Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Go get Uwe

I have thought for a while that the ideal replacement for Hughton would have been Uwe Rosler who did very well at Brentford and has done a good job of picking Wigan up. I thought the chance had gone with our Board sticking with Calamity Chris. However with Wigan losing last night we may be able to tempt him away, surely we must be able to make a case that we have more potential and a good crop of youngsters with a full ground every week to make it attractive. A Rosler/Adams combo would be a good option in my view.

Why would he leave a club with similar promotion chances, similar parachute payments, similar quality of players? It''s just not going to happen. We need to stop thinking we''re dropping in this league to be some sort of giants. Doesn''t matter where we''ve been the last three years, now we''re just one of about ten similarly sized clubs with similar chances of going back up.

I doubt he''d leave Wigan, a club in a decent financial situation plus I imagine his family are still up north after his stint at Man City.

but wigan aren''t going anywhere, they''re a small club (no offence to them, that not me saying we''re a big big club) with a better budget, better players to start with. It depends how ambitious he is, if he''s like lambert then he''ll see we have more potential and make the move, if he''s like most managers then he''ll stay

Wigan had a decent run in the Prem, but I would have thought we can make a very good case to him for having more long term potential. Much would depend on what compensation would be required and whether he regards what he is doing there as a "project" as many managers seem to these days. But in terms of ambition I don''t see that we should be afraid of this sort of move if we think it is the right one. Sadly I doubt it is even in the minds of the Board.

Like splutcho says, I don''t think we''re significantly better as a prospect for Rosler than his current club. He seems to be enjoying Wigan, he''s been given money, and I don''t see why he''d jump ship to us. Say it was a club like Villa (apologies to touchy fans who that will annoy) or Newcastle coming down - then I''d say he''d think about leaving for one of those. But we''re not quite in that bracket. Almost but not quite!

I think he overly enjoys camera attention on the touchline and I wasn''t wildly impressed with Wigan''s unsuccessful attempt to defend deep and invite pressure in a game they really should have gone on to win. 

Tried to defend a 1-0 lead from the 9th minute last night and Wigan ended up beaten and looking pretty clueless , better than some names mentioned though but highly unlikely to leave Wigan for Norwich.

[quote user="Norfolk Canary"]How about Grant Holt as next Norwich manger?[/quote]

you''re funny... I like you!

Would rather have Rangnick, but Rosler would suffice - both attack minded with the superb technical astuteness that pertains to Germans.

Neither will happen mind.