Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Dave Watson

After not picking Ruddy for the World Cup surely his position as our goal keeping coach is untenable.

How on earth could he favour the WBA keeper. What must ruddy be thinking.

He needs to go now!

Fairly sure it was Hodgson who had the deciding vote but feel free to make him a scape goat

Actually, he has a point: you do have to question what the point is of us employing England''s goalkeeping coach, coach to one of England''s best keepers, if that keeper then regularly gets overlooked. It just feels a bit odd to me.

The point of employing him is that he''s the best goalkeeping coach we can afford, not to get one of our keepers in the England squad.

Woy doesnt like Norwich and it his way trying to force JR out of our club to get him to further his England career.

Similar to how he treated Grant Holt.

After that debacle and the bad publicity he got, Woy knew he couldnt overlook Rickie Lambert plus he likes the South Coast area. He always looks like he enjoys the hospitality at St. Marys.

i agree with the OP he spends every week with john ruddy coaching him in the premier league and can''t make a case for him over a bloke who plays in a one team pub league... we may as get lawrence batty back and show watson the door

Forster deserves his place. It''s Foster that''s the problem - especially given what Hodgson said about John Terry and retirement

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Forster deserves his place. It''s Foster that''s the problem - especially given what Hodgson said about John Terry and retirement[/quote]may as well give carl ikeme from wolves a place he had a good season in a team that walked a league of similar standard, the forster inclusion is a joke .. until he gets his complacent @rse to the premier league he isn''t fit to clean john ruddys boots...

Dave Watson coached Ben Foster while he was at Birmingham so he is perfectly placed to know who is the better goalkeeper

Ben Foster retired. Therefore he should not be in the squad. That''s the reason Hodgson gave for not selecting Terry after all

It was Hodgson who asked Foster to come out of retirement. That''s why he was always going to be in the squad. The only issue is that Dave Watson obviously feels Forster is better than Ruddy.

AI - that is what stinks most about the whole thing, and Hodgson is shown to be a hypocrite re: his treatment of Terry - it is not a great feature for an England manager.

[quote user="Al"]It was Hodgson who asked Foster to come out of retirement. That''s why he was always going to be in the squad. The only issue is that Dave Watson obviously feels Forster is better than Ruddy.[/quote]

Yet he can''t do the same with England''s best defender - actually he point blank refused to do so. Englands defence looks extremely weak.

One of the things that really annoys me is managers who have "their boys".

Hughton with Bassong, Hodgson with Foster etc. Even Lambert was terrible for it. How can you progress if you constantly (blindly?) take the same players with you?

Dave Watson, wont be here next season he is currently in talks with Chelski & dont ask for source as not giving it.

I wonder if this could possible mean Ruddy would follow if they came in for him as in last year!!!!

I don''t think JR has looked as strong and commanding this season as he has in the past though. I still think he is a good keeper but I can understand why it was marginal. Most of the squad have looked shadows of what we know, or believe, they are capable of, and JR is no exception. At the end of the day we leaked goals like water at times, conceded seemingly regular "wonder goals" from outside the box and got relegated so I don''t see it as anything more than being unlucky in a marginal decision and a victim of our poor season.

I think the OP has a point and not because I think that our goalkeeper coach should automatically ensure that Ruddy gets picked ahead of others in this situation but more because I think that Ruddy''s omission in these circumstances could lead to a strained relationship. Ruddy made a comment in his interview yesterday about how "it doesn''t sit well" and also alluded to the fact that he broke into the England squad under our previous GK coach but now after two years being coached by Watson he finds himself out of the World Cup. There is clearly a bit of resentment there on his part.

As others have alluded to above its the Foster selection that stinks and appears to be completely unquestioned by those outside Norfolk. Leaving aside the fact he;s a bang average keeper and Ruddy has outperformed him in the premier league anyone who makes themselves unavailable for England should never again be considered for selection.

I am just glad Ruddy seems a decent bloke with his head screwed on. We should look after him and make him well aware of our support at the start of next season.