Sign in to follow this  
portman_king

So we meet again...

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Portman-king, when we arrive by train, will that big sign of Chopra be still there saying "Welcome to Ipswich"!! Because that says it all!!![/quote]Nope. It was changed 12 months ago.Next question.

You may be a bit premature coming on here to pick the bones pk.  If WBA win tonight,  you may have to reconsider. 

Just as a matter of interest, if we do go down,  what do you think the chant will be when we visit Portaloo Rd?    It may have a 5 in it somewhere, after all memories are a wonderful thing.  Or it could have a 4 in it, or a 9 - nice big numbers.........

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="zemas tendon"]Portman-king, when we arrive by train, will that big sign of Chopra be still there saying "Welcome to Ipswich"!! Because that says it all!!![/quote]Nope. It was changed 12 months ago.Next question.[/quote]Who to?I don''t think I could actually name one of your players.

[quote user="lake district canary"]You may be a bit premature coming on here to pick the bones pk.  If WBA win tonight,  you may have to reconsider. 

Just as a matter of interest, if we do go down,  what do you think the chant will be when we visit Portaloo Rd?    It may have a 5 in it somewhere, after all memories are a wonderful thing.  Or it could have a 4 in it, or a 9 - nice big numbers.........

[/quote]I won''t really care what the chant will be, I''ll be focusing on getting revenge on the pitch. After all, you lot keep telling us to focus on the here and now rather than history, right?

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"]You may be a bit premature coming on here to pick the bones pk.  If WBA win tonight,  you may have to reconsider. 

[/quote]I won''t really care what the chant will be, I''ll be focusing on getting revenge on the pitch. After all, you lot keep telling us to focus on the here and now rather than history, right?[/quote]I thought you were going?Surely you must be due back on TWTD, bragging about you have been here and "owned" us?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"]You may be a bit premature coming on here to pick the bones pk.  If WBA win tonight,  you may have to reconsider. 

[/quote]I won''t really care what the chant will be, I''ll be focusing on getting revenge on the pitch. After all, you lot keep telling us to focus on the here and now rather than history, right?[/quote]I thought you were going?Surely you must be due back on TWTD, bragging about you have been here and "owned" us?[/quote]A guy can multi-task (contrary to popular belief). Although I do have some work to do to pay the bills.I''m guessing you errr... don''t? Twenty THOUSAND posts. My my.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"]You may be a bit premature coming on here to pick the bones pk.  If WBA win tonight,  you may have to reconsider. 

[/quote]I won''t really care what the chant will be, I''ll be focusing on getting revenge on the pitch. After all, you lot keep telling us to focus on the here and now rather than history, right?[/quote]I thought you were going?Surely you must be due back on TWTD, bragging about you have been here and "owned" us?[/quote]A guy can multi-task (contrary to popular belief). Although I do have some work to do to pay the bills.I''m guessing you errr... don''t? Twenty THOUSAND posts. My my.[/quote]So are you going or not?Yes, twenty thousand posts in 11 years talking about a club I support, on their forum.And zero posts on any other football forums.Whats up fella, your own fans not like you or something?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"]You may be a bit premature coming on here to pick the bones pk.  If WBA win tonight,  you may have to reconsider. 

[/quote]I won''t really care what the chant will be, I''ll be focusing on getting revenge on the pitch. After all, you lot keep telling us to focus on the here and now rather than history, right?[/quote]I thought you were going?Surely you must be due back on TWTD, bragging about you have been here and "owned" us?[/quote]A guy can multi-task (contrary to popular belief). Although I do have some work to do to pay the bills.I''m guessing you errr... don''t? Twenty THOUSAND posts. My my.[/quote]So are you going or not?Yes, twenty thousand posts in 11 years talking about a club I support, on their forum.And zero posts on any other football forums.Whats up fella, your own fans not like you or something?[/quote]I think that''s the pot calling the kettle black by the looks of it?And no, I merely came on here to converse with local rivals. I have social skills you see, and don''t just feel the need to speak with ''my own''. I know Norfolk can be very insular though.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"]You may be a bit premature coming on here to pick the bones pk.  If WBA win tonight,  you may have to reconsider.  Just as a matter of interest, if we do go down,  what do you think the chant will be when we visit Portaloo Rd?    It may have a 5 in it somewhere, after all memories are a wonderful thing.  Or it could have a 4 in it, or a 9 - nice big numbers......... [/quote]I won''t really care what the chant will be, I''ll be focusing on getting revenge on the pitch. After all, you lot keep telling us to focus on the here and now rather than history, right?[/quote]

