Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

New manager - the candidates.

According to press reports there are 3/4 candidates being interviewed for the job.Seems as though one is Neil Adams. So that leaves 2/3. Unless 3/4 in addition to NA, as the board know all about Mr Adams.Malky?Lennon?Sherwood?Zola?Now that makes 5. So, I wonder who the candidates really are? Any ideas?

Let''s play word association instead:-  

Adams ------- apple

Sherwood ------ forest

Mackay   ------- porridge

Lennon ------ imagine

Zola  ------     metamorphosis.

No less pointless than the guessing games we are all indulging in at the moment. Could easily be an outsider too and someone has suggested Phelan might be in with a shout.

(The last one is for the literary knowledgeable only.)

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]If Lennon gets it I''ll be Phelan Glad All Over[/quote]

Ok then.

Phelan ---- glad all over. [:D]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Let''s play word association instead:-  

Adams ------- apple

Sherwood ------ forest

Mackay   ------- porridge

Lennon ------ imagine

Zola  ------     metamorphosis.

No less pointless than the guessing games we are all indulging in at the moment. Could easily be an outsider too and someone has suggested Phelan might be in with a shout.

(The last one is for the literary knowledgeable only.)

[/quote]

This is the funniest post I''ve seen on here for ages. But wasn''t Metamorpahsis written by Kafka? Were you

suggesting Emile Zola?

This is the funniest post I''ve seen on here for ages. But wasn''t Metamorpahsis written by Kafka? Were you
suggesting Emile Zola?

Of course, of course  too clever by half. ''Germinal'' doesn''t have the same ring about it though.

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]Just Imagine if John Lennon gets it, it will just be like starting over.
[/quote]

No instant Kamara then.

Smith ------ granny

Wynn ------ Pooh

Jones ------- corporal

McNally ----- Dracula

And amendment:

Zola ---- Pepsi cola.

Can I now officially put this nonsense thread to bed

This is the funniest post I''ve seen on here for ages. But wasn''t Metamorpahsis written by Kafka? Were you suggesting Emile Zola?

Of course, of course  too clever by half. ''Germinal'' doesn''t have the same ring about it though.

[/quote]But Zola also wrote "J''Accuse". Ostensibly over the Dreyfus Affair but in retrospect plainly a not very coded reference to J''Ackett (Kenny) who has got Wolves promoted...

Ouch!

PC that''s nearly as bad as that old joke  around the time there was a fire at White Hart Lane and the police suspected Arsene.

And amendment:

Zola ---- Pepsi cola.

[/quote]You could have :-Zola ----- Buddand just like Zola Budd career as a ''British'' athlete, Gianfranco Zola''s arrival would be met with lots of excitement from the media and the ill informed but after a few months, when the performances don''t live up to the hype, off he will slope back to whence he came!Moo