Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

possible new rightback

Omar Elabdellaoui, Norway international, plays his football in Bundeliga club Eintracht Braunschweig. They were recently relegated, but Elabdellaoui did well in his first season, and he has a relegation clause in his contract, meaning he can go for free if his club were relegated.

Blessed with great pace, he is young and annoying rightback. Quite low in height though, in the Garrido bracket. A definite upgrade on Martin and Whittaker.

I would be surprised if Martin or Whittaker are poached by other clubs and are probably on as good a wage as they''ll be able to attract. They''re both good enough for Championship football so we wouldn''t really need a new right back unless we get promoted next year.I''d imagine Whittaker will stay with us next year and if we fail to go promoted will probably then rejoin Rangers as they return to the Scottish Premier League. Could be wrong though.Martin, as a player who struggled to hold down a place at Peterborough United and got sold to us as a League One club, is probably wise enough to know when he''s on to a good thing and will happily remain club captain for as long as we''ll have him.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Would be very surprised if Norwich stray away from the UK for new players this summer.[/quote]

Really? Surely you only need to look at Leicester to see players from abroad can be a success in the Championship?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Would be very surprised if Norwich stray away from the UK for new players this summer.[/quote]

I reckon we''ll have done plenty of scouting abroad with relegation not likely until April, so there may be some decent names that would fit the bill. If so, we should still go for them.

This guy sounds like he could be pretty good. Maybe get him in to challenge Martin and Whittaker can cover Left back with Garrido, as Olsson will probably get a top flight move.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Would be very surprised if Norwich stray away from the UK for new players this summer.[/quote] Really? Surely you only need to look at Leicester to see players from abroad can be a success in the Championship?[/quote]

I have no doubt, but with McNally''s statement about a massive failure in the transfer window (in which Norwich mainly went overseas) I can see the scouting being much more UK based. I''d also say that many of the overseas players at Leicester brought in from other English teams - with a few obvious exceptions of course.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]I would be surprised if Martin or Whittaker are poached by other clubs and are probably on as good a wage as they''ll be able to attract. They''re both good enough for Championship football so we wouldn''t really need a new right back unless we get promoted next year.I''d imagine Whittaker will stay with us next year and if we fail to go promoted will probably then rejoin Rangers as they return to the Scottish Premier League. Could be wrong though.Martin, as a player who struggled to hold down a place at Peterborough United and got sold to us as a League One club, is probably wise enough to know when he''s on to a good thing and will happily remain club captain for as long as we''ll have him.[/quote]

Exactly, Martin needs to apply for managers PA position if he don''t want to leave the club.

I think delving into foreign leagues on the basis of stats on Fantasy Manager and some youtube clips is something we can leave in the funeral of last season.