Sign in to follow this  
portman_king

So we meet again...

Thought it would only be right to resurrect my alias given your impending return to the second tier. I trust you''ve all had a jolly good time up there? It''s not all it''s cracked up to be is it? We may be the longest-serving side in the Championship but I get value for money on my season ticket and my team has a chance of winning each week.Answer me one question - why on earth aren''t your board copping more flack than they actually are? They''ve dithered and dallied for months about Hootun and it''s cost you dear. Surely you want answers from the people at the top?Got a monkey on the draw tonight - you know it''s going to happen!

Us - zero debt.You £82 million is it?That''ll do for a start.Oh, and I''ll just leave this here.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/20140506_193655_zps8770b68c.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/20140506_193655_zps8770b68c.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I''m sure it''s been discussed here numerous times in the past, but the ''debt'' Evans owes is to himself. It''s not to the tax authorities or a bank.Zero debt for now by the way. Let''s see how you the land really lies in 12 months given that 68% of your annual turnover was on players LAST season (i.e. before you splurged on Van Donkeydick and co.).It''s quite funny how ITFC messed up in 2001 when they had their biggest transfer budget and had overachieved - you had to copy us this year with your biggest budget didn''t you!Give me 11 players that give blood, sweat and tears for my team - that''s where you and many Prem clubs have gone wrong and clubs lose their identities as a result.[quote user="morty"]Us - zero debt.You £82 million is it?That''ll do for a start.Oh, and I''ll just leave this here.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/20140506_193655_zps8770b68c.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/20140506_193655_zps8770b68c.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

If there''s one thing I''ll look forward to if we do go down it''ll be giving that shithouse down the road another couple of batterings next season. There''s no buzz on earth like it.

How did your play off push go this season, by the way?Looks like your players don''t quite share your "blood sweat and tears" policy lol.So you owe Marcus Evans £82 million, I fail to see how thats better, but hey if its a straw you need to grasp.....

[quote user="Alex "]If there''s one thing I''ll look forward to if we do go down it''ll be giving that shithouse down the road another couple of batterings next season. There''s no buzz on earth like it.[/quote]I can assure you we''re also very much looking forward to hosting you, dear boy!We''re a much different side to the spineless collection of hotch-potch has-beens we had 3-4 years ago. Mick''s undeniably the best second tier manager around and we''ve got a fantastic work rate, desire and no less talent coming through. Football is cyclical, we''ll have our time soon.

[quote user="morty"]How did your play off push go this season, by the way?Looks like your players don''t quite share your "blood sweat and tears" policy lol.So you owe Marcus Evans £82 million, I fail to see how thats better, but hey if its a straw you need to grasp.....[/quote]It went pretty well; I''m a realistic Town fan and said beforehand that a top 10 finish this term would represent a good turnaround from where we were 12 months ago. Providing we hold on to our current crop and make a few tweaks in certain areas we''ll certainly be in great shape for a proper tilt in 2014/15.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Alex "]If there''s one thing I''ll look forward to if we do go down it''ll be giving that shithouse down the road another couple of batterings next season. There''s no buzz on earth like it.[/quote]I can assure you we''re also very much looking forward to hosting you, dear boy!We''re a much different side to the spineless collection of hotch-potch has-beens we had 3-4 years ago. Mick''s undeniably the best second tier manager around and we''ve got a fantastic work rate, desire and no less talent coming through. Football is cyclical, we''ll have our time soon.[/quote]So if he''s the best second tier manager, and you have this fantastic work rate, how come you didn''t even make the play offs?Something doesn''t quite add up here.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"]How did your play off push go this season, by the way?Looks like your players don''t quite share your "blood sweat and tears" policy lol.So you owe Marcus Evans £82 million, I fail to see how thats better, but hey if its a straw you need to grasp.....[/quote]It went pretty well; I''m a realistic Town fan and said beforehand that a top 10 finish this term would represent a good turnaround from where we were 12 months ago. Providing we hold on to our current crop and make a few tweaks in certain areas we''ll certainly be in great shape for a proper tilt in 2014/15.[/quote]But ultimately failed....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Alex "]If there''s one thing I''ll look forward to if we do go down it''ll be giving that shithouse down the road another couple of batterings next season. There''s no buzz on earth like it.[/quote]I can assure you we''re also very much looking forward to hosting you, dear boy!We''re a much different side to the spineless collection of hotch-potch has-beens we had 3-4 years ago. Mick''s undeniably the best second tier manager around and we''ve got a fantastic work rate, desire and no less talent coming through. Football is cyclical, we''ll have our time soon.[/quote]So if he''s the best second tier manager, and you have this fantastic work rate, how come you didn''t even make the play offs?Something doesn''t quite add up here.[/quote]Oh gosh, you deal in school playground football rankings do you? Having the best manager doesn''t always mean you''ll finish 1st in the division lad.Mick and Terry are the best management team in the league. We don''t have the biggest budget - hence why we couldn''t compete with the Leicesters, the QPRs and Wigans for full 46 games. But we''re building a team to be proud of once again - something you admittedly had for a few years but you''re well and truly back to square one now.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Alex "]If there''s one thing I''ll look forward to if we do go down it''ll be giving that shithouse down the road another couple of batterings next season. There''s no buzz on earth like it.[/quote]I can assure you we''re also very much looking forward to hosting you, dear boy!We''re a much different side to the spineless collection of hotch-potch has-beens we had 3-4 years ago. Mick''s undeniably the best second tier manager around and we''ve got a fantastic work rate, desire and no less talent coming through. Football is cyclical, we''ll have our time soon.[/quote]So if he''s the best second tier manager, and you have this fantastic work rate, how come you didn''t even make the play offs?Something doesn''t quite add up here.[/quote]Oh gosh, you deal in school playground football rankings do you? Having the best manager doesn''t always mean you''ll finish 1st in the division lad.Mick and Terry are the best management team in the league. We don''t have the biggest budget - hence why we couldn''t compete with the Leicesters, the QPRs and Wigans for full 46 games. But we''re building a team to be proud of once again - something you admittedly had for a few years but you''re well and truly back to square one now.[/quote]Or as some prefer to call it "The final league table"A lot of people use it as a handy ready reckoner, to assess a teams success over the football season.We''re back to several squares above where you are lol.