History is history, right enough, but one thing about history is that you can''t change it and given our club''s history over the last ten years, four of which have been in the top flight with two promotions on top of that, I think history is a good indicator in this case.   We''ll be focussed alright, don''t you worry - or perhaps you should worry, imagine what another big defeat at our hands will do to your club''s morale.....if it has any left.   I suppose we ought to thank ITFC, after all those six points you rolled over to let us have last time we met, didn''t half help.......

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"]You may be a bit premature coming on here to pick the bones pk.  If WBA win tonight,  you may have to reconsider.  Just as a matter of interest, if we do go down,  what do you think the chant will be when we visit Portaloo Rd?    It may have a 5 in it somewhere, after all memories are a wonderful thing.  Or it could have a 4 in it, or a 9 - nice big numbers......... [/quote]I won''t really care what the chant will be, I''ll be focusing on getting revenge on the pitch. After all, you lot keep telling us to focus on the here and now rather than history, right?[/quote]

History is history, right enough, but one thing about history is that you can''t change it and given our club''s history over the last ten years, four of which have been in the top flight with two promotions on top of that, I think history is a good indicator in this case.   We''ll be focussed alright, don''t you worry - or perhaps you should worry, imagine what another big defeat at our hands will do to your club''s morale.....if it has any left.   I suppose we ought to thank ITFC, after all those six points you rolled over to let us have last time we met, didn''t half help.......

[/quote]Football is cyclical. You''ve had your moment in the sun... we''re steadily building a team to make us very competitive at this level. Category 1 status for our Academy to follow this summer will mean we can blood more of our youngsters too. Not quite sure why you have a Category 1 academy, after all it''s not often you blood any kids of your own is it?

And of course you just didnt fancy conversing with your local rivals for the last three seasons........lol.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"]You may be a bit premature coming on here to pick the bones pk.  If WBA win tonight,  you may have to reconsider.  Just as a matter of interest, if we do go down,  what do you think the chant will be when we visit Portaloo Rd?    It may have a 5 in it somewhere, after all memories are a wonderful thing.  Or it could have a 4 in it, or a 9 - nice big numbers......... [/quote]I won''t really care what the chant will be, I''ll be focusing on getting revenge on the pitch. After all, you lot keep telling us to focus on the here and now rather than history, right?[/quote]History is history, right enough, but one thing about history is that you can''t change it and given our club''s history over the last ten years, four of which have been in the top flight with two promotions on top of that, I think history is a good indicator in this case.   We''ll be focussed alright, don''t you worry - or perhaps you should worry, imagine what another big defeat at our hands will do to your club''s morale.....if it has any left.   I suppose we ought to thank ITFC, after all those six points you rolled over to let us have last time we met, didn''t half help.......[/quote]Football is cyclical. You''ve had your moment in the sun... we''re steadily building a team to make us very competitive at this level. Category 1 status for our Academy to follow this summer will mean we can blood more of our youngsters too. Not quite sure why you have a Category 1 academy, after all it''s not often you blood any kids of your own is it?[/quote]

Our academy is second to none.  "FA Youth Cup winners" speaks volumes for it.   However, keep trying.....

As for football being cyclical - well, best turn Portaloo Rd into a velodrome then..............you might attract some people to watch that......

