Sign in to follow this  
rich

huckerby injured?

my local newcastle radio commentary was slightly biased, so it didn''t mention whether it was an injury or tactical, anyone help me out.

a virus

Huckerby wanted to play, he was getting dehydrated and had to keep taking on lots of water.

Hopefully he will be fit for saturday

As well as (or possibly because of) Hux being ill, Newcastle were giving us a bit of a roasting down our left and we were lucky to survive a penalty shout when Juke Box mistimed a sliding tackle on Milner. Therefore, bringing on Jonsson probably helped us defensively - indeed, Milner got subbed eventually.   

Hux apparently had not eaten for 24 hours so amazed he lasted as long as he did.  My initial thought was that the substitution was tactical - despite Hux working hard defensively Toon were making all their chances down that flank - when Jonson came on he did very well to snuff out that threat from Milner.

Hux back to best for Sat please.

OTBC

brilliant thanks guys, like I say local commentators are useless. I''m sure huckerby will be back for saturday and can cause some more problems with those menacing runs. Its more encouraging that we seem to have a little more depth on the bench, svensson and jonsson do a good job when they come on.