Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

End of Season Dinner

''The Norwich Way'' is a slick possession based passing game which is attractive to the eye, a la Swansea or Southampton. This is being taught and emphasised across the Norwich academy and hopefully integrated into the first team as well. It is not so much an evaluation of how Norwich have played in the past, moreso how we wish the club as a whole to play across all age ranges up to first team.

I''m surprised to read some posters believe that the first team manager will be told how to play, ''The Norwich Way'', as each manager has their own style. I would more imagine the board would choose a manager comfortable in playing this style or experienced in playing in this modern style.

[quote user="GPB"]

Some other snippets, Bradley isn''t leaving, Snoddy swerved the question, Wes isn''t going to Villa, and the players were well drilled and very polite. Olsson was brilliant and wants to stay, and loved working under Allardyce. RVW was great I thought, all things considered.

[/quote]

I think that is the key,  most saying that are happy to stay are following the standard line,  but I expect many will be looking for their agents to find alternative clubs to avoid the drop in wages relegation brings.

Anyone aware of how well Olssons op on his right shoulder went yesterday? 

If there is a Norwich way, other fans would be able to define what way that it is (I.e. Swansea, arsenal, barca, ...). I agree with purple canary, throughout the 80''s & mid 90''s you could have made a case for the Norwich way, but not over the last 20 years.

It just says the board didn''t like the way hughton''s played, an attempt to disassociate themselves and lacking a little dignity in my view. If they didn''t like it they should of acted sooner, not like it changed over 2 years.

[quote user="Europe_93"]If there is a Norwich way, other fans would be able to define what way that it is (I.e. Swansea, arsenal, barca, ...). I agree with purple canary, throughout the 80''s & mid 90''s you could have made a case for the Norwich way, but not over the last 20 years.

It just says the board didn''t like the way hughton''s played, an attempt to disassociate themselves and lacking a little dignity in my view. If they didn''t like it they should of acted sooner, not like it changed over 2 years.[/quote]I think the trouble is that it did change over the two seasons, and that what we ended up with, which simply didn''t work, was something Hughton had worked towards. Hence in part the board''s inaction.Last season there were admirable performances that were essentially defensive, but with fast counter-attacks. Particularly the home wins against Arsenal and Man Utd.But this season, and Parma Ham was excellent in explaining this, the aim was still to defend but not to hit teams on the break. Instead the idea when we won the ball was to attack very slowly, in a rigid formation, and hope we would somehow wear the opposition down before we gave the ball away. The theory might have been OK but in practice it was hopelessly flawed. Football that was not just defensive but craven as well.