Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Elmander - what was the point ?

Have to admit I didn''t see any point to playing him. Might have played ok in last few games but very little chance of him coming back I suspect so seemed a bit pointless to me.

[quote user="greenwichcanary"]Have to admit I didn''t see any point to playing him. Might have played ok in last few games but very little chance of him coming back I suspect so seemed a bit pointless to me.[/quote]The point being playing your better players, in the hope of winning games?

[quote user="morty"]The point being playing your better players, in the hope of winning games?[/quote]So why were they on the bench (or in the stands) then???Elmander has been shocking all season, and it was simply another kick in the teeth for the likes of RVW and Hooper that he''s being selected ahead of them.

Well, at least when Elmander is playing the opposition team are actually aware we have a striker on the pitch eh Indy?

The point the many fans have made ref Hooper/RVW is that we''ve simply not played to their strengths, seemingly Adams wanted to play a different way to Hughton, but STILL insisted on having someone play as a target man instead of asking the likes of Fer, Snoddy and Howson to play smart through balls and quick balls across the area for RVW/Hooper to run onto.Nothing says "f**k you" more to our contracted players than starting a loan player over them in the final game of the season, especially when the loanee has struggled just as much as they have to provide a genuine goal threat this season...

I think I see why Elmander was played; to hold the ball up and bring others into play. However, given his lack of goals, I do wonder whether Aaron Wilbraham would have been equally as effective. And a lot cheaper!

That is so funny, held the ball up brilliantly against Chelsea, and was great against Man U, well you lot must have had a good dosage of the beer stuff, Salamander offers Nothing, how some of you cant see it is beyond me, your prob the ones who used to slag Holt off, the only reason i can see the logic in him starting on sunday was a clause in his contract that stated if he played so many times we would get our money back!!!

I''m not a big fan of Elmander. I see what he''s supposed to do, but surely every striker needs to notch at least a few goals to avoid breaking the trade descriptions act?

Next season instead of looking to hold the ball up, we''d be better off asking David Fox to chip the ball over the opposition defenders with backspin for Redmond, Josh Murphy and/or Loza to latch onto. The pace of those 3 will concern most Championship defenders...

Is he actually a real football player?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="greenwichcanary"]Have to admit I didn''t see any point to playing him. Might have played ok in last few games but very little chance of him coming back I suspect so seemed a bit pointless to me.[/quote]The point being playing your better players, in the hope of winning games?[/quote]That sounds just crazy enough to work! I was more confused why Leroy Fer wasn''t used in either the Chelsea or Arsenal game having (IMO) looked our most competent midfielder against Man Utd.Elmander, much as with Loza, was getting a game on the sheer fact that our other strikers were absolutely shocking in recent displays.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

That is so funny, held the ball up brilliantly against Chelsea, and was great against Man U, well you lot must have had a good dosage of the beer stuff, Salamander offers Nothing, how some of you cant see it is beyond me, your prob the ones who used to slag Holt off, the only reason i can see the logic in him starting on sunday was a clause in his contract that stated if he played so many times we would get our money back!!!

[/quote]

These are people that think Hooper will "score buckets" in the Championship and think Turner is a good CB. It''s hilarious.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

[/quote] These are people that think Hooper will "score buckets" in the Championship and think Turner is a good CB. It''s hilarious.[/quote]

That''s because he may, and that is because he is.

Hooper could well score shed loads in the Championship and Turner is a good centre-back.

Do you have anything else for me to easily counter before I slip into a coma?

[quote user="Shyster"]Hooper could well score shed loads in the Championship and Turner is a good centre-back.

Do you have anything else for me to easily counter before I slip into a coma?[/quote]

What did you see that makes turner a good CB is all I want to know, Let''s see how stupid you actually are...

Pretty sure idiots like you were saying Hooper would score "buckets" this year too. How''d that work out?

Yep, as I thought. No balls to answer the Turner thing other than "he just is". Seriously moronic.

You do realise the difference between "opinion" and "fact" don''t you?By definition a persons opinion can never be wrong. It can be badly formed or illogical, but never wrong.People have differing opinions, theres rarely a right or wrong.You''re welcome.It is a fact that Turner is a Premiership centre back, and it is my opinion that he should be fine in the Championship.

Next seasons back four should be Martin, Turner, Ollson and one other. Am I correct in saying Turner is now out of contract ?

[quote user="morty"]You do realise the difference between "opinion" and "fact" don''t you?By definition a persons opinion can never be wrong. It can be badly formed or illogical, but never wrong.People have differing opinions, theres rarely a right or wrong.You''re welcome.It is a fact that Turner is a Premiership centre back, and it is my opinion that he should be fine in the Championship.[/quote]

Fair enough. I''m tired of people just saying "it''s because he''s good" without anything other than that. They provide nothing. I''m fine with disagreeing with people that can justify what they think. I think he''s a middle of the table Championship defender so if that''s what you want, then yeah, fine. Personally there''s plenty of better options and if he''s out of contract and goes I''ll do a dance of joy so I no longer have to have his crap performances on a team I support.

[quote user="jaemae2"]I''ll do a dance of joy so I no longer have to have his crap performances on a team I support.[/quote]But he doesn''t play for 1p5wich does he? [:@]

Back in August, if anybody on here would have told me our final game would feature a loanee then Loza up front ahead of Hooper or RVW and I''d have laughed in their face. Wow how far did we sink.

I don''t get the Loza love. He looks pretty ordinary to me although he did actually get a shot at goal, which I''m surprised he wasn''t voted player of the season for.

Hopefully hooper will stay. 8 goals isnt the worst record. I think with a bit of bulk like ameobi next to him, Hooper would rip that league a new one.

1) Turners our best, most consistent defender. If you want reasons.

- His positioning is pretty much impeccable.

- Strong in the air

- Seems to read the game well, last season consistently made up for poor decision making and positioning of his fellow CB - hence getting PLAYERS POTS

2) Ironically, Elmander get''s so much abuse yet he''s provided more to the team and put in more of a shift than Hooper and score more goals for the team than RVW.