Sign in to follow this  
#

Who it won't be!

Lennon........no ''permission to speak'' sought yet and too expensive for our board anyway.

Malky........WBA or West Ham bound.

Sherwood. . .See above.

Whoever we go for, rest assured, it''ll be the cheapest option.

Don''t think many would be disappointed if it wasn''t Lennon, McKay or Sherwood. First two lacking in what is needed to take this club where we want to be and the last one a reminder of managers past who are ex-Spurs.

Sherwood had I believe a 52% win rate at Spurs.......Hooton had a 23% win rate with us.

Think it''ll be Adams alongside this newly created position as Director of Football/Technical Director the one they are currently recruiting for-and he''ll be the proverbial ''wise old head'' that no-one has yet thought of, much as West Brom have done the same getting Terry Burton in for a similar role over whoever they appoint.

Which rules just about everyone out apart from Neyul. So I expect Neyul and A.N.Other at the press conference tomorrow.

Sherwood was 59% albeit in a handful of games compared to other managers. He also had a loss percentage of about 35% which at a team like Spurs is excruciatingly poor.

I''m with OS. I think it will be Neeyul and a new DOF we''ve probably never considered anywhere on here.

I think we could have got lennon if we had stayed up.

Sherwood, I suspect will be viewed as inexperienced. (in the sense that Adams has been in charge of the club for 5 games and will have planned his vision for next season more thoroughly)

Mackay will no doubt be a firm favorite, but i suspect he will have his head turned by the lure of premier league status and head to west brom.

If the board have decided that they want the fresh face of an outsider then i suspect that he is their first choice though.

[quote user="Kirkstall Yellow"]I''m with OS. I think it will be Neeyul and a new DOF we''ve probably never considered anywhere on here. I think we could have got lennon if we had stayed up. Sherwood, I suspect will be viewed as inexperienced. (in the sense that Adams has been in charge of the club for 5 games and will have planned his vision for next season more thoroughly) Mackay will no doubt be a firm favorite, but i suspect he will have his head turned by the lure of premier league status and head to west brom. If the board have decided that they want the fresh face of an outsider then i suspect that he is their first choice though.[/quote]

Choosing Adams has Delia''s fingerprints all over it.........we''ll be back to a Gunn situation.

I''m inclined to agree Wiz. Its the ''nice'' option. No doubt Adams will have a very enthusiastic outlook on the future and that will swing a few members of the board. And he''ll be the cheap option too. The big danger is that Adams will find himself out of his depth very quickly in the championship when things don''t go according to plan. Perhaps a manager with more championship experience would be a more suitable candidate. (Not Warnock!!!)

I suspect McNally will be attempting to steer the board in the direction of an outside appointment.

I''ve got my fingers crossed McNally will pull off another Lambert-esque stroke of genius.

As much as I like Adams, I have to agree with WIZ, it would be the soft cheap option.

I believe we need a Malky, history of success at this level.

If it is Adams, I will cry. Surely we learned the hard way in 2009 that appointing a club legend in a desperate attempt to survive, watching them flop, then giving them the job permanently is a recipe for disaster?But still, it could be worse, useless journeymen such as McLeish and Megson are out there somewhere.

Yep, agree with Kirkstall and Wiz.

We may all yet be very wrong but it does feel as if they are ready to appoint Neil and soften the blow (or whatever else) by insalling someone over him with the requisite experience and know how-the club statement will point out that "Neil and his coaching team will be able to focus 100% on the team and coaching, doing everything they can to get this great club back where it belongs, the Barclays Premier League", in addition, they''ll be struck by his "enthusiasm and passion" for the club adding that, "...although we spoke to many candidates, Neil stood out with his.." & etc.

I know its cynical but it just feels the way we are going, especially, again, with all this talk of the DOF.

I thought our managerial pattern was ''nasty manager-nice manager'', maybe its ''club legend-nasty manager-nice manager-club legend'' instead?

Its obvious its Adams and not Lennon or even someone with experience.

More years in the wilderness.

He''s still 8/1 at Coral – if you''re that sure, I suggest you stick a ton on it and make yourself a tidy profit.

Wiz - "Whoever we go for, rest assured, it''ll be the cheapest option."

