Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Lennon Latest

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-norwich-manager-celtics-neil-3535629If the link don''t work, sorry.

Looks like they got that story from snippets on this forum.

Oh I just don''t know!

Lennon is a championship manager in my eyes so it wouldn''t be a step down for him other than the 60k attendences.

He will see us as a stepping stone but wtf.

The concern for me is whether he is good enough.

I can see two reasons why it is very unlikely that Lennon would want to go the CR.

1) As the best team in Scotland, he is virtually assured of success and European football.

2) Celtic may not e much better as a team than Norwich, but they get bigger crowds, and can pretend to be bigger.

[quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]Looks like they got that story from snippets on this forum.[/quote]That probably happens more than we realise.This is why I get annoyed when people talk utter carp here!

Lennon still has everything to prove, yes he''s done well in Scotland but let''s be honest, anyone who''s ever completed a season of Football Manager could win the SPL with Celtic. If he''d had success elsewhere first then he could probably walk in to a Premier League job, but as it is he''ll probably have to go to the Championship before he gets that chance.

The article is based on common sense rather than ITK information but if no Premier League club comes in for him (which they won''t), is he going to sit in his dead end job as a big fish in a small pond or does he want to leap into the river and swim his way to the Premier League?

Check out Neil Lennons official website at Neillennon.com Lots of black and white photo`s of NL looking moody and charismatic, buy the 2014 calendar for only £12.50More NL branded tat than you could stock a Norwich market stall withWhat a narcissistic Tw@  

The thing about Celtic is that with the best will in the world it is pretty pointless and hardly a test of a manager''s ability: it is equivalent to a lower level PL side (being generous) playing week in week out against lower level Champs sides (being generous again), and there isn''t even Rangers to worry about atm. The only thing Lennon has that is a test is champs league, but that is, what, 6 matches a season? It must be pretty boring.

If I were him I would certainly be open to a move south and I''d be ok with him as our manager.

Totally agree with that Branston.

As the article says, it will be a great statement of intent by Norwich.

Paused for two seconds to assess Mollie''s in depth opinion but nah, I would be very happy with Lennon.

What about Zola as DOS? Or am I now getting power crazy?

I have no personal preference but if was going to put money on it I would be betting on Lennon.

[quote user="skippdogg"]i hope this is true, would show we have some ambition[/quote]Would be more than happy with Lennon. Surely this has got to be a diversionary tactichttp://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/western_sydney_wanderers_head_coach_tony_popovic_emerges_as_a_shock_norwich_city_managerial_candidate_1_3598396How could we be taken seriously ? I''m sure someone said it''s Pep and Paddy just misheard.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Totally agree with that Branston.

As the article says, it will be a great statement of intent by Norwich. [/quote]

That is what people said when we got RVW........

Lennon is the unknown factor - Celtic is the ONLY team he has managed - a completely different kind of club in a largely  non competitive league.    As far as him succeeding in the English leagues, we just don''t know.  It would be a huge gamble taking him on.  The kind of football and the kind of clubs are so different - he has no experience of a competitive league.   The champion''s league is just a cup competition - which they get free entry to every year.  Quite simply, it would be folly imo to take him on at Norwich until he has had some experience managing in England first.   Any manager in a foreign competitive league  would be preferable, even a manager from an English League 1 side would be preferable imo.  

I am quite happy for Lennon to have a go in the English league - but not with us.  

[quote user="Dibs"]and if we get Lennon we might also land Samaras to feed Hooper. [/quote]

Oh yes, Samaras.   Could do it in Scotland but couldn''t do it in England.   The Scottish League has very little credibility atm.   Hooper had at least achieved in England before he went to Scotland.  Samaras wasn''t up to it.    

Actually I seem to remember Samaras doing alright over here in the PL. Also he''s a Greek international, so he can''t be that bad.

[quote user="splutcho"]Actually I seem to remember Samaras doing alright over here in the PL. Also he''s a Greek international, so he can''t be that bad.[/quote]

8 goals in 54 matches for Man City - and was inconsistent and unreliable in front of goal.  Just what we don''t need.   He may have done better at Celtic, but as we know that league is arguably equivalent of League 1.

A lot of those were sub appearances, and he never got a decent run of games, also suffered from being made a scapegoat. Anyway, he often plays wide for Celtic now so his goals aren''t the be all and end all.

[quote user="splutcho"]A lot of those were sub appearances, and he never got a decent run of games, also suffered from being made a scapegoat. Anyway, he often plays wide for Celtic now so his goals aren''t the be all and end all.[/quote]

Fair enough, but I still don''t think that success with Celtic in that League represents that much to be excited about.  Celtic are a huge club in a very small pond - any player - or manager - coming from that club is going to find it a whole lot harder in the Championship.

I''m sorry, am I seeing things?

You are an English Championship side. You''re too good for Neil Lennon?

He is a manager that has commented commendably in the Champions League for the last two seasons on a shoestring budget - and your tiny little club is too good for him?

What more experience does he need? Managing in the most overrated, overhyped and debt ridden league on the planet?

It''s laughable that you guys are even discussing him coming. Why would he give up trophies and Champions League football for a club that is deteriorating? As opposed to staying at a debt free club on the rise, with great young players coming through?

I''m sorry if I have came across as disrespectful, but the arrogance some of the Norwich support showed during the Hooper links and now this has really irked me.

I look forward to watching Neil Lennon guide us to the Last 16 for the second time in 3 years.

Undoubtedly, but on the other hand, playing there doesn''t instantly make you a bad player either.

[quote user="Champions"]I''m sorry, am I seeing things?

You are an English Championship side. You''re too good for Neil Lennon?

He is a manager that has commented commendably in the Champions League for the last two seasons on a shoestring budget - and your tiny little club is too good for him?

What more experience does he need? Managing in the most overrated, overhyped and debt ridden league on the planet?

It''s laughable that you guys are even discussing him coming. Why would he give up trophies and Champions League football for a club that is deteriorating? As opposed to staying at a debt free club on the rise, with great young players coming through?

I''m sorry if I have came across as disrespectful, but the arrogance some of the Norwich support showed during the Hooper links and now this has really irked me.

I look forward to watching Neil Lennon guide us to the Last 16 for the second time in 3 years.[/quote]

Ignore the "commented" part, not sure how that even got in there.

Samaras is a good player, one that I don''t think Norwich would be able to attract. A physical nuisance that plays somewhere between winger and forward, exactly the type of player we could have done with last season.

I do find it amazing that so many posters denigrate Celtic and Scottish football.

Celtic are a big club. Their problem is they are in Scotland.

Norwich will never be as big as Celtic. All we can crow about is beating Bayern. Their scalps are far more numerous. And they have won the ultimate prize in European football. Of course a long time ago but I''ve seem our trophy cabinet and it isn''t that big believe me.

Of course Lennon would fancy his chances if he came to us. The days of Celtic and Rangers joining the Prem are long gone. The only way he can manage a Prem club is to move to England.

He would probably be given time to get us back up and asked to get the supporters back onside at the same time.

His record appears to say he can. If he was to come it seems he would already have detractors before a ball was kicked.