Sign in to follow this  
portman_king

So we meet again...

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]2 games remaining this season we still had a chance of making the top 6.[/quote]Just shows what a poor league it is. We pissed it four years ago at the first attempt.[/quote]It''s the most competitive league in the world, that''s what it is. And if you underestimate it it''ll bite you hard... you lot know that better than us seeing as we''ve not actually left the top two divisions in more than 60 years.[/quote]Ahhhhh history lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]2 games remaining this season we still had a chance of making the top 6.[/quote]Just shows what a poor league it is. We pissed it four years ago at the first attempt.[/quote]It''s the most competitive league in the world, that''s what it is. And if you underestimate it it''ll bite you hard... you lot know that better than us seeing as we''ve not actually left the top two divisions in more than 60 years.[/quote]Ahhhhh history lol.

[/quote]Sorry you don''t have such records to be proud of... it''s understandable why you dismiss history so readily.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]2 games remaining this season we still had a chance of making the top 6.[/quote]Just shows what a poor league it is. We pissed it four years ago at the first attempt.[/quote]It''s the most competitive league in the world, that''s what it is. And if you underestimate it it''ll bite you hard... you lot know that better than us seeing as we''ve not actually left the top two divisions in more than 60 years.[/quote]Ahhhhh history lol.

[/quote]Sorry you don''t have such records to be proud of... it''s understandable why you dismiss history so readily.[/quote]

You''re not this guy, are you?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exi_o0mB9TE

How proud are you of defrauding local traders when you went into administration?

You know Morty, what I can never get over with binners like this merchant is the jealousy.

There are some decent binfolk around these parts but most are like this portaloo-king type prat.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]2 games remaining this season we still had a chance of making the top 6.[/quote]Just shows what a poor league it is. We pissed it four years ago at the first attempt.[/quote]It''s the most competitive league in the world, that''s what it is. And if you underestimate it it''ll bite you hard... you lot know that better than us seeing as we''ve not actually left the top two divisions in more than 60 years.[/quote]Ahhhhh history lol.

[/quote]Sorry you don''t have such records to be proud of... it''s understandable why you dismiss history so readily.[/quote]

You''re not this guy, are you?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exi_o0mB9TE[/quote]Nope. But feel free to carry on taking the mickey out of a lad with Down''s Syndrome. Lowlife.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]You know Morty, what I can never get over with binners like this merchant is the jealousy.

There are some decent binfolk around these parts but most are like this portaloo-king type prat.[/quote]Its embarrassingly tinpot that people like this have to desperately find something to distract them from just how awful their own team is.Just like the Leeds fans who were here in numbers in our Championship season, vanished, and are all of a sudden gobbing off again.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]2 games remaining this season we still had a chance of making the top 6.[/quote]Just shows what a poor league it is. We pissed it four years ago at the first attempt.[/quote]It''s the most competitive league in the world, that''s what it is. And if you underestimate it it''ll bite you hard... you lot know that better than us seeing as we''ve not actually left the top two divisions in more than 60 years.[/quote]Ahhhhh history lol.

You''re not this guy, are you?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exi_o0mB9TE[/quote]Nope. But feel free to carry on taking the mickey out of a lad with Down''s Syndrome. Lowlife.[/quote]I asked if it was you, I don''t believe I took the mickey.You bin dipping sister toucher.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]You know Morty, what I can never get over with binners like this merchant is the jealousy.

There are some decent binfolk around these parts but most are like this portaloo-king type prat.[/quote]Where have I said I''m jealous? I''d say I''ve been very courteous all things considered! You''ve had your moment in the sun. You''ve toppled a few big guns, made a few big money signings, it''s not paid off.You''re in a group with us and around 20 other clubs that have enjoyed the same cycle.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Fascinating to see the work of two prize bullsh*tters on this (so far) very short thread. Difficult to wok out who the real ''king'' is . I suppose, I''ll have to plump for Morty as he has such a long track record.But if PK becomes a regular on here, I do see him giving old Morts a run for his money.......[/quote]Poor Reggie, traipsing round the forum, desperate for some attention from me[:(][/quote]You are, of course, having a laugh, Morty. ''traipsing round the forum'' ????? People (inc me) cannot move for your tedious self important postings all over this place. It''s difficult to avoid . Best part of 25k offerings now. So no''traipsing'' required.No, I see potential for a real  tooth and nail bullsh*t battle between you and PK for the next few months if he decides to stick around. Sure as hell it''ll be a lot closer than the battle between ITFC and NCFC.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Fascinating to see the work of two prize bullsh*tters on this (so far) very short thread. Difficult to wok out who the real ''king'' is . I suppose, I''ll have to plump for Morty as he has such a long track record.But if PK becomes a regular on here, I do see him giving old Morts a run for his money.......[/quote]Poor Reggie, traipsing round the forum, desperate for some attention from me[:(][/quote]You are, of course, having a laugh, Morty. ''traipsing round the forum'' ????? People (inc me) cannot move for your tedious self important postings all over this place. It''s difficult to avoid . Best part of 25k offerings now. So no''traipsing'' required.No, I see potential for a real  tooth and nail bullsh*t battle between you and PK for the next few months if he decides to stick around. Sure as hell it''ll be a lot closer than the battle between ITFC and NCFC. [/quote]Bless, and you are actually latching onto an Ipswich fan, in the hope he''ll give me a hard time.You are a dreadfully sad case Reggie.....