What a load of rubbish. We paid a couple of £m compensation for Hughton & Co, plus paid him a decent salary c.£1.6m

It''s clearly going to be Malky or Lennon and I can only hope it''s Malky. But in either case, they won''t come cheap. Malky''s obviously chucked-in his compensation case against Cardiff as he''s about to accept a job, so if he''s coming to us (which I think he is) then it will be because he''s getting paid properly by us.

There''s plenty to criticise at Norwich over the last 12 months, but financial clout isn''t one of them.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Its obvious its Adams and not Lennon or even someone with experience.

More years in the wilderness.

[/quote]
We''re doomed! DOOMED!
May as well just hang ourselves and give up now.

Wiz - "Choosing Adams has Delia''s fingerprints all over it.........we''ll be back to a Gunn situation."

I find it very hard to believe it will be Adams for the very reason you say it will. Delia & Co had their fingers burned with Gunn. I''ll be very surprised if they do the same with Adams and they''ll be keen to protect him so he can be the manager in waiting.

I have to say, I was really impressed by Adams, as were a lot of non-NCFC friends. He talked a lot of sense and got a good shift out of the players for the most part.

I don''t think it will be Adam''s - as much as anything I think a team of people are required and even if his coaching abilities are trusted I''m not sure he offers this?

I doubt it is Lennon, Celtic would have been screaming all over the press. I think the board may fear he would use us as a stepping stone, maybe Sherwood falls under this category too.

I would say Malky or Di Matteo, I don''t think the board will be sentimental, they also employed Hughton with the aim of club stability and having a manager in place for a long period. I would take Di Matteo, not sure if he will take us?

You are such a pr ick Wiz, f uck me 4 weeks ago you stated Adams was the new messiah now he''s the cheap option who will keep us in the wilderness for years. You really are the biggest bell end that ecer was.

[quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]You are such a pr ick Wiz, f uck me 4 weeks ago you stated Adams was the new messiah now he''s the cheap option who will keep us in the wilderness for years. You really are the biggest bell end that ecer was.[/quote]

... and yet you all keep replying to him...

ignore it and it goes away.

I know Jas, I should have learned by now really.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]You are such a pr ick Wiz, f uck me 4 weeks ago you stated Adams was the new messiah now he''s the cheap option who will keep us in the wilderness for years. You really are the biggest bell end that ecer was.[/quote]

... and yet you all keep replying to him...ignore it and it goes away.[/quote]

He''s gone away several times jas.......but he keeps coming back. [:S]

Wiz''s rants are certainly getting more frequent, combined with his usual flip-flopping.

Days ago it was how Malky would have us relegated by November, now he won''t come here because the boards too cheap......

Next season is a HUGE season for the future of our football club. If a rookie is placed in charge I will be furious. We need experience on the bench and in the thick of the action, not in the stands watching from a VIP lounge in a cosy director of role.

He''s basically the complete loser. Somehow thinks he is ''winning'' by deliberately annoying other posters, and purposefully not providing any evidence or logic to support any of ''his'' extremely warped, and ever-changing, views.

Is it better or worse that I think he actually does support Norwich as well?

I think everyone had one at school. You know, the ginger spotty fellow that ate his lunch crouched awkwardly in the corner of the playground. The one with the incredibly over-sized rucksack and the tin-foiled soggy sandwiches. The one who would pick his nose and eat his findings in the plain site of every other student. The one who would always forget his PE kit and end up wearing the slightly-smelly clothes provided from the lost property cupboard. The one who would be issued with goalkeeper role by default during every kick-about match because nobody else wanted to. The one who even the teachers would pick on because they knew that would get every other student on board. Everyone''s lowest common denominator. Bottom of the food chain. The complete loser. 

Wiz, to you I say, go outside, embrace the world, take a walk, admire the scenery, get a f**king hobby

Of course, now that I''ve taken the time to write this out I''ve lost the game, haven''t I?

You all miss the point with The Wiz

A third of the time I agree with him

A third of the time I am on the fence

A third of the time I totally disagree with him

That''s all on one thread and me keeping the same opinion!

His threads are more read and argued over than any others

Takes most comments in good part (except the really nasty ones) and keeps us all with a barometer of sanity to go by!(As long as I am not as mad as Wiz I am sane for the day)

Good luck to the old lad and long may he agrevate all in sundry.[:D]