Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Ruddy to Palace... Surely not

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Snodgrass would be a bigger loss to us in the Championship. £10 million and the opportunity to play top tier football at Palace would be in the interest of both parties.[/quote]

No way we could get another Huffer and puffer to replace Snodgrass why we might even get one that''s. Productive 2 assists all season. Now E. Bennett is fit we''ll see what we''ve missed this season. Next season with Redmond and Bennett we can attack with pace.

Snodgrass either needs to be plyed as a number 10 or sold before his contract runs out.

We are out of debt and so have no need to sell any players. Snodgrass'' contract expires next season though so we will have to sell him if he doesn''t sign a new one.

Palace have Speroni who has done really well for them this season. Ruddy has done brilliantly for us this season, and would be a key player next season. If Ruddy wants to stay, I would only sell him if we get an offer of £100 million

[quote user="basil brush"]I think Ruddy should leave, he deserves and needs a move. Staying at Norwich this season has clearly prevented him from going to The World Cup and that will stick in his throat regardless of what his says publicly.

I can''t see a top team coming in for him - at least for a number one spot - and he will want to play every week, so I don''t think people should balk at Palace. Our they so bad? Damn sight better than our shambles this season. His value has also been weakened by our relegation, so we our not going to get silly money, but I think someone around the £6-8M mark would be fair considering the circumstances.

Depending what happens in the next few weeks we could easily go down as well as go up, so I hope Ruddy sees the light and gets out if an offer comes in the he and the board agree on.

Been a great player for us, now time to look for our next number one.[/quote]

You''re not the kind of person anyone would want next to them in the trenches, are you…

You''re not the kind of person anyone would want next to them in the trenches, are you…

I''ve got a lot of time for Ruddy, which is why I''d be happy for him to go and better himself - for the right price of course! I see no value for him staying at Norwich at all - He has been loyal and fully deserves his move, should it happen.

Hughton''s brand of football seized up like club like an old Granny''s chuff and after putting up with that for a couple of years I want to see Ruddy achieve as much as possible. Is that so bad?

[quote user="basil brush"]You''re not the kind of person anyone would want next to them in the trenches, are you…

I''ve got a lot of time for Ruddy, which is why I''d be happy for him to go and better himself - for the right price of course! I see no value for him staying at Norwich at all - He has been loyal and fully deserves his move, should it happen.

Hughton''s brand of football seized up like club like an old Granny''s chuff and after putting up with that for a couple of years I want to see Ruddy achieve as much as possible. Is that so bad?[/quote]

As a supposed Norwich fan, yes.

My views on why Ruddy should not be sold:

1) He is happy to stay

2) He is popular with the fans

3) He would be a key player for us next season

4) He is our first choice keeper and so gets regular first team football with us, moving to a higher club could damage his career

5) We are out of debt, so don''t need to sell any players except Snodgrass if he doesn''t sign a new contract, as is out of contract next summer

I personally think it would be a big mistake to sell Ruddy, as in my opinion he''s a massive part of the first team

Ruddy will leave. Guaranteed.

If he has a wage reduction in his contract then he will want to leave. If he hasn''t then the club will not be able to afford his wages so he will be sold. Simple.

It would be completely unrealistic for any Norwich fan to expect Ruddy to stay. You have to be objective about this. We are now a Championship club, Ruddy has gone from England #2 to #4 and staying at Norwich is sadly not going to do him any favours at all, even if we do well.

It would almost be cruel to keep him.

Ruddy is quoted as saying he will stay at Norwich, signed a new contract last year, the club gave him his chance etc. In the Express (I know).

[quote user="Al"]Ruddy will leave. Guaranteed.

If he has a wage reduction in his contract then he will want to leave. If he hasn''t then the club will not be able to afford his wages so he will be sold. Simple.[/quote]

According to what McNallly said very player has a relegation wage drop in their contract, so Ruddy has got a wage reduction. No player has got a relegation release clause, and Ruddy has also spoken and said that he is happy to stay at the club - it''s nice to see he''s clearly not greedy for money or international call-ups.I think Ruddy also sees that when he was getting called up for England he was the 3rd choice keeper, and so he has only played 45 mins for his country

[quote user="basil brush"]It would be completely unrealistic for any Norwich fan to expect Ruddy to stay. You have to be objective about this. We are now a Championship club, Ruddy has gone from England #2 to #4 and staying at Norwich is sadly not going to do him any favours at all, even if we do well.

It would almost be cruel to keep him.[/quote]

Well a s(ummer would say that.