I have to agree with you, the Premeirship is not at all what it''s cracked up to be, you end up feeding huge amounts of money on high earning prema donna''s who have little respect for the fans or the club. I really don''t know why we all look to this as being the holy grail! it''s not, it''s just a whpping ground for the big boys who are protected by the FA & Sky.

I am bored to tears with it and it doesn''t make for better football, I am so looking forward to the real crunch games, Wolves, Leeds and Binners!

I''m also looking forward to blodding some of our youth winning FA cup players, we have some great potential here and player with something to prove.

I have to say it''s uncanny how both the binners and us spent so much on two strikers with big reputations and yet not good enough for the premiership.

Bring it on BINMAN KING, even if you have Mick as the manager you will still be looking up the table to find us next season!

[quote user="GC"]Portman King, would you mind taking Morty to an Ipswich Town forum - you can have him on a bosman.[/quote]Hi fella, sorry we have our own share of people that like the sound of their own voice on our forums!I don''t really mean any harm coming on here; I have friends who are Norwich friends and post on these forums believe it or not. A bit of light-hearted banter never hurt anyone, right?

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="GC"]Portman King, would you mind taking Morty to an Ipswich Town forum - you can have him on a bosman.[/quote]Hi fella, sorry we have our own share of people that like the sound of their own voice on our forums!I don''t really mean any harm coming on here; I have friends who are Norwich friends and post on these forums believe it or not. A bit of light-hearted banter never hurt anyone, right?[/quote]Where has your light hearted banter been for the last three seasons?

[quote user="Indy"]

I have to agree with you, the Premeirship is not at all what it''s cracked up to be, you end up feeding huge amounts of money on high earning prema donna''s who have little respect for the fans or the club. I really don''t know why we all look to this as being the holy grail! it''s not, it''s just a whpping ground for the big boys who are protected by the FA & Sky.

I am bored to tears with it and it doesn''t make for better football, I am so looking forward to the real crunch games, Wolves, Leeds and Binners!

I''m also looking forward to blodding some of our youth winning FA cup players, we have some great potential here and player with something to prove.

I have to say it''s uncanny how both the binners and us spent so much on two strikers with big reputations and yet not good enough for the premiership.

Bring it on BINMAN KING, even if you have Mick as the manager you will still be looking up the table to find us next season!

[/quote]FINALLY - a reasoned, sensible response!It will definitely be nice to lock horns again. I find the Prem is almost demeaning to the bottom third of teams in the league as they all know full well that it''s anything but a level playing field. It''s very uncanny indeed - I think what it underlined for us Ipswich fans is that we have to go back to what we were best at: unearthing raw talent and nurturing it ourselves rather than buying ready-made prima donnas that simply saw us as a stepping stone to bigger things. I still remember seeing Gary Hooper''s first interview as a Norwich player and the first thing he said was how he hoped it would put him in the shop window for England - nothing about what an honour it was to play for Norwich! That said it all for me.We may look up the table at you next season, but I can assure you under Mick we''ll be a much tougher proposition than you faced under Keane and Jewell.

mork is too stupid and has his head so far up his own poop chute that he can''t see Reggie is attacking BOTH he and PK.

