Sign in to follow this  
morty

Sherwood

Please don''t let us appoint him. Would be the absolute worst candidate from all of the names mentioned.

Funny how peoples opinions differ...I''m not overjoyed by the prospect of Malky, I would give up my season tickets if Warnock was appointed. Yet something about Sherwood seems quite appealing. I liked him as a player(I know he slagged us off when he left etc etc), but I just think he would give the job/club that nasty little edge we need, which we had with Lambert. It went out of the window with Hootun we were far too nice!!!

You people are mental. Sherwood has a great record, plays good attacking football, talks a good game re: bringing through youth players, and will clearly have something to prove after being shafted by Spurs.

And really? "a bad loser"? Surely thats exactly what you want out of a football manager, someone who hates to lose and wants to win every match, something we could have done with in the last 2 seasons.

Sherwood''s % stacks up well with the best of their managers.

I''m not saying we should get him, but trying to make out he''s rubbish is just ignorant.

He needs to go directly from the Spurs training ground into a media training facility where they can make him look a bit less of clown, then he''ll be ok.

[quote user="Private Frazer"]Sherwood''s % stacks up well with the best of their managers.

I''m not saying we should get him, but trying to make out he''s rubbish is just ignorant.[/quote]I agree.But he isn''t the man to manage Norwich City in the Championship.

I don''t understand why people thing Sherwood is a bad idea. The guy is a natural leader and will bring some backbone into the side. Who cares if he upsets one or two sensitive people along the way. Do you think Pulis is any different? Or Ferguson was any different?

[quote user="Michael Starr"]I don''t understand why people thing Sherwood is a bad idea. The guy is a natural leader and will bring some backbone into the side. Who cares if he upsets one or two sensitive people along the way. Do you think Pulis is any different? Or Ferguson was any different?[/quote]No experience of managing in the Championship.Unlikely to have any idea of players he would want to recruit for a season in the Championship.He''s a bit of a knob.

Publicly criticising your players and throwing around clothing in a strop isn''t being a "natural leader" sorry to disappoint. In fact it''s totally the opposite to good leadership.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]If he brings Adebayor and a couple of Spurs best youngsters then i''ll take him :-P[/quote]

Harry Kane - come on down

Seems some people are making out they don''t want Sherwood because he "isn''t a very nice man" as such.

Why do people always want Norwich to be associated with this "nicey nice" attitude? Who cares if someone comes in and shakes things up a bit? Being a "family club" doesn''t have to extend to the attitude of the manager too!

If someone can come in and do the job, I don''t care if they say up yours to the fans as long as we''re winning games!

I''m not saying I''d put Sherwood as our first choice, but he has actually done very well at Spurs so I find the criticisms quite astounding.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Michael Starr"]I don''t understand why people thing Sherwood is a bad idea. The guy is a natural leader and will bring some backbone into the side. Who cares if he upsets one or two sensitive people along the way. Do you think Pulis is any different? Or Ferguson was any different?
[/quote]

No experience of managing in the Championship.

Unlikely to have any idea of players he would want to recruit for a season in the Championship.

He''s a bit of a knob.
[/quote]

Anyone who allegedly got done for fly-tipping in the countryside when he was at Norwich and was thick enough to get caught because he left his name and address in the rubbish is just the sort of intelligent managerial appointment we need.

Sherwood has lost too many games for me when he should have been able to get a draw, also publicly criticising players is very rarely a good thing either.

So managers, who are at the mercy of their players, are not supposed to publicly criticise them when they don''t respect you.

Many Spurs players showed their contempt for him on the pitch and he responded at the press conferences.

Players who have won nothing compared to someone who did is a good basis for the no hopers that AVB brought in showing him every respect.

I am not sure whether he is the right man. Who is? And what is the difference between the Prem and the Championship? Should Burnley and Leicester replace their managers if that is the criteria?

Tim Sherwood had a winning record but came up short against the top teams. But isn''t that likely to happen anyway?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Michael Starr"]I don''t understand why people thing Sherwood is a bad idea. The guy is a natural leader and will bring some backbone into the side. Who cares if he upsets one or two sensitive people along the way. Do you think Pulis is any different? Or Ferguson was any different?[/quote]No experience of managing in the Championship.Unlikely to have any idea of players he would want to recruit for a season in the Championship.He''s a bit of a knob.[/quote]Did Lambert have Championship experience? Likes the sound of his own voice granted, but I find his honesty refreshing. I agree there is an element of risk that he might "Di Canio" the situation but he has done a very solid job at Spurs.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Sherwood has lost too many games for me when he should have been able to get a draw, also publicly criticising players is very rarely a good thing either.[/quote]He lost 6 out of 22 games, averaging 1.91 points a game. Aside from losses to us and West Ham, the other 4 losses were against Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool, all clubs that spend considerably more than Spurs.

If he''s such a great leader and fantastic manager, why did the players all have "contempt" for him?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]I wasn''t keen before, but then this interview nailed for me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27367771

What a tool.[/quote]1.91 points per game is enough to get a Champions League place in the majority of seasons. He also says things like this:[quote]"Homegrown players at Liverpool are

embraced," he said. "They love homegrown players at Liverpool Football

Club. Tottenham fans like signings. Ledley King is a legend here but it

took him a lot of time to achieve that. Look at the other homegrown

players. Do they get much time? Do they get a lot of pressure? Harry

Kane scored three in three. But if he has not scored in half an hour

they are still singing Robbie''s [Roberto Soldado''s] name to come on. It

is very difficult.

"I don''t think anyone looks at youth enough in

the English game and it''s too easy to say these kids aren''t good enough.

Well, actually there are some good kids out there. What they need is an

opportunity and for someone to recognise what an opportunity is. To

send a kid on when the fourth official puts his board up and say,

''Change the game for me'' is not an opportunity. They need to be given a

chance to be poor then a little bit better and then they become good.

"And

in the end your homegrown players will always be your best players.

Look at the Gerrards, the Carraghers, the Nevilles and the like. Always

the best players for their clubs. They''re not going to be your Ronaldos,

flash-in-the-pan fantastic players who are going to leave after two or

three years … but I don''t think foreign managers give that opportunity

to young players."[/quote]

Which I''m sure pretty much everyone on here would agree with.