Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Amoebie from Newcastle anyone ?

To some of the older posters was there not once a famous thread on here titled something like "ameobie is in the building" or something I remember seeing it and thinking it was the most hilarious thing ever!

Carl cort in asda hahaha what a classic! Better than quagillera

[quote user="Buh"]Carl cort in asda hahaha what a classic! Better than quagillera[/quote]

Why? Was he shoplifting?

Haha

"Unexpected item in Bagging area"

I swear there was another one posted on transfer deadline day that said someone was "in the building" and it was a complete frenzy "he''s in the Norfolk lounge"

I love all that transfer bollovks it really is superb, brings the best out of people. The whole "lamberts parked his car at a dodgey angle" was hilarious as well!

He would be my number one signing. Ameobi would destroy the championship! Just the sort of build we need up front.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]With Hooper upfront could work..[/quote]RVW with Hooper would be even better, just stop asking either of them to play like Andy Carroll and give them some decent supply and off we go...

What about Samaras with Hooper?

Leaving Celtic. Could he be following his manager and his former strike partner to Carrow Road?

Averages about a goal every six games. Consistently one of the worst ''strikers'' to consistently ply his trade at the top level in my opinion. If we''re going to sign an experienced striker, let''s at least sign one who scores goals! Becchio averages better than a goal every three games, we''d be better off giving him more pitch time.

You are right, buh. That was the one run by the infamous Good News Gordon (or was it Great News Gordon?). It was, indeed, hilarious. He went on about seeing the media gathering outside Carrow Road as he went past and all sorts.

[quote user="Buh"]To some of the older posters was there not once a famous thread on here titled something like "ameobie is in the building" or something I remember seeing it and thinking it was the most hilarious thing ever![/quote]

there was.. it was by "good news gordon" and for some reason people believed him!

you can use the search bar if you want a laugh...

Ah - we have come full circle - gone (for now at least) are the wistful musings about Quag, Abderw or Biglia,   we are back with the prosaic Ameobi or even Carlton Cole.

To be fair while both are hit and miss striker both out performed our woeful selection last season.  While neither set the pulses flying either would at a pragmatic solution to our striking problem and perform well in the champs adding a target man capability

Hmmm; the infamous thread appears to be this one, but there is far less input from GNG than I remember. I distinctly remember him going to town with the hoax but there is little input form him recorded here. Has it been edited or was it continued on another thread?It all happened on 19/06/2008. Is there any way to list all threads started that day?

[quote user="Chip20"]Hmmm; the infamous thread appears to be this one, but there is far less input from GNG than I remember. I distinctly remember him going to town with the hoax but there is little input form him recorded here. Has it been edited or was it continued on another thread?

It all happened on 19/06/2008. Is there any way to list all threads started that day?
[/quote]

thats the one... then there was Mel with is "he''s signing tomorrow" for Tatylor..

I cannot find the Famous "CArl Cort in Asda" thread (the original one... "Just seen Carl Cort pushing a trolley round Asda).. it MUST still be searchable though.. i''d like to read it again...

Shola would be a great championship signing. Highly rated by Pardew for his influence in the dressing room he could be another Holt like signing. Pardew actually recently described him as management material in the future. Puts people in their place if not working hard for team. Always done well against us. Experienced and a perfect foil for Hooper or RVW. Not so sure about Sammy his brother though.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Ah - we have come full circle - gone (for now at least) are the wistful musings about Quag, Abderw or Biglia,   we are back with the prosaic Ameobi or even Carlton Cole.

To be fair while both are hit and miss striker both out performed our woeful selection last season.  While neither set the pulses flying either would at a pragmatic solution to our striking problem and perform well in the champs adding a target man capability

[/quote]

I don''t think Ameobi did too much this season but Cole scored as many league goals as Hooper (only 6, of course) and did it in several less appearances.

Just been looking at the good news Gordon one absolutely hilarious! Amazing people believed it what a genius that bloke was. Looks like there were threads for days after demanding an apology from him.

The other one is in the revived threads section of this forum

"Bad news guys, if you don''t like shola you won''t like this.... Shola is in the building"

Best line ever?

That thread should be ''pinned'' as a stark reminder that we CAN NOT fall back into the shyte state of affairs we used to be in.Folks getting excited about Ameobi (Not all, mind)Potentially only a £6m transfer budget.6 (SIX!) loan signings were likely to be coming in.Ameobi AND Carroll coming in for possibly the £3.5 million. (That was brilliant!)

Dark, dark days my friends......  We do not want to be back there.......

(A lot of good missing/departed posters on there too.....)

When Roeder joined it was mooted he would get Shola Ameobi to join him at City.

We should have tried to sign him last summer while Hughton was in charge instead of either RVW or Hooper. He would have thrived in Hughtons style of play and been a much better foil than Elmander was.

We would have baulked at the time but in hindsight I reckon him instead of RVW might have made a significant difference

Also btw, Becchio isn''t a target man, nor is he mobile or good at using the ball like Amoebie. He''s a poacher, a tall poacher but one still the same. One of our biggest problems this year is we lacked a big target man outlet.

Also if we end up with Malky I''d again love to have him here. He''d be excellent in the Championship

And we would get to watch him kick ass in the world cup! He is a dexent bet at 1500/1 for the golden boot. Considering Nigeria have a reasonable group and ameobi has done well for them, it is worth a go in case he does an oleg salenko (5 goals in 1 game)