Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Leroy Fer

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Just been named in 30 man provisional Dutch World Cup squad.[/quote]Well I''m putting no money on a dutch world cup win then.

Would have thought the tournament would have supplied the ball boys!

He was wasted with us. He would have done much better with some ''goal scoring'' strikers ahead of him. Don''t blame the midfield. Our useless forwards failed us this season. He''s going anyway.

He was wasted with us yes, but it was not the strikers who did that.

He was played in a very restrictive formation which gave him no space to either attack with the ball or play the ball into.

He showed early on that he is a very good player and he showed later on his frustration of playing in a system which did not give him the opportunity to progress.

As I have said about other players if they leave us, people on this forum will be saying "Why couldn''t he play like that for us?"

The answer is that the system we have played all season has made good players into bad ones in people''s eyes.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]He was wasted with us yes, but it was not the strikers who did that.

He was played in a very restrictive formation which gave him no space to either attack with the ball or play the ball into.

He showed early on that he is a very good player and he showed later on his frustration of playing in a system which did not give him the opportunity to progress.

As I have said about other players if they leave us, people on this forum will be saying "Why couldn''t he play like that for us?"

The answer is that the system we have played all season has made good players into bad ones in people''s eyes.[/quote]

Fair enough. But it''s honest to say as a midfielder; if you have no confidence in front of you; you will naturally adept your game. That, I feel is Fer''s season summed up.

Why are we victimising him? He did alright at the start of the season, got injured and struggled later on as he isn''t used to a 38 game season. If we somehow keep him, he will be colossal in the championship! He will probably get in the 23 as strootman is injured and he is the next best they have. It will be good to have one of our guys going to brazil at least! I''d be well proud if he got on and got a goal or something, no doubt a few million people would be googling our club too which can only be good. There are far bigger scapegoats than Leroy who at worst will make our club a bit of money.

Oh dear! Looks like there is no convincing you! I completely blame our negative tactics and no decent physical prescence up front for our demise. If we had had that, we would still be in the prem and fer would be getting none of this abuse.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Hope we never see the lazy c**t in a Norwich City shirt again. And you can add Bassong to that list. I wish them both nothing but consistent failure for the remainder of their careers.[/quote]

Lazy?   Are you having a laugh?    He is a quality player and has been left with too much to do, surrounded by a player who can''t pass and a winger who can''t run fast enough or track back enough to offer support.   Fer was better when Tettey was in the team - but that is  no surprise.

This newly formed ''Fer was a liability bandwagon'' is pathetic.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Hope we never see the lazy c**t in a Norwich City shirt again. And you can add Bassong to that list. I wish them both nothing but consistent failure for the remainder of their careers.[/quote]

Lazy?   Are you having a laugh?    He is a quality player and has been left with too much to do, surrounded by a player who can''t pass and a winger who can''t run fast enough or track back enough to offer support.   Fer was better when Tettey was in the team - but that is  no surprise.

[/quote]

Spot on, I would rather fer and tettey lining up than the leeds duo. 442 with a big man and hooper up front, benno and redderz out wide and we will annihilate that league.

[quote user="kirku"]This newly formed ''Fer was a liability bandwagon'' is pathetic.[/quote]Agreed.

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 13/05/2014 9:23 PM:

Oh dear! Looks like there is no convincing you! I completely blame our negative tactics and no decent physical prescence up front for our demise. If we had had that, we would still be in the prem and fer would be getting none of this abuse.

Jimmy - I can fully agree with you about the negative tactics but it was those tactics that made the players up front poor.

If you ask for just a physical presence up front take a long hard look at Elmander. He is no 8 stone weakling but the tactics used did not help him too much either.

The tactics used caused Grant Holt, after a year''s experience of the Premiership, to halve his goal tally of the previous season and, in my opinion, made him want to get out of Carrow Road.

Good players do not become poor players overnight without a reason.

He''s a good player, you can see he''s talented.

He has been inconsistent but that is probably partly because he''s adapting to a new league/country and partly because he''s ended up coming into a struggling side. And it''s probably fairly to say there have been games he could have put a little more into.

I do think it''s a real shame we haven''t been able to see more of the Fer/Tettey/Howson midfield. I think if we''d have been able to have played that more often this season we''d have scraped survival.

He''s a good player but after the 20th or so time he got tackled in a dangerous area and then just stood still disinterested and watched the player run away he''s kinda p15sed me off. He needed a much stronger and tougher manager than Hughton to set him straight. He''s definitely got a case of the billy big b0llocks for sure

I''ve said it on here before that I believe Fer is fantastic both technically and physically. However, unfortunately It seemed to me that he didn''t have the ''battling'' mentality to be scrapping in a relegation fight like he was with us.

He could easily be a great player for us next season, or (*more likely) thrive in a better Premier League team than we were last season.

On his game our best midfielder.

Not on his game and sometimes he''s a complete passenger which is probably where some of the criticism comes from.

[quote user="hogesar"]On his game our best midfielder.

Not on his game and sometimes he''s a complete passenger which is probably where some of the criticism comes from.[/quote]And to put it into context, he has just been called up for the world squad.I frankly wonder if he gets frustrated playing with players that clearly aren''t up to his standard.

Maybe, Morty.

But in which case that''s incredibly unprofessional - Gerrard has had to do the exact same for years..

Also - if he realises players aren''t up to his standard he should perhaps not only play well 1 out of 3 games - especially when he''s the most talented.

Successfully passed the ball, second most assists and won most tackles in midfield yet because he looks "disinterested" he is awful. Sod meaningful contribution let''s focus on being a headless chicken that can''t win the ball back once given away.

And its all rvws fault. You couldn''t make it up.

[quote user="hogesar"]Maybe, Morty.

But in which case that''s incredibly unprofessional - Gerrard has had to do the exact same for years..

Also - if he realises players aren''t up to his standard he should perhaps not only play well 1 out of 3 games - especially when he''s the most talented.[/quote]You cut Gerrard in half and there would be a Liverpool badge though, he would never dream of playing anywhere else.Leroy is young, and ambitious, and undoubtedly talented, and I can well imagine this season there has been more than a few times the thought "What the hell am I doing here" has run through his mind.