If indeed we are going to be bringing in a DOF, I would imagine such a player would be very much a Norwich man and of the older generation (hoping this doesnt mean Gunn in his ''head of player recruitment role'')

Could this be Mike Walker? Can anyone think of any ''Norwich men'' of this kind of generation likely to be a candidate?

He wouldn''t do it but someone like Dion Dublin would be amazing at that job, he''s well known and oozing charisma to entice players.

However, i think he''s very much enjoying his stint in the music biz at the moment and prefers to have many fingers in many sweet pies.

..not hairy ones, mind.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]If indeed we are going to be bringing in a DOF, I would imagine such a player would be very much a Norwich man and of the older generation (hoping this doesnt mean Gunn in his ''head of player recruitment role'') Could this be Mike Walker? Can anyone think of any ''Norwich men'' of this kind of generation likely to be a candidate?[/quote]

No reason why the DoF has to have any Norwich connection - Les Reed, probably the best example, is doing that role at Southampton and he had no previous connection to them before that. Dan Ashworth, who was excellent at WBA - resulting in Hodgson poaching him for England, was never a player at WBA (although was a player at Norwich).

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]He wouldn''t do it but someone like Dion Dublin would be amazing at that job, he''s well known and oozing charisma to entice players.

However, i think he''s very much enjoying his stint in the music biz at the moment and prefers to have many fingers in many sweet pies.

..not hairy ones, mind.[/quote]Although he did say earlier this season (last season? when does the season officially finish?) that he would consider getting involved in football management with Norwich. It would be a great choice. Moo