And that about sums things up. Fans of other teams do not come onto rival forums to enjoy "jolly banter". They ultimately only really come to play " my club is better tban your club". And they wonder why they get short shrift.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"]You may be a bit premature coming on here to pick the bones pk.  If WBA win tonight,  you may have to reconsider.  Just as a matter of interest, if we do go down,  what do you think the chant will be when we visit Portaloo Rd?    It may have a 5 in it somewhere, after all memories are a wonderful thing.  Or it could have a 4 in it, or a 9 - nice big numbers......... [/quote]I won''t really care what the chant will be, I''ll be focusing on getting revenge on the pitch. After all, you lot keep telling us to focus on the here and now rather than history, right?[/quote]History is history, right enough, but one thing about history is that you can''t change it and given our club''s history over the last ten years, four of which have been in the top flight with two promotions on top of that, I think history is a good indicator in this case.   We''ll be focussed alright, don''t you worry - or perhaps you should worry, imagine what another big defeat at our hands will do to your club''s morale.....if it has any left.   I suppose we ought to thank ITFC, after all those six points you rolled over to let us have last time we met, didn''t half help.......[/quote]Football is cyclical. You''ve had your moment in the sun... we''re steadily building a team to make us very competitive at this level. Category 1 status for our Academy to follow this summer will mean we can blood more of our youngsters too. Not quite sure why you have a Category 1 academy, after all it''s not often you blood any kids of your own is it?[/quote]

Our academy is second to none.  "FA Youth Cup winners" speaks volumes for it.   However, keep trying.....

As for football being cyclical - well, best turn Portaloo Rd into a velodrome then..............you might attract some people to watch that......

[/quote]I''m well aware you won the Youth Cup last year. But just how many of these will actually become first team players? Let''s be honest, if we''re looking for the club that has had a consistent conveyor belt of homegrown talent in the Eastern region in the last 15-20 years then ITFC is the place to look.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lake district canary"]You may be a bit premature coming on here to pick the bones pk.  If WBA win tonight,  you may have to reconsider.  Just as a matter of interest, if we do go down,  what do you think the chant will be when we visit Portaloo Rd?    It may have a 5 in it somewhere, after all memories are a wonderful thing.  Or it could have a 4 in it, or a 9 - nice big numbers......... [/quote]I won''t really care what the chant will be, I''ll be focusing on getting revenge on the pitch. After all, you lot keep telling us to focus on the here and now rather than history, right?[/quote]History is history, right enough, but one thing about history is that you can''t change it and given our club''s history over the last ten years, four of which have been in the top flight with two promotions on top of that, I think history is a good indicator in this case.   We''ll be focussed alright, don''t you worry - or perhaps you should worry, imagine what another big defeat at our hands will do to your club''s morale.....if it has any left.   I suppose we ought to thank ITFC, after all those six points you rolled over to let us have last time we met, didn''t half help.......[/quote]Football is cyclical. You''ve had your moment in the sun... we''re steadily building a team to make us very competitive at this level. Category 1 status for our Academy to follow this summer will mean we can blood more of our youngsters too. Not quite sure why you have a Category 1 academy, after all it''s not often you blood any kids of your own is it?[/quote] Our academy is second to none.  "FA Youth Cup winners" speaks volumes for it.   However, keep trying.....As for football being cyclical - well, best turn Portaloo Rd into a velodrome then..............you might attract some people to watch that......[/quote]I''m well aware you won the Youth Cup last year. But just how many of these will actually become first team players? Let''s be honest, if we''re looking for the club that has had a consistent conveyor belt of homegrown talent in the Eastern region in the last 15-20 years then ITFC is the place to look.[/quote]ok - name some home grown players you''ve brought through.....  

Yes, we are all sooooo jealous of how amazing your football club is.........

[quote user="morty"]Yes, we are all sooooo jealous of how amazing your football club is.........[/quote]Why are you so childish? You sound like a 12 year old.I''m off. See you soon.