Funny how we haven''t seen any Ipswich fans here for about 3 seasons lol....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Alex "]If there''s one thing I''ll look forward to if we do go down it''ll be giving that shithouse down the road another couple of batterings next season. There''s no buzz on earth like it.[/quote]I can assure you we''re also very much looking forward to hosting you, dear boy!We''re a much different side to the spineless collection of hotch-potch has-beens we had 3-4 years ago. Mick''s undeniably the best second tier manager around and we''ve got a fantastic work rate, desire and no less talent coming through. Football is cyclical, we''ll have our time soon.[/quote]So if he''s the best second tier manager, and you have this fantastic work rate, how come you didn''t even make the play offs?Something doesn''t quite add up here.[/quote]Oh gosh, you deal in school playground football rankings do you? Having the best manager doesn''t always mean you''ll finish 1st in the division lad.Mick and Terry are the best management team in the league. We don''t have the biggest budget - hence why we couldn''t compete with the Leicesters, the QPRs and Wigans for full 46 games. But we''re building a team to be proud of once again - something you admittedly had for a few years but you''re well and truly back to square one now.[/quote]Or as some prefer to call it "The final league table"A lot of people use it as a handy ready reckoner, to assess a teams success over the football season.We''re back to several squares above where you are lol.[/quote]Are you really? Because from where I''m sitting we''re going to be on equal footing at about 9.45pm this evening.

And finishing the season ten places above you.Thats another of those pesky facts from that league table thingy.But if we are relegated at least it will help you fill your ground at least once next season.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]And finishing the season ten places above you.Thats another of those pesky facts from that league table thingy.But if we are relegated at least it will help you fill your ground at least once next season.[:)][/quote]If you''d spent 13 consecutive seasons in the same division, I can 99% guarantee you would have similar crowds to what we''re experiencing.I don''t think there''s any if about it; you''ve been down for months. I called it back in December. You should''ve fired Hootun and allowed someone who wasn''t afraid of losing to spend some money in Jan.

Fascinating to see the work of two prize bullsh*tters on this (so far) very short thread. Difficult to wok out who the real ''king'' is . I suppose, I''ll have to plump for Morty as he has such a long track record.But if PK becomes a regular on here, I do see him giving old Morts a run for his money.......

[quote user="portman_king"]I''m a realistic Town fan and said beforehand that a top 10 finish this term would represent a good turnaround from where we were 12 months ago.[/quote]Yep, eight more points than last season when you were fighting relegation for most of the season. That''s some turnaround. [:S]

[quote user="GC"]Morty and Portman King''s posting and writing styles are very similar.

