Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Jamar Loza

feel he deserves a special mention after today, only a small positive I know.. but what a debut from this young lad!

the future''s bright?

To be honest, I''m a bit surprised he and/or Murphy didn''t start, and that there weren''t one or two more of the youngsters on the bench. We were already down before the match, give a few of them some prem game time. Playing them all at once could have led to a demoralising drubbing but starting two and bringing two on for half an hour at the end would have been a good experience for them and a good opportunity for us to see them in action.

Did well but you have to give it a bit of balance - all he had to do was run and chase.

All he had to do was run and chase? Maybe you''re right, but he done it with greater success than RVW and Hooper have managed for the most of the season.

Continually made space for himself and didn''t look afraid of receiving the ball.. I was impressed even if you weren''t.

[quote user="STAN"]All he had to do was run and chase? Maybe you''re right, but he done it with greater success than RVW and Hooper have managed for the most of the season. Continually made space for himself and didn''t look afraid of receiving the ball.. I was impressed even if you weren''t.[/quote]

He did alright in a half hour sub appearance in a dead rubber at the end of the season. He ran, he chased, he was lively.

But youngsters always impress people on their debut. Happens every time. People have been impressed with the likes of Rossi Jarvis and Robert Eagle in the past.

I''m not chucking Loza in with all of that lot who never looked up to it (at least in my opinion) but I''ll wait to see a bit more of him at first team level. I think he''s got a shot at being involved next season but we''ll also need some more proven forwards.

GJP

He did a bit more than run and chase, which of course is what is expected from a forward and which he performed very well and better than most of our other forwards this season, he also fought hard for and won the ball on a number of ocassions, pretty sure the vast majority of his passes were successful too, again better that most of our forwards this season.

Whilst I agree one swallow doesn''t make a summer, I have seen him develop over the last two seasons and IMO the lad has a decent future ahead of him.

i would have left him on loan at southend to play in the lge 2 playoffs and maybe have a taste of promotion than to play 30 mins of a game that mean''s nothing for a club that has been relagated and low on confidence, it would have done him good.

Loza did ok when he came on (add to the list of those that made hooper look ordinary) but it is too soon to say how good.

For me the three breakthrough players I am hoping for next season are Rudd, Josh and Loza - by which I mean starting some games but most from the bench (Rudd more if ruddy goes) - next year is one too soon to expect them to be starting regulars, but the future does look hopeful

Josh and Loza are a fair bit ahead of the rest of the good group we have coming through and they will benefit from some competitive league 1 loans.

Thought he was superb and looked a real threat today and along with Bennett was one of the few positives from an otherwise completely uninspiring match.

I think bringing some of these hungry home-grown younger players into the fold will help ''stop the rot'' of the mentality that seemed to loom over our first team for parts of this season. The young lads seem to have a tight bond and that winning mentality that has been missing after ''you know who''s'' side was disassembled.

I''m, as I''m sure a lot of us are, quite depressed at the moment. That said however, I can''t remember the last time we had so many highly rated youngsters. Would be a shame not to use them.

[quote user="Ray"]GJP He did a bit more than run and chase, which of course is what is expected from a forward and which he performed very well and better than most of our other forwards this season, he also fought hard for and won the ball on a number of ocassions, pretty sure the vast majority of his passes were successful too, again better that most of our forwards this season. Whilst I agree one swallow doesn''t make a summer, I have seen him develop over the last two seasons and IMO the lad has a decent future ahead of him.[/quote]

Ray, I watched it. I know what he did. Saying he "ran and chased" is just an easy way to sum up his performance because that includes things like competing for the ball.

He did a nice little turn at one point and then played a smart pass. I saw it. Etc etc.

But in the grand scheme of things he didn''t do much more than run and chase in an end of season dead rubber game.

Seems he did alright, but let''s not get carried away. Hopefully he can build on this over summer and we can find the right r blend of current senior players looking to put things right, some seasoned pros to rid us of our brittle core we clearly suffer from and some young exciting talent to add unpredictability to us for whoever we face.

[quote user="STAN"]feel he deserves a special mention after today, only a small positive I know.. but what a debut from this young lad!

the future''s bright?[/quote]He just did simple things for a striker: hold the ball up and pass to midfield, runs at defenders, tackle back, make a chance for himself although not score; we cry for Elmander and RVW to do those things all season but  both can''t do it properly, but the kids just use less than 30 minutes to display what a normal striker should perform.