Ah marvellous it''s been such a long time and with full voice may offer up a full and hearty

FOYSC

Narcissistic moron, what sort of Protozoa needs to include ''King'' in their name when posting on another clubs website? The diagnosis would make for some intriguing reading!

What a silly childish thread from beginning to end.

I particularly enjoyed the binner''s nonsense about McCarthy being the best manager in the Chumps and the Chumps being the "most competitive league in the World." and then the other crap about the ills of being in the PL.

I like to visit TWTD often, but unlike this goon I have no need to ever post, even when things go badly for them. I have no intention of appearing churlish or somewhat lacking in grey matter as this buffoon does.

What I do read there is constant bickering about McCarthy''s boring, unadventurous style of football and I also  notice the constant frenzy when they even begin to stand the remotest chance of elevating their financially challenged side to anywhere near the ''nasty; Premier League.

TWTD can be ridiculous at times, but this clown takes the biscuit.

Will probably get totally harangued for saying so, but I had a sneaking hope that Ipswich might join us in the PL at some point as Derbys are a good laugh and it''s all East Anglia. Not sure I would have gone as far as wanting to be relegated to achieve it though!

Mick the best manager in the league?! Are you actually serious?

That''s hilarious. An average Championship manager. Nothing more, nothing less.

You might think we start on equal standings next season but the reality is:

1) We have more money

2) We have more fans, and a full ground to go with it.

3) We have a better squad.

4) You claim we have to start from the beginning again to get that squad back that got us out of the Championship. Good job we''ve got several of those players still at the club, with some welcome additions.

5) Any good player that you might be interested in -if he''s actually any good - chances are we will be to. And we''re the much better attraction. We can pay more, have a nicer city, better ground, more fans - and have just come down from the Premier League.

So...see you next season [:)]

Can''t believe the reactions of some posters towards the OP, for what was a legitimate question. For a rival fan I thought his post was quite reasonable.

McCarthy has already stated Ipswich will be shopping in the feebie market again this summer so i very much doubt we would be interested in anybody you were chasing .

I wonder if you''re this much of an @rsehole in person, I very much doubt it, so run along and stop embarrassing yourself. You''re an ipswich town fan, you belong in the championship, its fine, we on the other hand seem to be one of these yo yo clubs that have excitement and unpredictability. You have dracula as your manager, many of the you scammers live up to your name unfortunately, you have a disloyal fan base and your club is in debt. Whichever way round you want to look at it, your club is still pretty pointless and stagnating, like a confused ant wandering over a paving slab.

Posted in August 2010 : -

[quote user="portmanking"]Eh? I have stated all along that we will be

spending good money on good players that are capable of going straight into the

starting XI - and that we have done...We now have a core squad of 20+

and all are capable of playing at first team level and have earned the right.

I personally think the joke will be on you

come May - we certainly look like a team that doesn''t like to get

beat.
[/quote]

Welcome back Portmanking...

[quote user="portman_king"]So we meet again...[/quote]You must have a short memory, old son.  We meet every Wednesday when you do my bins.

[quote user="portman_king"]Thought it would only be right to resurrect my alias given your impending return to the second tier. I trust you''ve all had a jolly good time up there? It''s not all it''s cracked up to be is it? We may be the longest-serving side in the Championship but I get value for money on my season ticket and my team has a chance of winning each week.

Answer me one question - why on earth aren''t your board copping more flack than they actually are? They''ve dithered and dallied for months about Hootun and it''s cost you dear. Surely you want answers from the people at the top?

Got a monkey on the draw tonight - you know it''s going to happen!
[/quote]

Eh?......I''m struggling to see how a fan of a club who have been in England''s top division for 5 OUT OF THE LAST 28 seasons since 1986 (compared to our 14) could possibly have any compehension of what it''s "cracked up to be".?.......get there yourselves one of these years and then come back?

I can tell your excited at getting your cup final back and filling your ground once a season again when Norwich come to town?!