He''s an embarrassment to the team and to this forum. Give it a rest, you simple minded blowhard.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]FINALLY - a reasoned, sensible response!It will definitely be nice to lock horns again. I find the Prem is almost demeaning to the bottom third of teams in the league as they all know full well that it''s anything but a level playing field. It''s very uncanny indeed - I think what it underlined for us Ipswich fans is that we have to go back to what we were best at: unearthing raw talent and nurturing it ourselves rather than buying ready-made prima donnas that simply saw us as a stepping stone to bigger things. I still remember seeing Gary Hooper''s first interview as a Norwich player and the first thing he said was how he hoped it would put him in the shop window for England - nothing about what an honour it was to play for Norwich! That said it all for me.We may look up the table at you next season, but I can assure you under Mick we''ll be a much tougher proposition than you faced under Keane and Jewell.[/quote]Oddly I didn''t get a response from you about whether or not you were proud about defrauding local traders when you went into administration....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]FINALLY - a reasoned, sensible response!It will definitely be nice to lock horns again. I find the Prem is almost demeaning to the bottom third of teams in the league as they all know full well that it''s anything but a level playing field. It''s very uncanny indeed - I think what it underlined for us Ipswich fans is that we have to go back to what we were best at: unearthing raw talent and nurturing it ourselves rather than buying ready-made prima donnas that simply saw us as a stepping stone to bigger things. I still remember seeing Gary Hooper''s first interview as a Norwich player and the first thing he said was how he hoped it would put him in the shop window for England - nothing about what an honour it was to play for Norwich! That said it all for me.We may look up the table at you next season, but I can assure you under Mick we''ll be a much tougher proposition than you faced under Keane and Jewell.[/quote]Oddly I didn''t get a response from you about whether or not you were proud about defrauding local traders when you went into administration....[/quote]Because you''re frankly boring me, and your fellow contemporaries by the sounds of things.Yes, we made mistakes financially, but we weren''t the first (or the last) and we''re certainly being more responsible now. In fact we''re one of the few Championship clubs to truly champion the FFP rules.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]FINALLY - a reasoned, sensible response!It will definitely be nice to lock horns again. I find the Prem is almost demeaning to the bottom third of teams in the league as they all know full well that it''s anything but a level playing field. It''s very uncanny indeed - I think what it underlined for us Ipswich fans is that we have to go back to what we were best at: unearthing raw talent and nurturing it ourselves rather than buying ready-made prima donnas that simply saw us as a stepping stone to bigger things. I still remember seeing Gary Hooper''s first interview as a Norwich player and the first thing he said was how he hoped it would put him in the shop window for England - nothing about what an honour it was to play for Norwich! That said it all for me.We may look up the table at you next season, but I can assure you under Mick we''ll be a much tougher proposition than you faced under Keane and Jewell.[/quote]Oddly I didn''t get a response from you about whether or not you were proud about defrauding local traders when you went into administration....[/quote]Because you''re frankly boring me, and your fellow contemporaries by the sounds of things.Yes, we made mistakes financially, but we weren''t the first (or the last) and we''re certainly being more responsible now. In fact we''re one of the few Championship clubs to truly champion the FFP rules.[/quote]

Awwww, the truth about your grubby little club hurts, does it?[:(]

Portaloo king said

Where have I said I''m jealous? I''d say I''ve been very courteous all things considered!

You''ve had your moment in the sun. You''ve toppled a few big guns, made a few big money signings, it''s not paid off.

You''re in a group with us and around 20 other clubs that have enjoyed the same cycle.

Courteous you may well think you are old binner but then your disgrace of a club were very courteous when not paying their debts to local businesses Smiling assassin etc!!

Best thing was when your chairman at the time was awarded the freedom of Ipswich for his efforts!

Brilliant!

