Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

russell martin

i''ve always liked the norfolk cafu and i bet he can''t believe the way his career has turned out and good luck to the bloke, but is he getting a bit big for his boots ? there was the incident after the west brom game when he said he would have "words" with anyone questioning the effort of a team who spent the last 10 minutes of a game we had to win passing it backwards and sideways... now he is offering himself in a consultancy role for the selection of a the new manager... i know he is a media friendly helpful kind of chap but sometimes i wish he''d just shut up [:$]

I think the story paints too big a picture, it is common practice to get players opinion when chosing a manager, im sure he just meant he''d help if asked his opinion just like the rest of the players.

Anyone who has played Football Manager knows that the squad can not only help with recommendations but also it improved their morale :D

Put yourself in his shoes for minute OP. How would you answer the questions he was obviously asked?

He''s clearly an intelligent bloke and I can see a role for him at the club for years to come.

im spartacus,

I bet he can believe how his career has turned out. The man is a professional''s professional and has worked damn hard to get where he is. As for getting too big for his boots, he was being interviewed because he is the player the club put forward at every opportunity (perhaps you should stop to consider why) and was asked a question, which he answered with honesty. Do you think given that the cluib puts him forward to deal with the media, the board don''t talk with him as the player''s representative at times. If they don''t then they are negligent.

What he actually said was. "If they ask me I will certainly give my opinion on what has happened this year and certain things we need to improve on. I am a player and the board will have their own ideas, but I’m sure it would help to know what has gone wrong and how we can rectify it.” Probably best to read between the lines, why do you think he said that? Pronably because they had already asked him.

IMO, RM is one of the most ''thinking'' footballers around and will one day be an excellent manager.

Difficult for him to shut up, when his employers shove him in front of the media all the time. It just goes to prove the trust they have in him to say something meaningful and, yes at times, diplomatic.

WHAT?! He''s the club captain, his duty is to show some leadership and to make himself available as the voice of the players.

Where many of the players have hidden down rabbit holes, you now want to shoot the one who stands up to help pick us up and take things forwards?!

Got nothing but admiration for him, loyal to our club, passionate and a rock for youngsters coming through.

If i was appointing a new manager then i would welcome with open arms a genuine view from the changing rooms on where past managers have gone wrong from a playing perspective and consider that criteria when appointing a new one.

Never hides and is focussed on getting us up. Exactly the type of player we need right now.