Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

What has this forum got right?

[quote user="ellis206"]

[quote user="Norfolk Canary"]After some of the hurtful and nasty comments from the ''inners'' at the ones who saw the writing on the wall, it''s pleasing to prove these arrogant and clueless fools wrong. Some people can''t admit they were wrong.....[/quote]

Confused here,

Pretty sure we were 5 points clear, Hughton got sacked as so many called for, we finished 3 points behind.

So how on earth can you say you were right?

Statiscally and factually you and so many of the Hughton outters were wrong.

The majority of "Hughton inners" realised that it was suicide to sack halfway through the season and that it should be done in the summer.

We were proved correct

[/quote]Good stuff[Y]

[quote user="ellis206"]

[quote user="Norfolk Canary"]After some of the hurtful and nasty comments from the ''inners'' at the ones who saw the writing on the wall, it''s pleasing to prove these arrogant and clueless fools wrong. Some people can''t admit they were wrong.....[/quote]

Confused here,

Pretty sure we were 5 points clear, Hughton got sacked as so many called for, we finished 3 points behind.

The majority of "Hughton inners" realised that it was suicide to sack halfway through the season and that it should be done in the summer.

We were proved correct

[/quote]

I was convinced that the board had decided to stick with the manager to the end of the season - it seemed the only thing they could do, having not sacked him in November or January.    Whether they lost their nerve, or got frightened into it by the crowd, or thought Hughton had lost the players, or a mixture of all three, we''ll never know, but one thing for sure -  sacking him did not work.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ellis206"]

Confused here,

We were proved correct

[/quote]

I was convinced that the board had decided to stick with the manager to the end of the season - it seemed the only thing they could do, having not sacked him in November or January.    Whether they lost their nerve, or got frightened into it by the crowd, or thought Hughton had lost the players, or a mixture of all three, we''ll never know, but one thing for sure -  sacking him did not work.  

[/quote]It was the crowd reaction after the unexpected loss to West Brom that forced the decision. As far as I could tell, he hadn''t lost the dressing room.

I''m pretty sure that if we''d kept Hughton to the end of the season, we''d still be relegated with no more points than we have now and a much worse GD; probably we''d have lost at Chelsea so we''d have been relegated then.  No one can ever be sure, but the way the team were playing in his last few games, we were so bad, especially away, that even a 0-0 draw at Chelsea would''ve been beyond us.

I think the comment on the BBC website was right - sacking Hughton was a desperation measure when it became clear we were sleep-walking into the championship.

With hindsight it needed doing in January at the very latest to give the new manager a chance to change things around, preferably earlier.  But the real rot set in when we took the lead at Villa - who have one of the worst home records - and ended up getting thrashed.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ellis206"]

Confused here,

We were proved correct

[/quote]I was convinced that the board had decided to stick with the manager to the end of the season - it seemed the only thing they could do, having not sacked him in November or January.    Whether they lost their nerve, or got frightened into it by the crowd, or thought Hughton had lost the players, or a mixture of all three, we''ll never know, but one thing for sure -  sacking him did not work.   [/quote]It was the crowd reaction after the unexpected loss to West Brom that forced the decision. As far as I could tell, he hadn''t lost the dressing room.[/quote]

If that is the case, I would say they lost their nerve - which is what I said at the time.  The presumably professional view that they took in keeping him on as long as they did was all for nothing if they gave in to the crowd.  After all, if they had taken notice of what fans were saying they would have got rid of him a lot sooner.   

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

I''m pretty sure that if we''d kept Hughton to the end of the season, we''d still be relegated with no more points than we have now and a much worse GD; probably we''d have lost at Chelsea so we''d have been relegated then.  No one can ever be sure, but the way the team were playing in his last few games, we were so bad, especially away, that even a 0-0 draw at Chelsea would''ve been beyond us.

I think the comment on the BBC website was right - sacking Hughton was a desperation measure when it became clear we were sleep-walking into the championship.

With hindsight it needed doing in January at the very latest to give the new manager a chance to change things around, preferably earlier.  But the real rot set in when we took the lead at Villa - who have one of the worst home records - and ended up getting thrashed.

[/quote]The board believed (as did I) that our home record would be enough to keep us up.Sorry to keep repeating it, but no one saw the West Brom defeat coming.There is also nothing to say that sacking him earlier would have kept us up.And all of this just proves just how futile the whole argument is really, and how pathetic people (not you) saying "I told you so" is.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ellis206"]

Confused here,

We were proved correct

[/quote]I was convinced that the board had decided to stick with the manager to the end of the season - it seemed the only thing they could do, having not sacked him in November or January.    Whether they lost their nerve, or got frightened into it by the crowd, or thought Hughton had lost the players, or a mixture of all three, we''ll never know, but one thing for sure -  sacking him did not work.   [/quote]It was the crowd reaction after the unexpected loss to West Brom that forced the decision. As far as I could tell, he hadn''t lost the dressing room.[/quote]

If that is the case, I would say they lost their nerve - which is what I said at the time.  The presumably professional view that they took in keeping him on as long as they did was all for nothing if they gave in to the crowd.  After all, if they had taken notice of what fans were saying they would have got rid of him a lot sooner.    [/quote]They didn''t lose their nerve, but what they did see was that Hughton had lost the crowd, and that there would be no advantage whatsoever of playing in a poisonous atmosphere, and that would be entirely counter productive.