Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

How about a woman as manager?

Norfolk people, especially when you regard the massive majority of elderly people that go to games(the elephant in the room being ignored) are not tolerant enough for a female manager.

It''s not that they are sexist or racist or xenophobic or anything they just... Don''t trust differnece.

I know that''s a controversial thing to say but I''m confident there is truth in it.

Agree Buh, but I think you can say the same for the majority of English football clubs. Not to mention our national media is full of a*seholes and would round on her the first time we lost a game. The pressure would be immense.

Take for example Sian Massey who is probably the best assistant referee going at the moment, but has every decision, good or bad, scrutinised because she is a woman. Sad state of affairs, but sexism is far from dead even now.

Should have added that I can''t think of any obvious candidates even if we were to do different.

I reckon we should dig up thatcher and put neil wanock in her skin-like a body mask. That should put some life back in the players.

Why not a woman, especially if. following McN''s thinking, some of the administration could be taken from the manager?

If a woman is to take on managership, she would have to have had playing experience, - not impossible with the women''s leagues developing, and served an apprenticeship in junior football/ lower leagues first. While it is not impossible, I can''t see it in the foreseeable future.

It is not as improbable as you might think.   As long as she has good experience in the professional women''s game and her cv demands she gets an interview, then it is all about how she does in the interview process - and that is something anyone can excel at.   AVB (yes, I know he''s not a woman [:S] ) is reknowned for being a strong presenter at interview and seems to have got jobs purely on that.....    

If the woman is the best interviewee then the only hurdle is any residual prejudice on the board - and that is something that people who sit on boards have to be very wary of these days.  It probably won''t happen any time soon, but it could..........

Hope Powell went a bit stale towards the end of her time with England.

I think, given the respect she has throughout the game, she could make a go of it at at a Mens club...

sooner or later someone may well take the plunge...

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I reckon we should dig up thatcher and put neil wanock in her skin-like a body mask. That should put some life back in the players.[/quote]

This may well just be the most terrifying image I''ve ever had projected into my head.

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]How about a woman as manager?[/quote]Jeez!  This will have Wiz turning in his grave even before he''s dug it. [st]

I have no problem with a female manager, and in fact I would quite enjoy Norwich being the first top flight club to have one, however, we need a manager with experience, and there isn''t a female manager with enough experience at present.

[quote user="Shyster"]Believing blokes make better managers of male football teams than women does not make me a misogynist, you insufferable anus.[/quote]the sex of a person has nothing to do with it. it''s about the character, experience, and knowledge.

They need experience of the leagues in which they''re managing which no woman does have. Good god even The Guardian isn''t making an issue of this you loony lefties.

Neither do rookie male managers.

Nobody is arguing anyone appoints a female manager right now, just saying there''s no reason a woman can''t manage in the future.

[quote user="splutcho"]Neither do rookie male managers.

Nobody is arguing anyone appoints a female manager right now, just saying there''s no reason a woman can''t manage in the future.[/quote]As long as she is home in time to get the dinner on, I don''t see why not?[;)]