Sign in to follow this  
I am Spacticus!

Lets throw this name into the hat.....

Would snap him up.

Did a great job on a very small budget at Brighton, which saw their two best players leave, not to mention the fall out after Poyet went. He had a slow start, but created an exciting team that press high and keep possession.

I think he has become available a little too late for Norwich, who if they are targetting an appointment this week have almost certainly made an offer to a candidate already.

Haven''t followed Brighton that much so don''t know enough about him. Seemed to do ok, but it''s just a hunch to say that I don''t think he''s what we need.

i was reading brighton fans views, alot didnt seem overlly bothered and some even described his football as quite negative.

Chris Hughton with a fancy name. I have a friend whose a Brighton fan. They actually spend pretty well by Championship standards, they only got to 6th while playing slow, ponderous, rigid football.

I haven''t seen Brighton play but that''s just what he tells me, on that basis alone, no thanks!

Your friend sounds like the Sussex version of Waveney. I live here and most are sad to see him go. They didn''t really spend much at all, he was frustrated by their financial limitations and lost two of their better players mid season against his will, with no real replacements. Add that to a ton of injuries and it''s a minor miracle he got them 6th.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]Chris Hughton with a fancy name. I have a friend whose a Brighton fan. They actually spend pretty well by Championship standards, they only got to 6th while playing slow, ponderous, rigid football.

I haven''t seen Brighton play but that''s just what he tells me, on that basis alone, no thanks![/quote]

my mate said the same about nigel pearson this time last year and he has just won the champs.

Bethnal, you could be right....but nothing stopping Norwich approaching him and gaining his thoughts. The delay from Norwich, to say "within a week" for an announcement fits in with his leaving Brighton......

"while playing slow, ponderous, rigid football."Some of you will get a serious reality check come August.  The whole championship plays that way!

Hand me a pistol.[quote user="Canary from the Waveney Valley"]I am coming round to a DOF of Neil Warnock and a head of coaching of Tim Sherwood[/quote]

Most of the Brighton fans I''ve seen comment on his departure state that, despite finishing 6th, the football wasn''t great to watch.If we''re going to bring someone in who plays football which isn''t overly easy on the eye, I''d rather it was Malky.