the best moment but certainly,one of the better ones involved this young man and it happened yesterday.

Bennett was replacing Redmond on the pitch and as Redmond went to the touchline Bennett gave him a big hug and a broad smile. I thought if we can hang on to these two young men good things are going to happen.

[/quote]

I thought it was quite symbolic that he went out in the first game of the season and came back in the last one.   Closure on the injury before the end of the season is a good thing to have happened for him and having come back in May, it makes it psychologically better for him not having to wait until August for first team competitive action.  We could have done with more of him this season, but at least he is back. 

The very first match of the season, matched Everton all over the pitch and that RVW goal had us all believing he was going to be worth the money and the season would be fine

The away support - especially at Fulham, United and Chelsea. Getting back to our best in supporting the team - and fantastic to see a player mixing with us to support his team mates!

The launch of the new away kit was good.... Excellent poster and slogan.

Tettey''s and Hooper''s goals at Carra were the highlights for goals.