[quote user="portman_king"]Thought it would only be right to resurrect my alias given your impending return to the second tier. I trust you''ve all had a jolly good time up there? It''s not all it''s cracked up to be is it? We may be the longest-serving side in the Championship but I get value for money on my season ticket and my team has a chance of winning each week.Answer me one question - why on earth aren''t your board copping more flack than they actually are? They''ve dithered and dallied for months about Hootun and it''s cost you dear. Surely you want answers from the people at the top?Got a monkey on the draw tonight - you know it''s going to happen![/quote]They didn''t really dither to be fair, they held firm despite many protests and I think they were right to on general principle, even though it didn''t work out so well in the end. The modern habit of sacking as soon as there''s a bump in the road is terrible IMO. They only really made a move when it was pretty much clearly beyond serious hope that we''d survive. I wonder whether they did decide to replace CH because they thought the game was up anyway or whether they thought it was an opportunity to see how Adams would do in the hot seat and give Adams a good chance to assess what was needed over the Summer.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]FINALLY - a reasoned, sensible response!It will definitely be nice to lock horns again. I find the Prem is almost demeaning to the bottom third of teams in the league as they all know full well that it''s anything but a level playing field. It''s very uncanny indeed - I think what it underlined for us Ipswich fans is that we have to go back to what we were best at: unearthing raw talent and nurturing it ourselves rather than buying ready-made prima donnas that simply saw us as a stepping stone to bigger things. I still remember seeing Gary Hooper''s first interview as a Norwich player and the first thing he said was how he hoped it would put him in the shop window for England - nothing about what an honour it was to play for Norwich! That said it all for me.We may look up the table at you next season, but I can assure you under Mick we''ll be a much tougher proposition than you faced under Keane and Jewell.[/quote]Oddly I didn''t get a response from you about whether or not you were proud about defrauding local traders when you went into administration....[/quote]Because you''re frankly boring me, and your fellow contemporaries by the sounds of things.Yes, we made mistakes financially, but we weren''t the first (or the last) and we''re certainly being more responsible now. In fact we''re one of the few Championship clubs to truly champion the FFP rules.[/quote]

Awwww, the truth about your grubby little club hurts, does it?[:(][/quote]What about the truth of your South Stand which ''burnt down''? Or are you too young to know about all that?

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="portman_king"]Thought it would only be right to resurrect my alias given your impending return to the second tier. I trust you''ve all had a jolly good time up there? It''s not all it''s cracked up to be is it? We may be the longest-serving side in the Championship but I get value for money on my season ticket and my team has a chance of winning each week.Answer me one question - why on earth aren''t your board copping more flack than they actually are? They''ve dithered and dallied for months about Hootun and it''s cost you dear. Surely you want answers from the people at the top?Got a monkey on the draw tonight - you know it''s going to happen![/quote]They didn''t really dither to be fair, they held firm despite many protests and I think they were right to on general principle, even though it didn''t work out so well in the end. The modern habit of sacking as soon as there''s a bump in the road is terrible IMO. They only really made a move when it was pretty much clearly beyond serious hope that we''d survive. I wonder whether they did decide to replace CH because they thought the game was up anyway or whether they thought it was an opportunity to see how Adams would do in the hot seat and give Adams a good chance to assess what was needed over the Summer.[/quote]It was a classic case of dithering IMO.In January, your board had 2 options:a) Back Hughton to the hilt and give him additional funds to strengthenb) Sack Hughton and give a new man funds to strengthen.They did neither. You were relegated on February 1st IMO.

[quote user="portman_king"]What about the truth of your South Stand which ''burnt down''? Or are you too young to know about all that?[/quote]Ha! I reckon you believed it when the Sunday Sport said they''d found a Lancaster bomber on the moon.....

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Indy"]

Awwww, the truth about your grubby little club hurts, does it?[:(][/quote]What about the truth of your South Stand which ''burnt down''? Or are you too young to know about all that?[/quote]Seriously, you consider your conspiracy theory somehow makes as scummy as you? You really that desperate to cling onto something?

So where have you been with your jaunty, cross border banter these last three seasons then?Oh and do you remember that "hilarious" Norwich City relegation countdown clock? Pity you didn''t think of doing that this season.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Indy"]

Awwww, the truth about your grubby little club hurts, does it?[:(][/quote]What about the truth of your South Stand which ''burnt down''? Or are you too young to know about all that?[/quote]Seriously, you consider your conspiracy theory somehow makes as scummy as you? You really that desperate to cling onto something?[/quote]I''m not clinging to anything. I''m playing devil''s advocate.Enjoy this evening, anyway. I''ve got a few Adnams in the cupboard to toast the Black Cats.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Indy"]

Awwww, the truth about your grubby little club hurts, does it?[:(][/quote]What about the truth of your South Stand which ''burnt down''? Or are you too young to know about all that?[/quote]Seriously, you consider your conspiracy theory somehow makes as scummy as you? You really that desperate to cling onto something?[/quote]I''m not clinging to anything. I''m playing devil''s advocate.Enjoy this evening, anyway. I''ve got a few Adnams in the cupboard to toast the Black Cats.[/quote]Enjoy your evening, it could be a lucky one, if you can run faster than your sister.[:)]

Portman-king, when we arrive by train, will that big sign of Chopra be still there saying "Welcome to Ipswich"!! Because that says it all!!!