Well we were both there then, although re-reading what you posted, you said watched it, so not sure if you were there?

Either way I also saw him get a pretty good shot away, does that fall into the category of ''ran and chased; too? He did damn good for his first time out and if making runs, tackling back, fighting for and winning the ball, getting a shot away, making himself available and passing accurately, all falls under the heading of ''ran and chased''; then I guess that is all any player ever does, the fact it was a dead rubber as you call it, is somewhat irrelavant, a Prem debut is a Prem debut and it was against Arsenal. Why do you feel the need to minimise what one of our talented up and coming youngsters achieved today. A youngster who may be the future of our club.

A I said, one swallow does not make a summer, but it was a great start for the lad.

Although the game was over it was refreshing to see Norwich forwards running at defenders at pace. That''s something we haven''t seen much of this season and IMO is close to the Norwich City way.

[quote user="Ray"]Well we were both there then, although re-reading what you posted, you said watched it, so not sure if you were there? Either way I also saw him get a pretty good shot away, does that fall into the category of ''ran and chased; too? He did damn good for his first time out and if making runs, tackling back, fighting for and winning the ball, getting a shot away, making himself available and passing accurately, all falls under the heading of ''ran and chased''; then I guess that is all any player ever does, the fact it was a dead rubber as you call it, is somewhat irrelavant, a Prem debut is a Prem debut and it was against Arsenal. Why do you feel the need to minimise what one of our talented up and coming youngsters achieved today. A youngster who may be the future of our club. A I said, one swallow does not make a summer, but it was a great start for the lad.[/quote]

I was at the game.

I''m not trying to "minimise" his performance. I''m just putting a bit of balance and perspective on things. As I''ve said earlier, young players always "impress".

Given how bad we''ve been this season and how quick people are to praise youngsters you could have put a sack of spuds on the edge the penalty area said it was an academy product and people would have found positives about its performance.

Loza was lively and he couldn''t have really done much better than what he did. But I''m not going to saying he played like Cristiano Ronaldo when he didn''t. Doesn''t mean I''m "minimising" him.

I couldn''t watch the game, but just watched some highlights, and watched Loza''s particular highlight a few times over. He controls it very well, turns the defender, runs at goal and gets a powerful shot (albeit with not much hint of placement!) on target. I have to say, I have never seen RVW do that all season, and that is really saying something. This was more of a Holty move.

If anyone wants to see it, I found 6min highlights of the game in HD, here:

http://hoofoot.com/?match=Norwich_City_0_-_2_Arsenal_2014_05_11

GJP,

Not sure anyone has suggested he played like Ronaldo. Also, we have had two or three sacks of spuds on the edge of the penalty area, and look where that got us!!!!

I agree with over hyping but also would want his debut to be recognised for what it was, damn good and as you say let''s see how that translates next season.

Good move by Loza - and a decent strike,  although Snoddy looks unconvinced (and thinks better about having a go) 

Think he showed that we really lacked a player with pace up front under Hughton. Adams has come in and played Redmond up front, and now Loza, we look so much more dangerous with a fast striker.

Think we need to buy one, no point in getting too excited about Loza. Youth can play its part but we need to buy some proven experienced pros to replace outgoing players.

Thing is even Hooper and Van Wolfswinkel may look fast in the league below.

I thought he did quite well, and we can now consider him an option off the bench. I certainly wouldn''t be thinking about going into next season with him as one of our main two strikers though.

Same here. He wouldn''t be the first untried 19 yr old striker to do well in the Championship. He looks to have most of the attributes, we''ll just have to hope his finishing is up to scratch.

Sorry Splutcho, for some reason I thought your 2nd sentence said "I certainly WOULD be thinking about going into next season with him as one of our main FOUR strikers though." - No idea why..!

I wasn''t at the game, nor have I seen the highlights yet, but I did see his first goal on loan by video. It was remarkable for a young man not of great physique, to run from the half way line and get through two or three fairly strong tackles before scoring with aplomb. He will only get stronger, and I hope not lose his pace. All in all he is a very encouraging prospect, and with Morris developing very well also, we could have strikers from our own academy playing for the first team in a year or two. It''s a long time since we were able to say this!