Hmmmm.............[/quote]I can assure you I''m the old Portmanking... hoping to lock horns with a few old names... where''s the delightful City1st?

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"]And finishing the season ten places above you.Thats another of those pesky facts from that league table thingy.But if we are relegated at least it will help you fill your ground at least once next season.[:)][/quote]If you''d spent 13 consecutive seasons in the same division, I can 99% guarantee you would have similar crowds to what we''re experiencing.I don''t think there''s any if about it; you''ve been down for months. I called it back in December. You should''ve fired Hootun and allowed someone who wasn''t afraid of losing to spend some money in Jan.[/quote]Well you shouldn''t be so shart, and get out of the division then, shouldn''t you?Remember waving tenners at us when Mucus Evans took you over lol?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Fascinating to see the work of two prize bullsh*tters on this (so far) very short thread. Difficult to wok out who the real ''king'' is . I suppose, I''ll have to plump for Morty as he has such a long track record.But if PK becomes a regular on here, I do see him giving old Morts a run for his money.......[/quote]Prey tell what I''ve been bullsh*tting about?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Fascinating to see the work of two prize bullsh*tters on this (so far) very short thread. Difficult to wok out who the real ''king'' is . I suppose, I''ll have to plump for Morty as he has such a long track record.But if PK becomes a regular on here, I do see him giving old Morts a run for his money.......[/quote]Poor Reggie, traipsing round the forum, desperate for some attention from me[:(]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]I''m a realistic Town fan and said beforehand that a top 10 finish this term would represent a good turnaround from where we were 12 months ago.[/quote]Yep, eight more points than last season when you were fighting relegation for most of the season. That''s some turnaround. [:S][/quote]2 games remaining this season we still had a chance of making the top 6.2 games remaining last season we still could have gone down.Does that make things a little clearer in that head of yours?

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]I''m a realistic Town fan and said beforehand that a top 10 finish this term would represent a good turnaround from where we were 12 months ago.[/quote]Yep, eight more points than last season when you were fighting relegation for most of the season. That''s some turnaround. [:S][/quote]2 games remaining this season we still had a chance of making the top 6.2 games remaining last season we still could have gone down.Does that make things a little clearer in that head of yours?[/quote]But you will spend yet another season in the Championship, right?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]I''m a realistic Town fan and said beforehand that a top 10 finish this term would represent a good turnaround from where we were 12 months ago.[/quote]Yep, eight more points than last season when you were fighting relegation for most of the season. That''s some turnaround. [:S][/quote]2 games remaining this season we still had a chance of making the top 6.2 games remaining last season we still could have gone down.Does that make things a little clearer in that head of yours?[/quote]But you will spend yet another season in the Championship, right?[/quote]Gosh you''re hard work. Bottom half to top half finish = progress. Next season = who knows?Put it this way:Player X who is out of contract this summer has calls from Neyyul Adams and Mick McCarthy.Which one are you more likely to want to play for?

[quote user="portman_king"]2 games remaining this season we still had a chance of making the top 6.[/quote]Just shows what a poor league it is. We pissed it four years ago at the first attempt.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]I''m a realistic Town fan and said beforehand that a top 10 finish this term would represent a good turnaround from where we were 12 months ago.[/quote]Yep, eight more points than last season when you were fighting relegation for most of the season. That''s some turnaround. [:S][/quote]2 games remaining this season we still had a chance of making the top 6.2 games remaining last season we still could have gone down.Does that make things a little clearer in that head of yours?[/quote]But you will spend yet another season in the Championship, right?[/quote]Gosh you''re hard work. Bottom half to top half finish = progress. Next season = who knows?Put it this way:Player X who is out of contract this summer has calls from Neyyul Adams and Mick McCarthy.Which one are you more likely to want to play for?[/quote]Thats some pretty slow progress, after 13 seasons in the division. By my reckoning you should be ready for a proper promotion push by, say, 2020?Silly question, but my answer would be the side most likely to pay the most.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="portman_king"]2 games remaining this season we still had a chance of making the top 6.[/quote]Just shows what a poor league it is. We pissed it four years ago at the first attempt.[/quote]It''s the most competitive league in the world, that''s what it is. And if you underestimate it it''ll bite you hard... you lot know that better than us seeing as we''ve not actually left the top two divisions in more than 60 years.